What vindicator could be

arazoth.7290

Vindicator needs in the following upsumming a small rework for more identity and better balancing in the future:

• 1. Energy meld:  energy meld F2 15 sec cd. Lets alliance stance, archemorus and Saint Viktor the next 2 pressed abilities of them melt. This would feel like a weaver on demand skill ability.

This F2 energy meld should for alliance stance already be there. And major traitlines should be around how this would affect while in core stances too.

When you press F2 skill energy meld, The next first 2 abilities used melt, depends  which stance you are on => core or alliance stance what you wish to choose

This way archy can give saint viktor for example some extra cc, boons, damage.

And saint viktor can give archy this way for example some extra support like boons, healing.

These bonus effects can be used on allies or enemies, so you can choose where you want to have it hit or spent, this gives some decision and more thinking where and when you want it be used.

the alliance stance change shouldn't have a switching to archemorus or viktor shouldn't have a cd, but you also get no beneficials traits proccing from it ( these get replaced ).

2. Major traitlines effecting when in core stance:

•1st traitline mid) archy gives on F2 skill next 2 pressed abilities offensive melted skills.

2nd traitline mid) archy and viktor on F2 skill next 2 pressed abilties gives offensive/supportive melted skills.

3rd traitline mid) viktor gives on F2 skill next 2 pressed abilities supportive melted skills.

Edited by arazoth.7290
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

• 1 month later...

I feel like power vindictor is not that op in wvw. Feel like I have to play piano to surive and do dmg. Did build with 100% crit.chance and 200% crit.dmg and skill hits like for 2000-3000. Where other chars can hit way higher with single hit. Other day power thife hit me for 8000 in single hit sooo ye for class with GS and all traits set in power still glass canon dont seem to work like some classes with more survability

• Like 4

You can actually be quite survivable as a vindicator clad in full berserker gear and using exclusively greatsword as your weapon, so much in fact that I was quite surprised to experience it myself, using just exotic gear (I love gs but condi vindicator feels way too smooth in pve, thus I main it). You should always keep in mind though, if you're playing melee in WvW,  enjoy running with zergs and want to jump in the middle of the combat against other zergs, you'll most certainly die almost instantly, no matter your class, build, how high your stats may be or who you are. Playing exclusively melee with full focus on power stats, you'll probably have more success as a roamer and even so I'd say you should gather a lot of knowledge and experience before feeling close to being unstoppable. I'd like to add that you should always expect to find a bigger fish closer than you can see. Learning to choose your fights have alway played a very big part in growing as a player as well (balance patches can't favor everyone equally at once and of course, there are always better players to be met in the wild)

Ps.: like Saint Viktor feels about Archemorus, I hate you, deadeyes

Edited by Tekey.5084

11 hours ago, Silesium.5623 said:

I feel like power vindictor is not that op in wvw. Feel like I have to play piano to surive and do dmg. Did build with 100% crit.chance and 200% crit.dmg and skill hits like for 2000-3000. Where other chars can hit way higher with single hit. Other day power thife hit me for 8000 in single hit sooo ye for class with GS and all traits set in power still glass canon dont seem to work like some classes with more survability

tbf that's really low crit damage. try pushing it up with some dragons gear.

I feel like in general the identity and uniqueness of Alliance stance is lost when they gave the player the ability to "Archemorus only" or "Viktor only" and have to swap using a cooldown button like sub-Legend swap. That's just not it for me. 

If I had a say in how Vindicator would change, I'll make it so that you will start as either Arch or Vik but when you cast a certain number of skills as any of them, the whole skill set swaps itself to the other. I like to think it more like one of the two Legends going "hey that's too much action for you, I'm taking over now"

Could be a unique playstyle I'd like to dub "tolerance" and the amount of skills you can cast as either Vik or Arch is based on how many traits aligning to them you pick. For example:

If I pick the traits Leviathan Strength - Reaver's Curse - Forerunner of Death , I will get +3 Arch tolerance, allowing me to cast 3 more Archemorus skills before a forced swap happens. If you pick more supportive traits, you get more Vik spells to work with, you get the picture. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, Yasai.3549 said:

I feel like in general the identity and uniqueness of Alliance stance is lost when they gave the player the ability to "Archemorus only" or "Viktor only" and have to swap using a cooldown button like sub-Legend swap. That's just not it for me. 

