Merge Empathetic Bond with Invigorating Bond

Zuko.7132

Can we have some condi clear outside of Wilderness Survival? Merge Empathetic Bond with Invigorating Bond in Nature Magic. Give Invigorating Bond the recharge on pet swap mechanic. Make it affect allies around the pet and around the ranger, but don’t let it double up.

• Confused 1

Yeah, Empathic Bond is trash--and as an aside, I also call it Empathetic Bond even after learning the true name, because it's the same thing and who the hell says Empathic in sentences anyway....but I digress.

Merging with Invigorating would be fine, give a burst heal and a cleanse and also get NM cleanse away from being tied to dodge rolling of all things, which is...so bad.

Empathic should give defensive boons like stab on swap, and then have Shared Anguish give Aegis under some condition, like whoever gets CC (player or pet) gets 1-2s of Aegis with like a 20s ICD.  Or since pets are so bad anyway both of you could get Aegis after a CC.

On 3/12/2023 at 9:17 AM, Dadnir.5038 said:

I don't think merging empathic bond and invigorating bond would be a good thing.

On another hand, bringing the trait ICD recharge on pet swap to invigorating bond would be great.

It would.

We're talking about a GM trait on a 20 second cooldown that gives you a small 2K heal, non-scaleable because it goes off the healing power of the pet. Adding some AoE cleanse to it would at least make it good-ish.

Alternatively I would add the Power to Healing Power Conversion from Instinctive Reaction and rework the latter trait.

Edited by Lazze.9870
  • Like 1