when does the greed stop?

Please people, gems and gold in the game are controlled by ANet, just like RNG luck can be changed accordingly. The gems and gold are infinite, that is the system will never ran out of gold or gems, this is game stuff we are talking about not real life gold and gems, what supply and demand?! Goodness me 🤦‍♀️

Edited by Min Min.9368
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Min Min.9368 said:

And there are people who actually believe this BS? 🤣

Please people, gems and gold in the game are controlled by ANet, just like RNG luck can be manipulated and changed accordingly. The gems and gold are infinite, that is the system will never ran out of gold or gems, oh goodness me 🤦‍♀️

bit confused, your comments back up the comments above that you call BS?! I.e Anet have created algorithms to auto adjust via pricing.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, costepj.5120 said:

The natural extension of your argument is that by working extra hours, you can afford to employ someone to play GW2 for you, saving you the hassle. Maybe you can work weekends too and pay someone to play other games for you?

Well I already pay people to make my food, service my car, make my clothes, and deliver me water, so what's one more thing on the list right?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4

2 hours ago, Min Min.9368 said:

And there are people who actually believe this BS? 

Yes, I do. Anet is not alway telling us everything, but if devs are telling us details (on reddit), they do not lie (my experience).

Please people, gems and gold in the game are controlled by ANet, just like RNG luck can be manipulated and changed accordingly.

of course, they can. And they still can even with such a pool. 

The gems and gold are infinite, that is the system will never ran out of gold or gems, this is game stuff we are talking about not real life gold and gems, what supply and demand?

For someone who apparently hasn't read what it's about, you know a lot. 😉 

Gems and gold are not infinite in the game. They are stored in variables ingame and those have a maximum value.

And it's not about the amount of gem or gold in the game.

There are two numbers for the gem and gold pool in the gem/gold-exchange (we can call them "total number of gems in gem-gold-exchange pool" and "total number of gold in gem-gold-exchange pool"). Both set the price of the gem/gold exchange and a dev confirmed that the price changes geometrically as one pool empties (lower total number) creating a better exchange rate for the low supplied currency.

I recently raised the question here as to whether such a pool really exists, and it is now confirmed that it does exist.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1