Game wont login after April 18 2023 update

16 minutes ago, Miporin.3529 said:

Minimun requirements, dx 11, mean win 7 is still fully supported, but again, since you already used that abomination called win 10 i don't get why you  still here  arguing about something that do not affect you. Cut it.

The issue is you are complaining about an application that will not support WIn7 indefinitely. All of your problems can be laid squarely on the fact that you refuse to move forward. Windows 10 is superior to Win7. Unfortunately, I am stuck with Win11, but even so, it works. Win7 won't in the not too distant future.

You ask what you should do and complain about GW2...but the issue is your old OS. The fix is simple. Upgrade. In fact, you are nearly at the end of hardware that Win7 can support (for example, I don't think Win7 supports USB3, new GPUs, new CPUs, etc.). 

Also, things like Discord Livestream don't work in Windows 7, and more and more software won't support it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chaba.5410 said:

That's not true.  Been Win10 users also reporting issues here.

Also, still wondering what your plan is for when Win7 no longer becomes an option?  Not many stores still have hitching posts for customers to park their horses at either because the number of horse riders is way, way down.

I have my reasons to use win 7 exdpecially for working, i wont explain again and nor you should care about what os i use, I'm still playing because win 7 is still supported, i paid for the game and i continue to support developers for this reason paying also for some in game fascion items.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Miporin.3529 said:

I have my reasons to use win 7 exdpecially for working, i wont explain again and nor you should care about what os i use, I'm still playing because win 7 is still supported, i paid for the game and i continue to support developers for this reason paying also for some in game fascion items.

I don't care what your reason for still using it is.

I'm curious what your plan for the future is because it's something I am having a difficult time understanding.  Usually people keep an older system around if they have a work or hobby-related need for it and then have a newer system for other things that no longer work on the older system.

Anet isn't interpreting your purchases as buying support for your older system, btw.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Your Windows 7 doesn't run Guild Wars 2 properly?
Did you know you are missing on critical updates to keep you and your bank account safe?
There is a free and safe upgrade from Windows 7!
It costs nothing, and works great!
Install Linux today and get rid of your dangerously outdated Operating System!
Most Distributions already come with Steam pre-installed, which will allow you to install GW2 in 1 click with a bunch of optimizations. You can even use your non-Steam account to play.
I recommend searching for "Linux Mint" as your transition from Windows.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, misterman.1530 said:

No, Windows 7 hasn't been a supported OS since Jan 2020. Why would any developer, of games or any other application, need to support an Operating System that is more than 3 years out-of-date?

For historical reasons... The don't have a choice - every Windows is out-of-date.

5 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

What do you plan on doing when this no longer becomes an option if you want to keep playing something that updates as newer technology comes along?  I have a difficult time understanding this position so I'm curious.

I'm now on Skylake which was the last processor "allowed" by Intel/Microsoft to install Win7. When the time comes I'm moving to Linux (I was using FreeBSD/Unix long time ago, but will try KDE Neon). I'll just stop playing when forced to use newest versions of Windows. Which will be sad, as I have 8,2k hours. 😉

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

I don't care what your reason for still using it is.

I'm curious what your plan for the future is because it's something I am having a difficult time understanding.  Usually people keep an older system around if they have a work or hobby-related need for it and then have a newer system for other things that no longer work on the older system.

Anet isn't interpreting your purchases as buying support for your older system, btw.

Stop derailing this thread about what os people use, is not your business, this thread is about a chromium bug under a supported os.

Edited by Miporin.3529
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, anxnox.9027 said:

I'm now on Skylake which was the last processor "allowed" by Intel/Microsoft to install Win7. When the time comes I'm moving to Linux (I was using FreeBSD/Unix long time ago, but will try KDE Neon). I'll just stop playing when forced to use newest versions of Windows. Which will be sad, as I have 8,2k hours. 😉

Indeed, anyway Win 7 is supported uffocially till the 9th gen, i have a 9400F and a B365 mainboard and i'm perfectly run win 7 x64 with official drivers. For 10th gen and above you need modded third party drivers .

Hopefully the support of win 7 will continue, the game run very smooth on this os, i appreciate the fact that thank to command line we can have alternative ways to restore the old UI, DX and remove the problematic framework like chromium that cause this bug.

Edited by Miporin.3529

40 minutes ago, I am Legion.4153 said:

I'm a total noob when it comes to things like this.. How/where do i type that?

First, you must have a shortcut to the game in your desktop.

You  must right-click on the shortcut and select "properties".

In the new window, you must have something like this: "H:\Games\Guild Wars 2\Gw2-64.exe"

You must change that information with this: "H:\Games\Guild Wars 2\Gw2-64.exe" -usecoherent

Remember that the letter"H" and the route of installation could be different in your case.

Edited by Raider Jones.5120

16 hours ago, ManiacMika.9851 said:

Did you know you are missing on critical updates to keep you and your bank account safe?

Exactly.  Software that is no longer being actively worked on becomes a security risk over time.

16 hours ago, anxnox.9027 said:

When the time comes I'm moving to Linux (I was using FreeBSD/Unix long time ago, but will try KDE Neon)

Thanks for the answer.  In the past, Linux wasn't a good choice for the average end-user due to needing a higher level of technical knowledge.  I haven't followed Linux development in over a decade though so maybe that's changed.  I used to toy a lot with OpenBSD myself.

Edited by Chaba.5410

21 hours ago, misterman.1530 said:

The issue is you are complaining about an application that will not support WIn7 indefinitely. All of your problems can be laid squarely on the fact that you refuse to move forward. Windows 10 is superior to Win7. Unfortunately, I am stuck with Win11, but even so, it works. Win7 won't in the not too distant future.

You ask what you should do and complain about GW2...but the issue is your old OS. The fix is simple. Upgrade. In fact, you are nearly at the end of hardware that Win7 can support (for example, I don't think Win7 supports USB3, new GPUs, new CPUs, etc.). 

Also, things like Discord Livestream don't work in Windows 7, and more and more software won't support it.

I know people that buy a new PC and downgrade to Win 7 because they hate Win 10/11.

The thing is when GW2 was released it ran perfectly with win7. Now asking the customer to buy another OS is a dumb solution to a problem that they created.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Axelteas.7192 said:

I know people that buy a new PC and downgrade to Win 7 because they hate Win 10/11.

The thing is when GW2 was released it ran perfectly with win7. Now asking the customer to buy another OS is a dumb solution to a problem that they created.

It still doesn't matter. WIn7 is no longer supported by MS. It will eventually not be supported by any software, and a lot of new hardware will be incompatible with it. It might take a couple of years, but the writing is on the wall. 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, misterman.1530 said:

It still doesn't matter. WIn7 is no longer supported by MS. It will eventually not be supported by any software, and a lot of new hardware will be incompatible with it. It might take a couple of years, but the writing is on the wall. 

And I have to add, originally GW2 ran under Windows XP SP 3. Like I've been saying - Win7 will only be supported for so long. Time to move along. 

For reference, here's an old reddit post about a very similar issue (when someone suggested moving the min requirements to Win7 from WinXP). The whiny responses are hysterical and certainly didn't age well. 

Edited by misterman.1530
Missing close bracket