Break Enchantment Feels So Bad in WvW

PantsIsHere.4301

Winds nerf again? fine.

Break enchantments now stripping one boon from five target feels pretty gutted. A good way to make it less viable in WvW, old BE was one of the reasons why spellbreaker was okay to have in a squad if there was 2 or 3. Just a bad strip skill now. Old break enchantments please. 😄

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I wonder if you removed the damage and had it rip 5 boons if it would be good? It’s not like we’re out here turning boons to conditions, or giving them to ourselves, or dealing fat damage, or steal thing, or invulning, or dodging, or stunning, or debugging opponents. Just returning them to their default state…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Not the nerfed version in WvW either. No new boons for 5s.

Ah I forgot they did that.. either way I don’t think they’ll do it Lan, but what about meeting them halfway, buff the boon reduction percentage to -50%, make it last for 6 seconds in WvW, and 3 seconds in PvP with the unnerfed -100% version.

• Like 1

When I saw the change I laughed. "I counter your magics" has not sounded more laughable and we've had some pretty bad times for spb.

Whoever is pushing for the boons and removing all options to punish boon spam and over-reliance on boons, IMO you are ruining the game. Permaboons ruin the combat, not being able to boonrip enough removes counterplay.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, ProverbsofHell.2307 said:

Ah I forgot they did that.. either way I don’t think they’ll do it Lan, but what about meeting them halfway, buff the boon reduction percentage to -50%, make it last for 6 seconds in WvW, and 3 seconds in PvP with the unnerfed -100% version.

No, the change to disenchantment was unwarranted to begin with. That is like saying burn gets to do regular damage in PvP and PvE but only does 33% of that damage in WvW.

• Like 2