Dismounting MERGES you?

Gotejjeken.1267

I have never noticed this until this evening in WvW.  

Have pet unmerged, mount, dismount--pet is merged with me and if unmerge it will go on CD.  That ruins a LOT of openings.  

Has this been like this a long time? I mainly play Druid so didn't notice it until I started roaming on soulbeast more.  Seems like a bug to me, definitely screwing with my flow.  

10 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Have pet unmerged, mount, dismount--pet is merged with me and if unmerge it will go on CD.  That ruins a LOT of openings.  

Has this been like this a long time? I mainly play Druid so didn't notice it until I started roaming on soulbeast more.  Seems like a bug to me, definitely screwing with my flow.  

Normally i don't have this issue (and i play mostly slb) but once when i tried out a different build it suddenly started to happen almost every single time - and then it stopped again like a hour later without me changing anything that i'm aware of. Hasn't happened again since then. No clue what's causing the issue, but it's definitely an annoying bug when it happens.

Edited by Zyreva.1078

18 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

They reintroduced this bug when attempting to fix Soulbeasts unmerging when using ziplines. Now a whole lot of different modes of travel will automatically merge you whether you want that or not.

1 hour ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

And once they fix F2's so you don't have to spam the crap out of them if you try to use them manually.  

This problem can be worked arround by calling your pet back before every command. Still very annoying and unfortunately not even the only pet issue introduced last year. Pets are worse than ever and there hasn't been a single acknowledgement from the devs, so we are likely stuck with a broken class mechanic forever. Better get used to it.

Another related bug was introduced at the same time; if you're merged when you use 'bounce' transports of any kind (bounce mushrooms, launchpads, etc) soulbeast pets swap uncontrollably mid-flight, and you can wind up on the other one when you land. It depends on how long the travel is tho, since longer flights seem to make it more likely you'll swap pets. I think these bugs may be connected, since I notice the dismount merging seems to happen continuously after that.

On one hand I could see this bug being used to skip multiple cooldowns (since this swap happens even if you don't have the swap when merged trait active) but the lack of control means I keep getting stuck with the wrong pet if I try to use a launchpad at Tequatl or Dragonstorm... Fortunately there's always so many people at those that it doesn't make a huge difference. I've just stopped using the pads on my condibeast now since it winds up being more of a nuisance than anything.

• Like 1