Superior Battle Maul QoL

Xenesis.6389

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Battle_Maul

Pounce on foes, dealing increased damage to foes who are in a downed state.

Damage: 1,635 (2.0)?
 Damage Increase vs. Downed Foes: 20%
 Number of Targets: 1
 Radius: 360
 Dismounts

Warclaw #1 ability.

Add the effect: If this skill does the final blow on a downed opponent it will auto activate your Finisher on them. (Like the daredevil elite skill Finishing Blow does.)

If you want to sell more Finishers anet, we need to see more Finishers done in the battlefield, especially in zerg fights.

In fact it might be fun to have a new week event where whenever someone dies in downed state due to damage they get auto Finished.

This has been your yearly useless WvW QoL suggestion, now back to your regularly scheduled arguments.

🤔🍿

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Veeber.3192 said:

They won't since they removed the finish downed part of it.

They took out the instant kill and now does set damage with bonus damage to downed instead, which can still be a finishing blow. My suggestion is to add the finisher whenever the skill is the finishing blow on a downed person.

P.S I know they won't do anything anyways, just something to throw up to discuss along with the week event idea. 🤷‍♂️🍿

Edited by Xenesis.6389
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

They took out the instant kill and now does set damage with bonus damage to downed instead, which can still be a finishing blow. My suggestion is to add the finisher whenever the skill is the finishing blow on a downed person.

P.S I know they won't do anything anyways, just something to throw up to discuss along with the week event idea. 🤷‍♂️🍿

I get you now, my bad!

Its funny since I keep waiting on Amazon to steal the finisher idea, they have done a good job of taking all the various other games concepts and adding them in like a check list. Its just a matter of time for finishers.

That said still employ as can when fighting since it adds that extra flair. Still could see more tactical use of them. Give finishers more gameplay impact. Example if a player is dispatched with a finisher they are sent to respawn immediately, no chance of a rez. Adds in more value when having to make the choice of cleaving them down or finishing them and adds pressure to an ally of getting them up from downed if that means they have to run back.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Its funny since I keep waiting on Amazon to steal the finisher idea, they have done a good job of taking all the various other games concepts and adding them in like a check list. Its just a matter of time for finishers.

That said still employ as can when fighting since it adds that extra flair. Still could see more tactical use of them. Give finishers more gameplay impact. Example if a player is dispatched with a finisher they are sent to respawn immediately, no chance of a rez. Adds in more value when having to make the choice of cleaving them down or finishing them and adds pressure to an ally of getting them up from downed if that means they have to run back.

I'm down with that, I usually respawn anyways since I don't run in squad and don't expect a res, and don't die all that often to begin with... 🤷‍♂️

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

I'm down with that, I usually respawn anyways since I don't run in squad and don't expect a res, and don't die all that often to begin with... 🤷‍♂️

We can work with that and you can hand this old charr a hand up, them kids always throwing banana peels under us.