Guardian PvE Build

Blur.3465

Hey guys!

I'm kinda -new- to the Guardian, but I wanna have one nicely set up to -main- along with my Warrior. 
I am struggling to find a decent build and I could do with some help.

Currently I am running a DPS Dragonhunter build from Metabattle (GS/Bow) and it's -decent-, but somewhat slow for my taste.
I am thinking about trying Firebrand, but getting gear for it is a bit tedious.
So I wonder...what's everyone's preference, builds and gear and what should I be focusing on?
I want an overall good build that is GOOD in high-end fractals, raiding and open world.

Thanks a lot! 🙂

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Blur.3465 said:

Hey guys!

I'm kinda -new- to the Guardian, but I wanna have one nicely set up to -main- along with my Warrior. 
I am struggling to find a decent build and I could do with some help.

Currently I am running a DPS Dragonhunter build from Metabattle (GS/Bow) and it's -decent-, but somewhat slow for my taste.
I am thinking about trying Firebrand, but getting gear for it is a bit tedious.
So I wonder...what's everyone's preference, builds and gear and what should I be focusing on?
I want an overall good build that is GOOD in high-end fractals, raiding and open world.

Thanks a lot! 🙂

Dragonhunter does alright in most PVE, but it's just not in a great place right now. They are working on it, but far too slowly. It really depends on which game modes you are playing.

Firebrand excels in most content but is especially strong in groups. It can fill any role, sometimes 2 at a time. In solo OW, it's an all-around good pick too. It can be fast due to the high uptime of quickness but doesn't have much mobility compared to other classes outside of swiftness.

If you really want to feel fast and mobile, willbender is the way to go. Works great solo, as long as you can handle its quick mobility abilities. It can be pretty good in groups without losing much by slotting some support skills.

So, willbender will feel much faster than and more mobile, and you can't go wrong with firebrand. Gear will entirely depend on what content/game mode you're in, and if you prefer a high-risk DPS playstyle or a more tanky (solo)/support(group) playstyle.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gaiawolf.8261 said:

Dragonhunter does alright in most PVE, but it's just not in a great place right now. They are working on it, but far too slowly. It really depends on which game modes you are playing.

Firebrand excels in most content but is especially strong in groups. It can fill any role, sometimes 2 at a time. In solo OW, it's an all-around good pick too. It can be fast due to the high uptime of quickness but doesn't have much mobility compared to other classes outside of swiftness.

If you really want to feel fast and mobile, willbender is the way to go. Works great solo, as long as you can handle its quick mobility abilities. It can be pretty good in groups without losing much by slotting some support skills.

So, willbender will feel much faster than and more mobile, and you can't go wrong with firebrand. Gear will entirely depend on what content/game mode you're in, and if you prefer a high-risk DPS playstyle or a more tanky (solo)/support(group) playstyle.

Hey hey, thanks for response!

I haven't given Willbender a try, but it definitely looks interesting.
I was just looking at Metabattle builds but it's quite limited when it comes to builds there which is a shame.
The only issue with the Firebrand that I have is viper gear, which will take me a bit to get -- unless there's a better alternative.
Currently sporting Berserker for my Dragonhunter, but definitely not too happy with how it performs. 

Do you know some fun Willbender builds that will perform well in group and solo content? I'd appreciate! Thanks ❤️ 

35 minutes ago, Blur.3465 said:

I was just looking at Metabattle builds but it's quite limited when it comes to builds there which is a shame.
The only issue with the Firebrand that I have is viper gear, which will take me a bit to get -- unless there's a better alternative.
Currently sporting Berserker for my Dragonhunter, but definitely not too happy with how it performs. 

Do you know some fun Willbender builds that will perform well in group and solo content? I'd appreciate! Thanks ❤️ 

cFB does great with a blend of viper and ritualist gear if you want high dps. I've heard more ritualist pieces make for better QoL in OW.

I prefer FB for pve and wvw zerging, but I played WB for roaming wvw, which works pretty well. Sorry, I haven't played WB in PVE, but condi is still the way to go and it's still kitten fast. The good thing about WB in any game mode is that you don't need all viper gear for dps. With Balthazar runes, it's easy to get +100% burn duration, so you can swap in cheaper +condi pieces.

59 minutes ago, Gaiawolf.8261 said:

cFB does great with a blend of viper and ritualist gear if you want high dps. I've heard more ritualist pieces make for better QoL in OW.

I prefer FB for pve and wvw zerging, but I played WB for roaming wvw, which works pretty well. Sorry, I haven't played WB in PVE, but condi is still the way to go and it's still kitten fast. The good thing about WB in any game mode is that you don't need all viper gear for dps. With Balthazar runes, it's easy to get +100% burn duration, so you can swap in cheaper +condi pieces.

Thank you ❤️ 

I think I'll give Firebrand a go once I get all the Viper and Ritualist gear.
Any links to some good Firebrand builds, or should I stick to what Metabattle recommends?

3 hours ago, Blur.3465 said:

There's a couple of options.  Snowcrows lists power and condition builds.  A note about the condition build: it is largely inferior to what condition firebrand can output.  I also have my own snowflake version of the condition build that uses grievers instead of viper/sinister for slightly lower performance.  

• Like 1

Except for Open World, overall builds will not bring you far into Fractal and Raid.
It is either to be pure damage dps, condition dps, or supportive build. 
In general,
Dragonhunter offers damage dps,
Firebrand offers supportive and condition dps,
Willbender offers both damage and condition dps.
There are several non-ordinary builds but it is not always sought after, except for FB quickness dps build.

Most of all, it is all about how you want to enjoy the game. If you love using Mace and Hammer bashing around, that is fine too. I remember seeing a youtube video showing 10 guardians using hammers and smashing Vale Guardian to bits. That was fun and hilarious too.

Edited by yLoon.5289