Help with Firebrand PvE Support Build

Magical Things.8465

I'm working on a PvE supportive Firebrand build.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNAW5ensADNCjFBDGCBEEhlBCDLD0CuBWBgqVBYfhGRzoA-jxxGQBA4iAsUlfQVJ4Q2f4m6GI3TAIoq/QKAOHZB-e

Is the build sorta put together. Goal is support and allow for come carrying in low to mid tier fractals for newbies.

Any thoughts or direction is greatly appreciated!!

My first question is, how do you intend to carry with a zero damage build?

Secondly, assuming you're talking about T3 Fractals and below, the best "carry" you can give is force feeding them Fractal potions. Besides from that, the damage output in those Fractals don't really warrant a dedicated healer.

I run this for fractals and raids. It does pretty significant healing, makes perma quickness, perma fury and about 15-20 might pretty easily. It also has regen and prot with nearly 100% uptime and can provide access to every single boon in the game if needed.

It doesn't do a ton of damage, but it covers the vast majority of anything you need from support specs in one neat little package.

The last utility skill can be swapped to just about anything based on the needs of the fight. You can take a 50% uptime reflect with the wall of reflection, or group stability or whatever else you may need for a particular fight.

@Knox.8962 said:I run this for fractals and raids. It does pretty significant healing, makes perma quickness, perma fury and about 15-20 might pretty easily. It also has regen and prot with nearly 100% uptime and can provide access to every single boon in the game if needed.

It doesn't do a ton of damage, but it covers the vast majority of anything you need from support specs in one neat little package.

The last utility skill can be swapped to just about anything based on the needs of the fight. You can take a 50% uptime reflect with the wall of reflection, or group stability or whatever else you may need for a particular fight.

Thank you so much!!!

@Knox.8962 said:I run this for fractals and raids. It does pretty significant healing, makes perma quickness, perma fury and about 15-20 might pretty easily. It also has regen and prot with nearly 100% uptime and can provide access to every single boon in the game if needed.

The last utility skill can be swapped to just about anything based on the needs of the fight. You can take a 50% uptime reflect with the wall of reflection, or group stability or whatever else you may need for a particular fii

I love this build.. but is a shame we are not 100% viable as support/healer in fractal or raids.. we can't do anything vs a DRUID, CHRONO or REV even tempest :(. Sometimes I think this game has worse balance than WOW in the 2005 (Classic). I think the main problem is the "soft role identification" with the classes and traits and the orginal idea about NO ROLES so they have been tired to "revamp" the orginal idea but I think till a GW3 we will not have a good player experience (apart the orginal idea: full dps dps and avoid red areas) in PVE..

@lagrimabendita.8763 said:

@Knox.8962 said:I run
for fractals and raids. It does pretty significant healing, makes perma quickness, perma fury and about 15-20 might pretty easily. It also has regen and prot with nearly 100% uptime and can provide access to every single boon in the game if needed.

The last utility skill can be swapped to just about anything based on the needs of the fight. You can take a 50% uptime reflect with the wall of reflection, or group stability or whatever else you may need for a particular fii

I love this build.. but is a shame we are not 100% viable as support/healer in fractal or raids.. we can't do anything vs a DRUID, CHRONO or REV even tempest :(. Sometimes I think this game has worse balance than WOW in the 2005 (Classic). I think the main problem is the "soft role identification" with the classes and traits and the orginal idea about NO ROLES so they have been tired to "revamp" the orginal idea but I think till a GW3 we will not have a good player experience (apart the orginal idea: full dps dps and avoid red areas) in PVE..

In my static raid last week we tried doing group setup that looked like this:Druid, Chrono, PS, 2x DPSFB, 4x DPS

The individual DPS numbers in the group without alacrity were lower than they might normally be, but bringing 4 of them instead of 3 + chrono ended up being a net positive for the group. If you went out of your way to fill that FB group with DPS specs that don't heavily rely on alacrity (Condi Rev, Condi Mirage, Power DD etc), you can make that setup even stronger.

Uh, no. Trait choices are terrible, and when I say that, I do mean that you somehow managed to pick up stuff that will provide both terrible healing and trash tier dps. This isn't self sabotage, it's art. About gear: no. As a firebrand, your only viable option for support is seraph or maybe shaman. The problem is seraph stats aren't available right now. Shaman has vitality as main stat so meh. About your weapon choices: no. Staff is terrible, and 12 might isn't going to cut it. Let the rangers do that. Mace is beyond useless too, you can't heal with regen because it doesn't stack, it's just refreshed and others will cancel yours.

Finally, if you play as support firebrand then don't forget the FIRE part of firebrand. Use axe. Or scepter. Or both, but in fractals you do need dps, shit isn't going to die with you overhealing the group. Honestly, I play T4s every day and when there's no healer, with my full dps sinister gear, me switching to F2 tome for some cleansing and healing to save the day is more than enough.

• 4 weeks later...

If your smart you'll build something that can hit hard and heal pretty well. I have mostly been using a mix of Marshals/Seraphs and it's been working pretty good, I may not by the most powerful damage dealer, but I still hit like a truck, and can heal pretty well to boot. Keep in mind you don't need all that much healing power, especially as a firebrand. Most people don't have that much health to heal to begin with, and with the Heal Tome, you should be able to full heal your team pretty easily in the rare instances they really need a heal. Really you should be focusing on cleanse and Aegis, so your allies take as little damage as possible, Aside from that, your best support option really is Protective Reviver, and shield (Preferably with Scepter). I have been running Axe/Focus but I'm sure someone else has a better option. That's all I really have to say.

Archived