Buffing Banner Graphics

Xperiment.6923

I believe there is some talk about buffing the banner trait line and I sure hope to get a better support Warrior soon. But in the meantime how about adding some ummph to at least the graphics? Think about PvP Finishers they are so satisfying! Banners need to be twice as tall as they are now and would be cool to get some new skins. Maybe some cool effigy looking ones? 

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Xperiment.6923 said:

I believe there is some talk about buffing the banner trait line and I sure hope to get a better support Warrior soon. But in the meantime how about adding some ummph to at least the graphics? Think about PvP Finishers they are so satisfying! Banners need to be twice as tall as they are now and would be cool to get some new skins. Maybe some cool effigy looking ones? 

What talk where?

I would be very careful about adding even more visual clutter to this game.

At least until/if we get options/sliders where we can adjust amount of visual effects that gets displayed (something like FFXIV).

Effect LOD does very little right now.

Edited by Greyrat.2378
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2023 at 6:15 PM, prototypedragon.1406 said:

I still find it hilarious when they released the banners to be picked up and moved around but we were given no skills on our skill bar while holding them with horrendous buffs at the time and it was phrased as the Banner update 😂🤣

I was not here for that. But with all the interactable objects in the game you pick up and do stuff with..you'd think that they could have done more for banners at the time.

I see potential to make Banners like a Kit, kinda like gunblade. Or reworked as an elite spec that makes shield or Warhorn mainhand.

I might be the only one that wants to make banners a thing but I'd like a Support Warrior...kinda Bardish with shouts, warhorn, and banners.

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Xperiment.6923 said:

I was not here for that. But with all the interactable objects in the game you pick up and do stuff with..you'd think that they could have done more for banners at the time.

I see potential to make Banners like a Kit, kinda like gunblade. Or reworked as an elite spec that makes shield or Warhorn mainhand.

I might be the only one that wants to make banners a thing but I'd like a Support Warrior...kinda Bardish with shouts, warhorn, and banners.

Banners at release were kits. They should have reworked them to be more like engineer kits or firebrand tomes, but they went with the static stat buff sticks that they then reworked.

• Thanks 1