Another request to make 24 and 28 slot bags account bound and not soulbound

Please Anet, been harping on this since PoF launched. PLEASE make the 24 and 28 slot bags account bound even after use. I have an entire back tab full of these bags because they are bound to characters that can not upgrade them. You put a vendor in PoF to exchange the 32 slots, please do the same for the others.

• Like 5

If you don't like how the 24/28 slot bags work and cant  level up crafting on those characters just delete them. It's really that simple.

I think you like that advice as much as the people you gave it to in the other thread.

Edit

Also they kinda added these

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sturdy_Boreal_Duffel

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hardened_Boreal_Barrel

And then promptly dident give a crap about the other bags after that so in their mind I guess it is not a problem anymore.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, SquirrelTeamSix.6073 said:

Asking for a QoL update related to one item is very different than complaining about the game as a whole and prophesying it's doom as you play it

Still they do it because they care, if they dident they would just leave without a word.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, SquirrelTeamSix.6073 said:

Please Anet, been harping on this since PoF launched. PLEASE make the 24 and 28 slot bags account bound even after use. I have an entire back tab full of these bags because they are bound to characters that can not upgrade them. You put a vendor in PoF to exchange the 32 slots, please do the same for the others.

What do you mean "cannot upgrade them"?

You cannot upgrade 24 bags after binding to character?

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

If you don't like how the 24/28 slot bags work and cant  level up crafting on those characters just delete them. It's really that simple.

I think you like that advice as much as the people you gave it to in the other thread.

Edit

Also they kinda added these

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sturdy_Boreal_Duffel

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hardened_Boreal_Barrel

And then promptly dident give a crap about the other bags after that so in their mind I guess it is not a problem anymore.

I went with others yesterday

The "items does not move when sorting bags" is a deal breaker for me

• Sad 1

They should consider allowing to use bound stuff from the bank - when crafting on another char. Afaik the problem is that people spread their crafting professions to different chars (to not have to always switch them on one char) ... making the 24 slot bag with one char ... moving it to another char that wants to use it. Then it gets bound there. And the crafter char can not upgrade it anymore.

Putting it in bank with still keeping the restriction that the other chars can not take it out of the bank directly ... but allowing to use it for crafting - might work.

46 minutes ago, jokke.6239 said:

What do you mean "cannot upgrade them"?

You cannot upgrade 24 bags after binding to character?

You can, but soulbound items can only be used by the character they are soulbound to and that includes crafting.

That means if you soulbind a 24/28 bag to a character, ONLY that character can upgrade them. If they don't have the crafting disclipline levelled that means you either have to invest extra so that character learns the crafting discipline - which seems redundant, you already have it levelled on the one you originally crafted it with! Or you never upgrade them again.

In my case, my ele is my tailor and I crafted some 24 bags for my ranger because I used to like the bags that take crafting materials first which are tailor exclusive. After soulbinding the bags to my ranger who is my Huntswoman/Artificer, my ele can no longer upgrade the bags, only my ranger can, meaning I would have to dump 16g extra just to get tailor to 400 on my ranger to upgrade those bags further. And I can obviously not give them to another character even if I wanted to.

Edited by Endaris.1452
added an example
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2023 at 2:26 AM, Luthan.5236 said:

They should consider allowing to use bound stuff from the bank - when crafting on another char. Afaik the problem is that people spread their crafting professions to different chars (to not have to always switch them on one char) ... making the 24 slot bag with one char ... moving it to another char that wants to use it. Then it gets bound there. And the crafter char can not upgrade it anymore.

Putting it in bank with still keeping the restriction that the other chars can not take it out of the bank directly ... but allowing to use it for crafting - might work.

That would be an excellent workaround. 

• Confused 1