Arenanet, what are you even working on?

1 minute ago, Obtena.7952 said:

No one should be assuming that the cadence of their mini releases are inline with what they have done in the past to judge how these mini's are organized to claim it's more or less content. It's a different business model. 

If a company has shown a consistent trend even when they've said multiple time they'll change things you can expect them to continue following that trend.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

No, that's not me delusional, that's me not making assumptions about how much 'content' Anet will deliver in the new model. 

It's not some baseless assumption though, it's a possibility that is only reinforced by Anets actions over the years. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 5

2 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

No, that's not me delusional, that's me not making assumptions about how much 'content' Anet will deliver in the new model. 

But here is some reality ... we have been getting content at a VERY GOOD value for far too long. The brand has proven it's worth. It's time to test if that content is worth it's value to people. 

So you think we got to much content for our buck before and its time for Anet to see how much they can milk out of us before the game dies?

Yea giving less for more cash is a sure fire way to drive your game into the ground.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 1

Just now, Linken.6345 said:

So you think we got to much content for our buck before and its time for Anet to see how much they can milk out of us before the game dies?

Yea giving less for more cash is a sure fire way to drive your game into the ground.

Actually YES I think we got WAY more content in the expansions (which does include LS episodes) for the price we paid for them. This isn't about 'milking' people ... if you don't think the content they are going to release is worth the value they are attaching to it, you don't have to buy it. That's how ANY exchange of goods/services for money works. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 8

Just now, Obtena.7952 said:

Actually YES I think we got WAY more content in the expansions (which does include LS episodes) for the price we paid for them. This isn't about 'milking' people ... if you don't think the content they are going to release is worth the value they are attaching to it, you don't have to buy it. That's how ANY exchange of goods/services for money works. 

It's not just about how good the content is though, how much is just as important.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

Just now, Gerplunka.3861 said:

It's not just about how good the content is though, how much is just as important.

Sure ... and you have no basis to judge any of the mini expansion content on how good they are right now. So your conclusion is based simply on ... counting maps, etc ... 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

4 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Sure ... and you have no basis to judge any of the mini expansion content on how good they are right now. 

The content we get in the new expansions could be good but it's still LESS and while volume is not the only thing that matters (which I never said it was) it is still just as important, the content we've been getting since HoT aside from Gyala and DRMs has been pretty good, new expansion content will most likely be more of that level but less, that is a problem.

Edited by Gerplunka.3861
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

3 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Yes and we already seen what we will get with the new mini expacs.

Its EoD light 2 maps instead of 4, 2 strikes instead of 4 with a added map like What Lies Beneath episode.

Those cut maps and strikes give room to give 1 fractal instead.

So yea its alot less then hot + season 3 or pof + season 4.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

Just now, Gerplunka.3861 said:

The content we get in the new expansions could be good but it's still LESS and while volume is not the only thing that matters (which I never said it was) it is still just as important, the content we've been getting aside from Gyala and DRMs has been pretty good, new expansion content will most likely be that level but less, that is a problem.

Convince yourself whatever you want. The bottomline is that Anet is going to (properly) engage with customers in a more direct manner with direct paid access to specific content. Either that has value to you or it doesn't. Their isn't a point to dispute this model based on release cadence at this point ... because there is no evidence one way or another to argue it's not enough. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 10

Convince yourself whatever you want. The bottomline is that Anet is going to (properly) engage with customers in a more direct manner with direct paid access to specific content. Either that has value to you or it doesn't. Their isn't a point to dispute this model based on release cadence at this point ... because there is no evidence one way or another to argue it's not enough. 

The evidence is Anets history of promising change and delivering more and better and not delivering

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

1 minute ago, Linken.6345 said:

Yes and we already seen what we will get with the new mini expacs.

Its EoD light 2 maps instead of 4, 2 strikes instead of 4 with a added map like What Lies Beneath episode.

Those cut maps and strikes give room to give 1 fractal instead.

So yea its alot less then hot + season 3 or pof + season 4.

I don't actually see a problem with some change with content volume in the new model ... because we will be paying for it directly. What's the actual outrage here?

• Like 1
  • Confused 6

2 minutes ago, Gerplunka.3861 said:

The evidence is Anets history of promising change and delivering more and better and not delivering

Well, that's the change with the new model ... you know what you are purchasing with a mini expansion. 

I don't see the problem here. For someone that is concerned about not getting what they were told was to be delivered, the new model is the best solution for that. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Confused 5

Just now, Obtena.7952 said:

Well, that's the change with the new model ... you know what you are purchasing with a mini expansion. 

