Unique rifle sounds overriden by Deadeye

This is an issue that has bugged me for a while, but the release of the Ebonhawke Crossbow Rifle reminded me of it again. For rifle skins that change the firing sound, I wish the Deadeye weapon skills didn't override them with their own sound. When I first found Ironsight, with the ker-chunk sound it makes when firing(which I assume the Ebonhawke Crossbow also makes, but I haven't managed to get it yet so I don't know for sure), I made a new Deadeye to be crossbow-focused and was disappointed to discover the sound was lost for him. He sticks mostly to dual pistols now, which are Ebonhawke Crossbow Pistol skins.

There are other rifles, like the Leyline, Super and Repeating rifles, that I know also have unique firing sounds, as well as potentially others I don't know about. Bums me out that the sniper class, the one most specialized upon rifles, doesn't get to enjoy them.

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, ElforTheLandStander.7052 said:

For rifle skins that change the firing sound, I wish the Deadeye weapon skills didn't override them with their own sound.

But for this one: it doesn't.

You're right about the "Ironsight" skin and I'm rather disappointed with the constant lack of competence the design team generally displayes in that regard. E.g. this year's "Retro-Forged Rifle" skin is lacking matching projectile animations / is using the sound effects of the old SAB weapons even though last years "Retro-Forged Shortbow" skin introduced both matching projectile animations for ranged weapons + new sound effects to go along with it and with the sole exeption of the base Aurene variant the second projectile of the engi rifle AA is also still lacking a legendary animation. 

• Thanks 2

Deadeye rifle sound is on par with that unicorn **** at the level of annoyance but there were many threads about changing it yet nowhere the change.

I wonder on what the Anet team is working because GW2 is obviously left behind on many fronts,probable GW 3 or something.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Gerebos.1065 said:

Deadeye rifle sound is on par with that unicorn **** at the level of annoyance but there were many threads about changing it yet nowhere the change.

I wonder on what the Anet team is working because GW2 is obviously left behind on many fronts,probable GW 3 or something.

Something was pointed out to me recently

In the sound options try changing this option.

• Other Players' Unique Item Sounds
    • Drop-down options include "All", "Limited", "Mute Projectiles Only", and "Off".
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Tails.9372 said:

But for this one: it doesn't.

You're right about the "Ironsight" skin and I'm rather disappointed with the constant lack of competence the design team generally displayes in that regard. E.g. this year's "Retro-Forged Rifle" skin is lacking matching projectile animations / is using the sound effects of the old SAB weapons even though last years "Retro-Forged Shortbow" skin introduced both matching projectile animations for ranged weapons + new sound effects to go along with it and with the sole exeption of the base Aurene variant the second projectile of the engi rifle AA is also still lacking a legendary animation. 

Oh hell yeah, now I need it even more. I'd PREFER internal consistency where all weapons either do or don't, but in this case I'll take inconsistency that benefits me.