[Suggestion & Request] Language

Raven Lust.4786

@sorudo.9054 said:

@sorudo.9054 said:i would like aurebesh support but...well....

Making fun of a request for the language which is the basis of yours isn't the smarter thing to do. Lack of knowledge makes bad humour.

making fun of the importance of a dutch language support is the same, guess what is happening for the last 12 years, lack of historical knowledge makes it worse ;)

I don't know what are you on about and what you are trying to say but the fun and the debate you want to start doesn't belong to my thread. Also, I don't like people who "troll" and "destroy" threads. Thank you and bye.

@Raven Lust.4786 said:Like I mentioned many times, languages which are written with Latin letters have no support area either and no moderating help.I don't follow your logic coming in this thread to judge who is more potential and vote for other languages rather than Greek. By the way, last time I checked, Greek is the base language of Latin and Cyrillic and many more.

Do you acknowledge that it's not free to ANet to add new character sets? Do you accept that the people who make games for a living have also determined that doing so increases ongoing maintenance costs, part of which are related to customer support? Do you see how this would cause a successful business to pick carefully which character sets they include in their products?

And finally, do you see how it is a business call, not a judgment value, to consider how many potential new players would come from adding any new feature? That adding language-specific features would tend to limit that potential? And that the number of potential players who uses that language is very relevant to the business decision?

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Raven Lust.4786 said:Like I mentioned many times, languages which are written with Latin letters have no support area either and no moderating help.I don't follow your logic coming in this thread to judge who is more potential and vote for other languages rather than Greek. By the way, last time I checked, Greek is the base language of Latin and Cyrillic and many more.

Do you acknowledge that it's not free to ANet to add new character sets? Do you accept that the people who make games for a living have also determined that doing so increases ongoing maintenance costs, part of which are related to customer support? Do you see how this would cause a successful business to pick carefully which character sets they include in their products?

And finally, do you see how it is a business call, not a judgment value, to consider how many potential
new
players would come from adding any new feature? That adding language-specific features would tend to limit that potential? And that the number of potential players who uses that language is very relevant to the business decision?

I have the knowledge of all the above but all these arguments can be made from ANET and not from a gamer unless you are an employee of their logistics.You can have an opinion on my request like everyone but discussing the obvious problems and you being an internet expert on business growth isn't something critically relevant but I can see your logic and your point. I had an answer from ANET and I responded back. Thank you.

@Raven Lust.4786 said:

And finally, do you see how it is a business call, not a judgment value, to consider how many potential
new
players would come from adding any new feature? That adding language-specific features would tend to limit that potential? And that the number of potential players who uses that language is very relevant to the business decision?

I have the knowledge of all the above but all these arguments can be made from ANET and not from a gamer unless you are an employee of their logistics.You can have an opinion on my request like everyone but discussing the obvious problems and you being an internet expert on business growth isn't something critically relevant but I can see your logic and your point. I had an answer from ANET and I responded back. Thank you.

There is a reason a gamer can tell you this.That reason is it have been asked for before and shoot down by a language bigger then greek.If you wonder what language its russian and its not only written in russia but alot of the eastern block that made up the union.

@Linken.6345 said:

new

There is a reason a gamer can tell you this.That reason is it have been asked for before and shoot down by a language bigger then greek.If you wonder what language its russian and its not only written in russia but alot of the eastern block that made up the union.

Make a kind of research about languages before you judge one. We are not talking about ice creams.If your language got rejected, doesn't mean you have to come here and spread the negativity all over my thread. Many of you came to my thread doing that with the excuse that their language got rejected so they were thumbing down my request, no logic.Thank you for the conversation.

@Raven Lust.4786 said:

Making fun of a request for the language which is the basis of yours isn't the smarter thing to do. Lack of knowledge makes bad humour.

making fun of the importance of a dutch language support is the same, guess what is happening for the last 12 years, lack of historical knowledge makes it worse ;)

I don't know what are you on about and what you are trying to say but the fun and the debate you want to start doesn't belong to my thread. Also, I don't like people who "troll" and "destroy" threads. Thank you and bye.

well buckle up boy, you're on a ride of your life because the discussion of adding dutch in a game is just as important as greek if not more important.also, if you don't want ppl to debate something don't post something this public, i don't destroy or troll your threat, you're doing that all by yourself.

@sorudo.9054 said:

well buckle up boy, you're on a ride of your life because the discussion of adding dutch in a game is just as important as greek if not more important.also, if you don't want ppl to debate something don't post something this public, i don't destroy or troll your threat, you're doing that all by yourself.

First of all, I'm kind to everyone and didn't call anyone boy so chill out with your attitude here.I don't understand what you want to succeed, coming to my thread which is created for a specific request which was answered by ANET and you trying to talk about your language that is more important than others.You are in a wrong thread.I'm not going to follow this, thank you for the conversation and i'm not willing to talk about it.

Archived