WHY CAN I NOT HIT ELE WITH PROJECTILES? WHY IS THIS A THING?

Eddie.9143

Finally the other issue with gun flame firing into mele... is even if you do notice them... you can't really tell who they are firing at.  Or am I missing something?   At least with multi shot bursts you can dodge some of the follow on ones... but that thing is a strait instant 14k

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, JormagSorbet.8079 said:

Never change Shion, I always get a chuckle from your constant framing of Gunzerker as some unstoppable force of nature. If only it were so.

Oh you can deal with them if you have a competent team... in one group we got slaughtered by those 5 gun flames... the second match we beat them solidly (had some tanks, some CC range and some burst).   The issue is it's a noob farming build and a generally unhealthy mechanic that's going to screw up mid level play.  Since I'm seldom in ranked matches with a solid plat team anymore.. it's much more effective now-a-days.   Do you understand?

1 shot 14k unblockables long ranged attacks that can be fired successively is just a poor idea.  Not sure how else to explain that.

Edited by shion.2084
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Eddie.9143 said:

we dookied on that team easy peasy lmao

yeah one rando team I had got slaughtered, the other we did convincingly well.  The fact that it was somewhat viable was interesting.   I really want them to arrange 5v5 competitions where you all have to take the same spec.   I'm wondering if scrapper would have a chance... maybe like 5 sets of crate?

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, shion.2084 said:

yeah one rando team I had got slaughtered, the other we did convincingly well.  The fact that it was somewhat viable was interesting.   I really want them to arrange 5v5 competitions where you all have to take the same spec.   I'm wondering if scrapper would have a chance... maybe like 5 sets of crate?

I feel like 5 tempests would win every time with the auras and stability and projectile denial, I'd love to watch these play out for fun tho. Anet never does anything exciting or new for us 

On 6/23/2023 at 2:41 AM, Exzen.2976 said:

Can we be sensible here? Is core ele or Weaver busted in sPvP? No? Is it just cata and tempest? Yes.

Do they both have mechanics that allow them to spam auras? Could that potentially be the problem? 

Address the stuff that's causing the issues, there's no need to touch stuff that will further hurt core ele and Weaver (like rock barrier, swirling winds etc). 

Hmm I'm sure the other classes would like to have a free 250 toughness on their weapon skill so they can run full berserker without worrying about building any toughness.

You think people forgot that sword weaver can sidenode 3v1 or FA weaver can delete people in <2s? The reason weaver doesn't see play right now is it is overshadowed by catalyst. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Zex Anthon.8673 said:

Hmm I'm sure the other classes would like to have a free 250 toughness on their weapon skill so they can run full berserker without worrying about building any toughness.

You think people forgot that sword weaver can sidenode 3v1 or FA weaver can delete people in <2s? The reason weaver doesn't see play right now is it is overshadowed by catalyst. 

If you really could 3v1 people on sidenodes, you would duoQ with 100% winrate. Because you could just tank 6 people with just 2 Weavers. Logic.

Edited by Morwath.9817
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Zex Anthon.8673 said:

Lol, that's kinda my point. Cata and tempest are currently more op than Weaver and core. So the sensible suggestions would be to nerf skills that affect them specifically. FA Weaver can delete people, sure, but you telling me it's a top tier sPvP spec? Can sword Weaver actually 1v3 competent players? No. Is core a good sPvP spec? No. Is rock barrier very good? Sure - but that is not the correct fix for the issue raised by op. Lets also not forget that ele has the lowest armor and health pool in the game, so 250 toughness doesn't exactly make FA Weaver hard to kill xD

Either way, very few sensible people on the forum. I don't know why I bother.

• Confused 2