Yeah and it's less content for not much of a cheaper price and considering how many devs anet has it really makes you wonder what they're all working on if we're getting less content overall. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 5

1 minute ago, Gerplunka.3861 said:

Yeah and it's less content for not much of a cheaper price and considering how many devs anet has it really makes you wonder what they're all working on if we're getting less content overall. 

Great ... then based on the content that is in the mini and the price, you can make an informed decision as a customer to purchase it or not ... problem solved. 

Whether they can or will deliver more content with this new model remains to be seen. If you want to include 'volume of content over time' in your decision to purchase more minis ... you CAN. 

This model is perfect for some like yourself who is concern about the value they get. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

4 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Great ... then based on the content that is in the mini and the price, you can make an informed decision as a customer to purchase it or not ... problem solved. 

Whether they can or will deliver more content with this new model remains to be seen. 

You're right, I'll look to see what exactly is coming with the expansion and decide if I want to spend my money or not but going back to the original actual point of this post since it has been side tracked a bit, if Anet is delivering less content overall in gw2 what the hell are they working on?

Edited by Gerplunka.3861
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

8 minutes ago, Gerplunka.3861 said:

You're right, I'll look to see what exactly is coming with the expansion and decide if I want to spend my money or not but going back to the original actual point of this post, if Anet is delivering less content overall in gw2 what the hell are they working on?

It's weird you think Anet owes us an explanation of what they are working on because that's, to me, an unreasonable expectation, depending on whether the content they are doing is something we paid for.  That's always been the problem with this game. Most the content you pay for is something being released 1-2 years down the road. 

That's ALSO a good reason for the new model (and why I think the old model is not a good one) because in the new model, they don't owe that explanation. You will be able to judge the value of the content based on the offering, not a promise of future releases. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Confused 6

12 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

It's weird you think Anet owes us an explanation of what they are working on because that's, to me, an unreasonable expectation, depending on whether the content they are doing is something we paid for. That's always been the problem with this game. Most the content you pay for is something happening 1-2 years down the road. 

That's ALSO a good reason for the new model (and why I think the old model is not a good one) because in the new model, they don't owe that explanation. You will be able to judge the value of the content based on the offering, not a promise of future releases. 

In the modern day any game studio especially ones working on a major mmo make transparency, letting their players know EXACTLY their plans and what's coming not only short term but long something they focus on. Why? because it sets their players expectations on what to expect and if they should continue to invest in product. Why? Because their players/customers want to know. What effect does this have? Well for starters its a big way to build good will with your customers which not only makes them more willing to stay around but they will also be more willing to tell other people about said product and recommend it which ultimate leads to more money which any company wants, it's become standard these days and just about every other major mmo studio is doing to some extent and they do it regularly. 

"You will be able to judge the value of the content based on the offering, not a promise of future releases. "

When it comes to mmo's you absolutely judge the value off not only the current offering AND the potential future of the game, mmos are long term investment games after all. 

Edited by Gerplunka.3861
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

1 hour ago, Gerplunka.3861 said:

What are you actually working on because it seems like you are putting fewer resources into GW2 overall. The latest patch, Gyala, is underwhelming, and the community is more confused than ever about the game's future because you will not communicate in a way that isn't vague. It seems like the game as a whole is just getting significantly less content overall going forward. 

Despite promises of increased transparency and content release plans, there has been very little new content in the past year. The first bit of new content, Gyala, is disappointing, and the EoD Strike Challenge modes are not new content, just additional difficulty modes. The re-release of season one was much needed but clearly didn't require the entire team to work on it.

PvP and WvW/Alliances are not receiving major development, and the future of PvE content looks bleak. The community would appreciate it if you communicated what you are working on and what we can expect from the game going forward in a way that wasn't incredibly vague.

It seem's like the only thing that will be getting enough content going forward is the cashshop.

We know about the Unreal5 project but aside from it being a thing we don't even know anything about it, is it a GW related product? The horizon MMO? A new IP? Singleplayer or Multiplayer? etc. 

we don’t talk about moderation things here 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

17 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

It's weird you think Anet owes us an explanation of what they are working on because that's, to me, an unreasonable expectation, depending on whether the content they are doing is something we paid for.  That's always been the problem with this game. Most the content you pay for is something being released 1-2 years down the road. 

Yes except you cant judge the value since 40% will be released later in quarterly updates so you have no idea of what your buying.

If I get quarterly updates for free without buying the mini expansion first then I can judge it but I doubt that will happen.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3