The July 18th suggested changes

Ravenwulfe.5360

Not much going for revenants again though a sort of mixed bag of buffing and nerfing at the same time for the Herald. The impression I am getting out of these changes is they are looking to make the herald the new scrapper.

My only issue with these upcoming changes it just seems to focus mostly on power builds, and forsakes healing or condition based heralds. Honestly not a fan of being pigeon holed like that at all. It was a problem scrappers had as well.

Basically ANet, take into account that power is not the only builds out there. Some of us like to actually have more options than that, and I would still very much like to be able to apply aegis in some way too. I mean we are running around with Glint who is a defender of the mortal races. Suggesting the trait Hardening Persistence gains an additional bonus of  when Chaotic Release is used it applies aegis to up to 5 allies within a radius of 600.

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Ravenwulfe.5360 said:

Suggesting the trait Hardening Persistence gains an additional bonus of  when Chaotic Release is used it applies aegis to up to 5 allies within a radius of 600.

Or maybe put it on Envoy of Exuberance if you have the trait, while Crystal Hibernation gets some other effect that makes it more supportive (pulsing barrier to allies, maybe?)

4 hours ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

Or maybe put it on Envoy of Exuberance if you have the trait, while Crystal Hibernation gets some other effect that makes it more supportive (pulsing barrier to allies, maybe?)

Can do that, try and make the shield more useful in general since honestly I think most heralds avoid it since it is rather underwhelming. One thing that Glint's Shield neds, IMO, is a defiance break power in it. Notice that most other shield users have some form of defiance break in the shield effect some where which would be quite useful.

I still think that it should be part of a trainline at least.

Edited by Ravenwulfe.5360
  • Thanks 1

Oh, another thing to bring up, some QOL updates to the tooltips of the powers of revenant like adding in the defiance break power on many of the undocumented powers that have defiance break in them. For instance ax 5 Temporal Rift has some Defiance Break but it is not listed, as well as Joris Forced Engagement causes Defiance Break but it's not mentioned either.

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, Ravenwulfe.5360 said:

Can do that, try and make the shield more useful in general since honestly I think most heralds avoid it since it is rather underwhelming. One thing that Glint's Shield neds, IMO, is a defiance break power in it. Notice that most other shield users have some form of defiance break in the shield effect some where which would be quite useful.

I still think that it should be part of a trainline at least.

Hrrrmn. Could make Hibernation a pushback, similar to Shield of Absorption.