Bring back GS Throw please!

xXxOrcaxXx.9328

Please CMC, hear my prayer! I wish to throw my Greatsword into my enemies' faces again. To be clear, I absolutely do not want to lose the channeled block we have now, but I'd like to be able to use Crippling Throw again as long as Counterattack is active, but has not blocked anything yet.

Also, if you could make Stalker's Strike directional depending of your current directional key inputs, that'd be great.

K, thx, bai, luv yu cmc!

Edited by xXxOrcaxXx.9328
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, xXxOrcaxXx.9328 said:

Please CMC, hear my prayer! I wish to throw my Greatsword into my enemies' faces again. To be clear, I absolutely do not want to lose the channeled block we have now, but I'd like to be able to use Crippling Throw again as long as Counterattack is active, but has not blocked anything yet.

Also, if you could make Stalker's Strike directional depending of your current directional key inputs, that'd be great.

K, thx, bai, luv yu cmc!

Counter attack kind of works opposite to how greatsword functions. Not sure why they added that in with a knockback.. in many cases you push the enemy to safety outside of Maul range. I more or less use it as an extra evade rather than a deliberate CC.

I actually preferred the old style of greatsword, even in the absence of a second Maul. The only improvement they made was adding an evade to #3.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/15/2023 at 9:40 AM, GamerToad.9248 said:

well if you gonna hijack a warrior skill of gs then give me your gs block and we are even.

I take it you are new here...

Crippling Throw - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)

Block has always been a thing on Ranger GS, the only change 4 years ago was removing crippling throw and replacing it with selective use of counter-attack kick, instead of the kick just happening if something was blocked.

Due to feature creep, I agree the channeled block should stay, and really just either choose to end it by throwing the GS or if something is blocked use the kick (essentially what OP said).  

• Like 4

On 5/16/2023 at 6:36 PM, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

I take it you are new here...

Crippling Throw - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)

Block has always been a thing on Ranger GS, the only change 4 years ago was removing crippling throw and replacing it with selective use of counter-attack kick, instead of the kick just happening if something was blocked.

Due to feature creep, I agree the channeled block should stay, and really just either choose to end it by throwing the GS or if something is blocked use the kick (essentially what OP said).  

I meant that I want ur blocks. and you get the gs throw

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2023 at 7:30 PM, Beddo.1907 said:

no.

Yesss.

I meant that I want ur blocks. and you get the gs throw

I like my block very much, so no. I just want to also be able to throw my GS, like any reasonable person surely would.

Edited by xXxOrcaxXx.9328
  • Confused 1