PC Totally Freezes

So I actually had this exact same issue with my computer. The screen would just stop. All output would continue. I could still hear the game sound and people talking on Discord and what not, but all input to my pc was gone. I could not talk to people on Discord or use my mouse or keyboard or anything. I kept going through all of my logs, running stress tests, and applying every suggested fix online and nothing was working. Finally, one of my coworkers suggested I check and see if my BIOS were out of date. Turns out they were horribly out of date. So I updated my BIOS and I haven't had an issue since. Not sure if the same will work for you, but if your BIOS are out of date then it won't hurt to update them anyways.

Edited by Shaogin.2679

47 minutes ago, MrFayth.3546 said:

I had this problem with my RX580 years ago. 
If you look closely at the logs(line 31 and 32) the GPU core clocks hit "idle" speeds of 300mhz, which drops his PCI-E speeds to x2(instead of x8) and I suspect that's where the problem starts. It's part of AMD's idle power consumption profiles. When it ramps back up to full power is when the freezing kicks in.

Since you're already running RTSS, i suspect you have Afterburner as well?
Create a "3D" profile with your desired GPU clock speeds, it doesn't matter if its manufacturer speeds or overclocked based on your reported temps, and create another "2D" profile set for idle clocks, I had decent results with 150/300.

That will stop your Core clocks from fluctuating, which happens when windows applications take priority over your running application, and that happens often.(memory clocks will continue to be variable)

I'm almost certain that will resolve your issue. If not report back with more logs like you've given and I will analyze.

Okey, so I didnt had afterburned installed, nor I havent used it before. I was reading a little bit about it, but I dont really know what am I doing. I wasn't using Rivatuner Statistics Server either.
I do have AMD Software Adrenaline Edition, which I also haven't used.

So I did try to use afterburner first, i could't get the slider down lower than 640 and I'm a little bit afraid of saving this settings, because I dont know if I did it correctly.  https://ibb.co/wsM9bYF

Also, altough I was researching, i couldn't find the 2d/3d profiles. My settings look like this: https://ibb.co/7RqVp81

Then I looked at AMD Software and I found this, which I could tweak according to your instruction, but minimum gpu clock speed is also capped at 300 https://ibb.co/kMF6Bmy

If I understood correctly, the important stuff is to get the core clocks at a stable speed... @MrFayth.3546 im really sorry, im not hardware saavy, first time doing this!

1 minute ago, Shaogin.2679 said:

So I actually had this exact same issue with my computer. The screen would just stop. All output would continue. I could still hear the game sound and people talking on Discord and what not, but all input to my pc was gone. I could not talk to people on Discord or use my mouse or keyboard or anything. I kept going through all of my logs, running stress tests, and applying every suggested fix online and nothing was working. Finally, one of my coworkers suggested I check and see if my BIOS were out of date. Turns out they were horribly out of date. So I updated my BIOS and I haven't had an issue since. Not sure if the same will work for you, but if your BIOS are out of date then it won't hurt to update them anyways.

Ill check this too asap!

the only other suggestion i have is to try running the game in linux through stream or lutris. this will tell you 100% for sure whether its a software or a hardware issue. if you still run into the same problems on a completely different operating system, your hardware is bad.

it sounds like alot of work but its probably less work than continuing to take shots in the dark.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134

Okey, after many tests I think I solved it, tho I still don't know which one of the following options helped:

1) I'm using AMD Adrenaline and this are my settings: https://ibb.co/YQwY8cw

2) I found I was missing a BIOS patch, so I did that.

I havent had that much free time, but what I have left is to play without Adrenaline and check if it is all about the BIOS update or is the fixed clock max speed.

Worth to note that even tho I tought my BIOS was up to date, I checked the AMI website where I found a patch I didn't had

• 2 weeks later...

This issue is similar to mine I experienced this issue after updating to windows 11. I tried all the fixes mentioned aboved except updating the bios. My PC is newly built and Im using an a Ryzen 5 3600, RX6600, and Asrock B550 mobo. My BIOS is not that outdated because as of now there is only 1 BIOS update released after my version.

I think I solved the issue now. I went to AMD driver and disabled all the freesyncing and anti lag options. I also set my game to fullscreen mode and set the in game frame limiter mode to 60. So far, I didnt experience freezing yet.