Power Greatsword Mirage

SparklingMalibu.6328

This isn't optimal, but a lot of fun - GS + Axe/Focus, Dom/Duel/Mirage, Infinite Horizon, full zerker (or whatever you want to min max for power), sigil of stamina and energy on GS, cleansing and energy on Axe/Focus.

Permanent laser disco ambush fest, group with focus 4 into big shatters. Axe/Focus because it looks classy.

Don't use for open world bosses - better to swap to staff condi tbh. This is just casual many enemies in open world.

3 hours ago, SparklingMalibu.6328 said:

what makes the chrono gs better?

The trait Chronophantasm doubles up every phantasm cast, and when combined with continuum split it doubles them all again.  The Continuum Split burst with Greatsword will see your enemy assaulted by 16 phantasmal berserkers in the span of 8 seconds.

Now, if I were to make a GS mirage build, it would look something like this.  I don't have any references to go by, since power mirage is considered a meme build, but that's the best way I can think of to generate a lot of clones and spam evades.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

The trait Chronophantasm doubles up every phantasm cast, and when combined with continuum split it doubles them all again.  The Continuum Split burst with Greatsword will see your enemy assaulted by 16 phantasmal berserkers in the span of 8 seconds.

Now, if I were to make a GS mirage build, it would look something like this.  I don't have any references to go by, since power mirage is considered a meme build, but that's the best way I can think of to generate a lot of clones and spam evades.  

Thanks, yeah I am using something similar.

Shame we have to use a sword for fencers trait!

For PvE never go Power Mirage unless it's for fun. It's a trash king, but on any "boss" type enemy you're going to struggle a lot and even if you play perfectly, you'll be doing like 15k dps max. For real. The numbers are actually that bad.

Power Mirage is strictly for pvp, and well, Mirage has had one dodge for years now so don't play Mes in pvp unless it's Virtu, or you're really ace with Chrono. Otherwise you're gonna have a bad time.

Chrono GS, for the reasons stated above, is far and away the better option. Seeing the chrono phantasma onslaught is always cool to watch, and you will feel very satisfied when you're able to pull off the Continuum Split combos.

The only time Power Mirage is truly S-Tier in PvE is when you have double GS, run sigils of stamina/energy, and there are lots and lots of trash all stacked together. In those situations, the GS ambush light show is a beautiful display of lights and numbers.

For WvW that is Power Mirage's only niche as well, you can run double GS and just stick with the zerg, it's surprisingly effective imo!

• Like 1