That Ravenous Wanderer [Entrapment story]

TheQuickFox.3826

I was wondering as well why nobody seems to be upset about this.

I mean, a BIT of repetition is to be expected from an MMO, but kitten, around 24 times (if you count all three isles) defeating the same boss over and over again? And to add insult to injury, afterwards that tedious turtle torture, where you do nothing but run around with turtles and collecting orbs to fill a veeeeeeeeeryyyyy slooowlyyyyy filling bar 3 or 4 times in a row?

I mean, stuff like Silverwastes back in LS2 also had it's fair repetition of the colored forts, but at least there were fights to enjoy, and if that got boring you could switch to another fort on the fly and maybe protect a pack bull on the way or do other events that would pop up here and there. And the phase transitions Forts -> Breach -> Vinewrath felt a lot more organic and varied than this boring slog.

Also the music track just cuts the wound even deeper, remember the glorious music HoT had? The awesome phase transitions while fighting Octovine? Or for a more recent example, the Soo-Won fight in the Meta?

All we get for the final boss here now is one trumpet that cycles through the same 3 notes every 5 seconds and a little drum track, almost like it's the 5 minutes before the Chak Gerent spawns......

48 minutes ago, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

So I worked my kitten off 10 minutes to kill this demon using my fighting skills alone and it just respawns? How kitten game design is that?

• Game specifically tells you it can't be defeated normally
  • try to defeat it normally
  • WHY DOES THIS WORK!!!!

Hmmmm.... mystery.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:
  • Game specifically tells you it can't be defeated normally
  • try to defeat it normally
  • WHY DOES THIS WORK!!!!

Hmmmm.... mystery.

If it cannot be defeated with normal skills it should just have been invulnerable. Now the game gives the impression there is a challenge to defeat the monster instead of just running away.

In the past there were story achievements for defeating monsters that were designed to be left behind like in the Tower of Nightmares story. This was just a disappointing experience because it seems that you can defeat the monster with normal skills and when you are finally there it just respawns like nothing happened.

Edited by TheQuickFox.3826
  • Thanks 2