Randomly gaining 30 sec of quickness in wvw?

Hotride.2187

I'm running the usual defense dagger/gs spb build in wvw (def 3-2-2, disci 2-2-3, spb 3-2-3, brawler runes, full zerk, hydro/energy on gs, absorption/battle on dagger/shield).

I'm randomly getting 30 sec of quickness when fighting camp guards (alone). I'm not seeing any quickness to steal with sigil of absorption, I'm also not interrupting anything when gaining it (I think). My build has no quickness sources at all.

Any idea what this is?

Edited by Hotride.2187

5 hours ago, Dorsai.1458 said:

I will not be able to go back to spb after they fix this lol.  Been having so much fun with perma quick

I have to say, aside from the autos I'm not seeing much difference to how it normally plays. Some animations are faster and so are easier to connect, but the broken dagger burst kinda offsets most of the gains. And you kinda have to be able to connect your abilities even without quickness... so kinda so so from my POV. I didn't realize not even perma quickness does much for spb dmg in competitive.

Also apparently in conquest you gain the quickness too.

Edited by Hotride.2187

1 hour ago, Hotride.2187 said:

I have to say, aside from the autos I'm not seeing much difference to how it normally plays. Some animations are faster and so are easier to connect, but the broken dagger burst kinda offsets most of the gains. And you kinda have to be able to connect your abilities even without quickness... so kinda so so from my POV. I didn't realize not even perma quickness does much for spb dmg in competitive.

Also apparently in conquest you gain the quickness too.

I didn't take the busted spb into pvp.  I was messing in open world with Axe-Axe / Greatsword.  I was more Tasmanian devil than the zerker I was with 😁