Will Scourge Ever Be Fixed?

Zex Anthon.8673

55 minutes ago, Zex Anthon.8673 said:

Scourge was oppressive because it had Firebrand to carry it.

Going to stop you right there. If we REALLY want to know the reason, we can find in the patch notes. No reason for you to invent things to make some argument. 

The fact is that Anet is going to change the game if they see things working outside of what they are comfortable with. Obviously that included how Scourge worked, with or without FB supporting it. But more relevant to the thread . What ever reason you want to believe for why Anet changed it doesn't change the truth of what I'm saying either. 

55 minutes ago, Zex Anthon.8673 said:

What you seem to ignore is all specs should be viable according to Anet's own balance philosophy. 

Scourge is viable though ... just not for you in how you want to play it in that game mode. Anet can't modify the game so that every spec is 'viable' in every game mode for every level of player capability in every way they want to play it. That's just ridiculous and unreasonable. I mean, that's not even their design philosophy in the first place, because anyone that thinks this is possible has no clue what they are talking about.  IIRC, Anet said the opposite ... that not everything is going to be a good choice everywhere. 

You need to refresh your understanding of Anet's design philosophy BADLY, especially about Holes in Roles. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Confused 5

24 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Scourge is viable though ... just not for you in how you want to play it in that game mode. Anet can't modify the game so that every spec is 'viable' in every game mode for every level of player capability in every way they want to play it. That's just ridiculous and unreasonable. I mean, that's not even their design philosophy in the first place, because anyone that thinks this is possible has no clue what they are talking about.  IIRC, Anet said the opposite ... that not everything is going to be a good choice everywhere. 

Where is Scourge viable? In Bronze league? That's not saying much, because everything is viable when players are unskilled.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Zex Anthon.8673 said:

Where is Scourge viable? In Bronze league? That's not saying much, because everything is viable when players are unskilled.

Well, based on the thread, sounds like not when you play it. Maybe for some other people it is. 

That has nothing to do with the fact that you are trying to argue Scourge needs a fix because of 'design philosophy'  when that contradicts Anet using that same design philosophy to determine it needed a nerf a year ago. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Confused 4

Just now, Obtena.7952 said:

Well, clearly not when you play it ... maybe other people. Again, where does it say Scourge has to be viable in Bronze league? 

That has nothing to do with the fact that you are trying to argue Scourge needs a fix because of 'design philosophy'  when that contradicts Anet using that same design philosophy to determine it needed a nerf a year ago. 

Do you even play PvP? When was the last time you saw a scourge in ranked? If you go onto Metabattle scourge has no viable builds. It's not even considered "good" tier.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Zex Anthon.8673 said:

Do you even play PvP? When was the last time you saw a scourge in ranked? If you go onto Metabattle scourge has no viable builds. It's not even considered "good" tier.

Whether I did or not ... doesn't change the fact that Scourge not being viable for some people in some specific game mode is a problem. Again, if you are going to quote Anet design philosophy in this situation ... at least read it and try to understand it. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Confused 4

15 minutes ago, Zex Anthon.8673 said:

I'm starting to think you don't even play the game. 

Paying attention and understanding what Anet says about class balance is not a function of hours played in GW2. Here is one of my favourites from the Design Philosophy:

If one profession does everything and has no holes, there's no reason for players to play anything else

Yet somehow, you think making choices is 'toxic'. No, it's actually intended. You would have seen it if you actually read the philosophy instead of inventing what you think it should say. But ... here is your opportunity to show me in the design philosophy what makes you conclude that everything should be viable and I can assure you, we WILL have a discussion about that. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Confused 4