Rare Minis in Gem Store or trading Post

I wish that Rare Minis became purchasable on Trading Post or Gem Store such as Mini Phoenix and Mini Griffon Mount. If you want people to find it fun to do the Time Trials then you should make the Trials (Bronze, Silver, Gold) a little easier or the Rarity of getting the Minis a little easier and not only on the Gold Rarities.

One goos thing with the Rarity is that one must work hard to get the Minis but doing the Trials thousands of times is not very fun. Especially if one does not like doing these Trials in the first place but kind of getting forced to in order to get the Minis.

So the idea of getting the Minis on Rare Gold Trials is good and bad. What do you all think? I am curious. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

Personally I think all minis should be tradable (except maybe the gem store ones) so anyone who wants them can get them and people who don't care about them can get some gold instead. As far as I know it's not possible to get the mini griffon and at least some other account bound dropped ones more than once, so if they were tradable that would need to be changed, but I assume that's possible.

In the meantime I recommend practicing with the griffon to make sure you can do the dive - flap - dive thing for the maximum speed boost easily (you might need to rebind the controls) and then picking a few courses you can do relatively easily and repeating those rather than trying to do all of them. It means fewer chances to get the mini per day, but less time wasted overall.

I did the two Highlands courses and the Crystal Oasis Master course (which oddly I found easier than the Expert one). I managed to get gold on some of the others but I generally found after 3 races I was getting bored with it and wanted to do something else so I stuck with those 3. If I remember correctly it took me about 10 days to get the mini, so roughly 30-40 attempts - including the courses I tried, got gold on but didn't repeat.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am glad of your opinions. Do  you remember the Mini Roller Beetle? What do you think if the Rare Minis also were like the Beetle. That you can buy the Minis from Race Prizes Vendors and were you buy them for Racing Medallions. This way you can do Races or Time Trials to get Race Medallions currency.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mini_Roller_Beetle

Edited by Natta.8905
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Natta.8905 said:

I am glad of your opinions. Do  you remember the Mini Roller Beetle? What do you think if the Rare Minis also were like the Beetle. That you can buy the Mini from Race Prizes Vendors and were you buy them for Racing Medallions. This way you can do Races or Time Trials to get Race Medallions currency.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mini_Roller_Beetle

This would be a better solution.  I like having the vendor for items with the beetle races.  

• Like 1

Let us hope that Anet does this change for all Rare Minis (Griffon Mount and Phoenix and future ones) so everyone can enjoy the Minis too.🙂

As for the Minis from GW1, that some may not have, I think it would be nice if they got to Gem Store or Trading Post or even The Race Medallions Vendors. But who knows...?

• Like 1

If this game is for everyone then should not everyone get to enjoy the Minis from GW1? Especially us who do not have GW1 and probably will not buy it since there is an upgrade of it into GW2. I am just curious since many of us likes Minis.

• Confused 3

1 hour ago, Natta.8905 said:

If this game is for everyone then should not everyone get to enjoy the Minis from GW1? Especially us who do not have GW1 and probably will not buy it since there is an upgrade of it into GW2. I am just curious since many of us likes Minis.

No since those minis are in a different game and awarded if you got both.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

No since those minis are in a different game and awarded if you got both.

Also titles.  Why should I get those or minis if I didn't play GW1.  I sometimes see a mini and look at the wiki, and it's a bummer it's not something I can get without GW1, but it's nice for those did/do play it.  

• Like 1