Is the new story content availability tied to successful meta completion?

I'm not doing Gyala delve because i'm stuck on one story step since the first one came out. I did the meta once i think, but i can't do the story, and i'm locked out of the new story now.

Do i need to successfully complete the meta before i can continue or is this a bug?

Whenever i'm on any other map, i get the green swirl thing on Gyala delve, showing me exactly where to go. But when i get to Gyala delve map, the swril is gone and i can't continue.

Does the map need to first do the meta or what? For other story steps, i didn't need the meta completed, or that part of the map "freed" or whatever, i could do the story separate from what the map did.

The story step is "An Air of Mystery" from What Lies Beneath.

What gives?

Also, no spoilers please.

17 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

No you don't need to do the meta to complete the story.

That step was bugged. It got fixed a while ago but yours may not have updated. Try switching to a different story then switching back to What Lies Beneath and it should update or reset.

I did just now and it reset all the progress... Oh well... At least that step won't maybe be bugged.

Edited by Veprovina.4876

1 hour ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Ok, i was able to re-do the story part, and go past it. I had to start another chapter to reset the Gyala delve story. Then do it again.

Just quitting and continuing the story part i was stuck on wasn't enough.

There is no good solution to the issue, so we have do it this way.

Until Arenanet finally gets around to fixing the bug, it's either keep the story bugged or restart the chapter from almost zero.

It's a bit sad, but this is the best way to solve the bug for now.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1

Just now, Fueki.4753 said:

There is no good solution to the issue, so we have do it this way.

Until Arenanet finally gets around to fixing the book, it's either keep it bugged or restart the chapter from almost zero.

It's a bit sad, but this is the best way to solve the bug for now.

Well, it's not like it was a long episode, so no harm done i guess. 😛

55 minutes ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

Well, it's not like it was a long episode, so no harm done i guess. 😛

It may not be long, but it can be tedious. The first instance in Gyala Delve is just boring and tired me out on repeat plays.

And then there's part of the story (including the bugged part), which is locked behind a big chunk of the needlessly long and boring slog of a meta, which indirectly adds to the length of the story.

Edited by Fueki.4753

6 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

And then there's part of the story (including the bugged part), which is locked behind a big chunk of the needlessly long and boring slog of a meta, which indirectly adds to the length of the story.

So there is something locked behind the meta?

Cause i did the story parts up to and including that sleuth part where you listen to audio logs. I don't know if i'm relieved i didn't have to look for them or disappointed, it was kinda funny seeing 10 people standing motionless around the device lol...

Anyway, now i need to go to Kaineng to idk what, i forgot, but up until this part, the meta wasn't completed, and i did the ravenous wanderer normally...

8 hours ago, Veprovina.4876 said:

So there is something locked behind the meta?

Cause i did the story parts up to and including that sleuth part where you listen to audio logs.

A few of the story steps are within the area that's only accessible via the meta (at least I think it's only accessible then).

The steps that involve analysing the Haze samples or throwing jade blocks into Haze pockets are in the meta area. And the entry point for the instance when we first encounter the Ravenous Wanderer is there as well.

2 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

A few of the story steps are within the area that's only accessible via the meta (at least I think it's only accessible then).

The steps that involve analysing the Haze samples or throwing jade blocks into Haze pockets are in the meta area. And the entry point for the instance when we first encounter the Ravenous Wanderer is there as well.

Oh that. No, you can access them whenever. It's just going to be full of haze and swarms of enemies. There's always one clear path where you don't need turtles. I did all of those story steps when no one was doing the meta. 🙂

• Haha 1