If I had a say in how Vindicator would change, I'll make it so that you will start as either Arch or Vik but when you cast a certain number of skills as any of them, the whole skill set swaps itself to the other. I like to think it more like one of the two Legends going "hey that's too much action for you, I'm taking over now"

Could be a unique playstyle I'd like to dub "tolerance" and the amount of skills you can cast as either Vik or Arch is based on how many traits aligning to them you pick. For example:

If I pick the traits Leviathan Strength - Reaver's Curse - Forerunner of Death , I will get +3 Arch tolerance, allowing me to cast 3 more Archemorus skills before a forced swap happens. If you pick more supportive traits, you get more Vik spells to work with, you get the picture. 

Huh, very interesting. Sounds good actually.

8 hours ago, Yasai.3549 said:

Being forced into a legend swap after using utilities is not what vindicator needs again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

I rather have the switching on demand, but hear me out first.

The switching doesn't has a cd(that trait benefited proccing from it gets replaced). So there is more freedom in the stance, but the switching also gives no beneficials effects. I would like for some instances a lowered energy cost too though

energy meld F2 15 sec cd. Lets alliance stance, Archemorus and Saint Viktor the next 2 abilities of them melt. This would feel like a weaver on demand skill ability.

This energy meld between archemorus and viktor is already there.

But to make it interesting give the choice in the traits also =>

Whenever you go to jalis, centaur, shiro and mallyx you can use your F2 too energy meld (it still be used in alliance stance too).

This can be traited that archemorus, saint viktor or both meld with the core legends for the next 2 abilities to press.

So in the end you're the one to decide who you like to melt energy with. By this option arenanet can add many new things.

Oh yea how will this impact the dodge we have atm, simple can be baked into minor traitlines for a more overall effect they add. I never liked that they tried to make vindicator whole spec identity about a stupid dodge. This litarly dodged the issue about those legends going in union with each other 😂

Edited by arazoth.7290
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, phokus.8934 said:

Being forced into a legend swap after using utilities is not what vindicator needs again.

Arguably, Vindicator needs to not be Vindicator. No one asked for 2 Legends in 1 sales offer. 

With a Support oriented Herald and a Semi Support oriented Renegade, people have been asking for a DPS focused one. 

And that Spec icon. Totally baited us by making us think it would have anything to do with Ritualist. That icon has so little relation to the Legendary Alliance in general. 

Edited by Yasai.3549
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

I think vindicator idea was a wonderfull idea to give more then 1 legend. You don't always get what you want and I think this idea was very original thinking, only badly executed.

And I really think OP (updated little bit) would help this idea what they had had mind to give it some more finesse to it.

• Confused 1

23 hours ago, Yasai.3549 said:

For something like this to be possible without gutting the spec, at least one skill in Saint Viktor's set would have to change. There's no dps there so you wouldn't change from Archemorus unless you need healing asap. What I think should've been done during the spec designing process is just give the class a single set but make it more useful. You barely if ever touch some of the skills we have at our disposition if you're playing power or condition oriented dps, for exemple. Other skills are basically useless considering the whole set and could just go away. Archemorus healing sucks, and we could have only Saint Viktor's one (if you feel like you need the dmg from that healing skill, please, just auto attack and camp Saint Viktor) . Both dash skills are useful for different situations, but if you need to swap the alliance to use one urgently, you'd probably lose the opportunity to use it anyway. In a single set, keeping both dash skills, the aoe one could be removed despite having good use for condition builds especially, but to compensate for the dps loss, some aspect of Saint Viktor could be included in Elite skill of the spec and give it more dps or something else, like health or a bunch of boons. I know that I'm just feeding a dumb dream though. Revenant is a profession that have an elite spec focused on a normal charr and her warband and a extremely powerful (and evil, if that's needed to say) demon being channeled like it was just a fallen leaf you found while looking under a random tree, all at the same time. It's always the same with all mmos. We realize some weird concepts or simply problems, born from weird (usually, they're blantantly bad) ideas from designers and just live with them and their sour taste until we depart for the next game and the same proccess repeat

Edited by Tekey.5084
Ortography