Anet. Please. For the love of GOD.... fix the Flesh Wurm utility!

Strauss.1384

From a WvW perspective, this utility is an absolute disaster. It becomes completely unusable and there is no good alternative to it, none.

- I need to choose between mounting up or having my stunbreak go in 32s cooldown (pre-cast wurm dies).

- I get moa'd, I lose my stunbreak as a bonus (pre-cast wurm dies).

- Mid fight, pre-cast wurm dies to a random bear (and I cannot see it while in shroud).

- In keeps, especially SM and garrison wurm dies with no port due to LoS. This is fairly common in open field too.

- 1 sec 1/2 cast time is absolutely unjustified, you are forced to sync with shroud quickness and even then it is far to slow.

This utility ends up killing you so many times it becomes a liability where you have to pray it actually works. For reaper, this actually means shutting down the entire class in roaming - pre EoD you had a chance with double spectral stunbreaks but now, with the newly added specs with insane mobility, reaper is forced into this utility just to barely keep up. You need some form of mobility and there is no other choice.

Please look into this, I sincerely hope you would consider and address at least some of the issues.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

Your valid points are the reason why I am stating since PoF release, that only a speed rune reaper build is a viable roaming build.

Then replace wurm with spectral grasp and use it exclusively at close range as a reliable knockdown and life force generation skill.

I love these speed rune reaper vs. wurm reaper encounters, when my target leaves shroud, quickness casts wurm (and feels super smart doing this), teleports, immediately eats my spinal shivers, loses his swiftness and can't get rid of the chill cause he left shroud / weaponswapped 2 seconds before and done ... wurm negated and I close the gap in 2 seconds, thanks to speed rune and knock him down with grasp.

Wurm is mechanically so patheticly executed by ANet that I often feel sorry for reaper encounters that still use it in 2023.

Side Note: Wurm + speed rune combined makes no sense. Your speed rune travel distance during the wurm cast time is almost the same as the teleport distance. And while moving instead of casting wurm you can at least cast other skills or dodge.

Edited by KrHome.1920
  • Like 5

16 minutes ago, KrHome.1920 said:

I love these speed rune reaper vs. wurm reaper encounters

I totally understand what you mean, I wouldn't use wurm in specific 1v1s either, I usually opt for spectral armor/walk + grasp or ring depending on situation but this is not meant to address duels or certain 1v1 but concerns the general roam option where you fight small scale or outnumbered fights and you need a safe exit. 

6 minutes ago, captrowdy.9561 said:

I don’t understand why people use this. Spec armor,grasp,and what ever that skill is that turns you green so you can teleport back. Wurm is a waste of slot 

Yes, grasp or ring are the 3rd viable utilities but armor will not save you when you get focused down in fights, you need walk + a viable exit. 
I am sure most seasoned reapers understand the frustration in regards to this utility, especially when you try to RS2 (and you leap in place as it often happens) then you try to wurm port and the wurm dies with no port, you feel like screaming into the void.

The teleport should be the main function of the skill and minion is the byproduct. This is how all minion abilities should work. 

Teleport to target location -> summon wurm where you land

Haunt to target opponent -> summon shadow fiend on successful hit

Charge and knockdown an opponent -> summon a flesh golem

This would make minion utilities actually useful rather than afk farming tools. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/15/2023 at 4:14 AM, HowlKamui.5120 said:

Agreed 100%.

It works for sPVP but in WvW, it's a dead skill.

Don't forget about the pathing issue. Sometimes it doesn't port you while going full cd and that also on spots which are usually not "no port"_spots. In general the no valid path/ no line of sight bugging becomes more and more ridiculous (including projectile bugs). More and more bugging also on flat ground. Need fix asap.

• Like 4