Skill Disparity Scenario

Crab Fear.8623

I check mini map, and see that 2 of my allies are vs one of the enemy.

I'm hopeful that they can dispatch and return to normal rotation.

Time passes, I'm on thief and with the shortage on players, the best I got is a decap before the enemy wants to chase me.

I do a little hound and hare, but escape.

Only option now is to look at minimal.

Allies are still versus the one.

I decide to hit the burst and dash out, I kitten you not, the enemy has all his defensives still and negates my burst.

I guess my allies were playing without weapons, eyes, or hands.

The enemy probably only had to auto and kite on these numnums

• Haha 2

new accounts start with 1200 rating in ranked, gold one.

new players on their first game are weighted gold one. how can anyone expect the skill rating system to work with any accuracy when a new player is gold....

it's actually a joke if gold one is 'my first PvP game' and they have to play with plats.

Edited by Bunbury.8472

26 minutes ago, Bunbury.8472 said:

new accounts start with 1200 rating in ranked, gold one.

new players on their first game are weighted gold one. how can anyone expect the skill rating system to work with any accuracy when a new player is gold....

it's actually a joke if gold one is 'my first PvP game' and they have to play with plats.

Mhm... and i'm over here grinding soloQ as a WB losing 4 out of 10 "placements", only to be placed in G2 every single time. But I manage to grind to upper G3/Plat1 at the end of every season. Meanwhile, duoQ players are somehow getting a higher winrate percentage vs emo-solitary-soloQ players like myself ;_;

• Anet: "Oh you're Plat? Here, carry this Gold 2 Berserker War and G2 Mechanists... but there is a Plat3 duo on the other team that we need you to go up against. Don't worry, we gave them all Gold1 players so their average team rating is technically less than yours even IF they all happen to be meta classes like Cata and Spellbreaker. You'll get -21 points for L and +7 for W because you have the better odds!. Oh look the game was close so the system must be pretty good! Perfectly fine if you go up against them 3 more times in a row until you're back in low Gold3!!
Edited by Saiyan.1704
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Saiyan.1704 said:

Oh you're Plat? Here, carry this Gold 2 Berserker War and G2 Mechanists... but there is a Plat3 duo on the other team that we need you to go up against. Don't worry, we gave them all Gold1 players so their average team rating is technically less than yours even IF they all happen to be meta classes like Cata and Spellbreaker. You'll get -21 points for L and +7 for W because you have the better odds!. Oh look the game was close so the system must be pretty good! Perfectly fine if you go up against them 3 more times in a row until you're back in low Gold3!

Lol. The level of accuracy here is biblical.

• Like 2