Please fix participation...

Why do I only get silver participation at most when I take a tower with three other people? Ever since the change, us roamers have been getting sabotaged, more so than usual. Between this and the boon ball buffs it really feels like Anet is pulling a Squeenix by saying: "How dare you put in time to be good at this game!? We're nerfing you!" or at least lowering the skill ceiling so it's pancaked against the floor so we have no choice but to fight in a zerg to maximize participation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, TheJmandude.1548 said:

Why do I only get silver participation at most when I take a tower with three other people? Ever since the change, us roamers have been getting sabotaged, more so than usual. Between this and the boon ball buffs it really feels like Anet is pulling a Squeenix by saying: "How dare you put in time to be good at this game!? We're nerfing you!" or at least lowering the skill ceiling so it's pancaked against the floor so we have no choice but to fight in a zerg to maximize participation.

Roamer/havoc as well when I reply. They have not added logic for efficiency, and not sure they will. So the longer answer is you need opposition to go higher. The positive is that a zerg taking an empty structure likewise will be rewarded less. The downside is a roamer or a smaller havoc also will get the same treatment. The other downside is it also discourages smaller sides from trying to defend since it would bolster the larger sides' rewards making defending even more questionable. On top of that we haven't seen the other missing rollout of failed offensive event that is pending. So we are left with unknown number of what-ifs in the balance of attacking and defending. So mileage will vary till we all get more details and updates. In any case, good hunting to you and yours!

• Like 2

I second this. If they wanted to promote defending, why do they try to do it by nerfing the attacker's rewards ?

It's mind blowing, just give some incentives to the defensers, and that is, job done.

Here it totally removes the logic behind "map reading and strategy to capture an undefended tower".

Now you gotta ram the gate open with big fat swords using your big fat zerg so you can eventually attract defenders to get the full rewards.

10/10 move, Anet. People complain when you don't do WvW updates, but I actually prefer when you don't touch this gamemode.

• Like 1