Renegade as the onramp into Rev

Gibson.4036

When I first tried Rev I immediately disliked stance swapping, and felt like sword was awkward.

Back when Torment runes were ridiculously OP and everyone was talking about unkillable Condi Renegade I picked up Rev again to try it. I was smdiscovered Renegade could largely camp Kalla through most content. Over time I started swapping to Mallyx just for the fun of getting up close and personal, until stance swapping became second nature.

Of course, Torment runes got hard nerfed, but after a break I found Condi Renegade to still be a lot of fun.

Recently, I decided to make a new character (monastery armor and twin holosmith swords make great cosplay) and try Herald. To my surprise, while running around to get hero points, I found myself totally enjoying Core Power Rev! Swapping Shiro/Jallis felt completely different from when I first tried it years ago.

I think the ability to camp Kalla was the gateway I needed into enjoying Rev gameplay.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

If you want to camp something you are better off with herald honestly with the facets up along with Forceful Persistence. Camping Kalla is not all that great.

There has not been much change from the original iteration of Glint, so I don't see how this is anything new.

That's cool. I wasn't describing anything new, just the journey I took personally.

Jallis and Shiro can run out of gas quick, but I found I could live in Kalla indefinitely in most content. I guess that gave me the space to not get overwhelmed by stance swapping on cooldown as well as weapon swapping.

My post wasn't about Glint. I haven't really played with Herald yet. It was about discovering that I had changed and actually enjoyed core Rev after some Renegade training wheel time.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

If you want to camp something you are better off with herald honestly with the facets up along with Forceful Persistence. Camping Kalla is not all that great.

There has not been much change from the original iteration of Glint, so I don't see how this is anything new.

Can work with either, really. Kalla can be hard to run dry unless you use pretty much all of the cooldowns in quick succession - if you don't, though, for any given skill, there's a good chance you'll have recovered the energy by the time it recharges.

Heck, even Archemorus can end up feeling quite comfortable just sticking in Archemorus for extended periods if you're not under too much pressure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1