What Comes Next? - Who Knows? Anet Won't Tell Us...

Chichimec.9364

53 minutes ago, devastoscz.9851 said:

This is the real problem. We get an announcement of an announcement, and then don't get the announced announcement... and then we get ignored when asking about the announcement that was announced. It's a pressure pot they're fueling; then they get upset when people lash out after being neglected, ignored or outright lied to. It's much easier to manage expectations when you keep people informed about delays, problems or shifts in priority than just sticking your head in the sand.

I want to think I'm at the acceptance phase where "this will come out when it comes out"... but then that little tidbit of news comes out and gets me riled up again.

Nevertheless we keep playing, we keep posting, we keep buying expansions. I'm guilty of it; what can I say.... I have vested meta-interests (guild, friends, connections) around this game that would otherwise dwindle.

Wise words. Thank you. 

• Like 1

On 8/15/2023 at 11:28 PM, Chichimec.9364 said:

Sigh. When Anet told us last May that the first, actual Alliance beta would be in early to mid-Summer, I was really excited about Alliances finally happening. When Anet told us at the end of June that we'd have the details on that beta in "a week or so", I was on pins and needles with excitement. Sigh...Anet once again pulled its magically disappearing Alliance hat trick and we have not heard a peep about this beta since that June 28 post.

At this point I am actually hoping, quite despondently, that we don't get that beta till mid-September at the earliest. The SotO expansion is going to be bringing some significant changes to the game and it will take a bit for us all to assimilate those changes. Things like the new reward structure, the new weapons available to each profession, as well as the new relics, not to mention playing the expansion itself will take some some time to sort through. Trying to do our first Alliance beta during all that seems like too much to me. That's just me though, an old, slow, tired guy. Your mileage may vary of course.  I just wish the beta had actually come in early Summer. That would have been a fun thing to do leading up to the new expansion.

There is one last thing I do have to add - Each and everyone one of us has most likely had experience with things not working out the way we had planned. That's part of life. This whole delayed beta experience would not have been so sour for me if Anet had just kept us all posted on what was going on. It's their total Sound of Silence when it comes to WvW issues that is so galling.

If your server ever links with SBI, seek me out and we can find some seriously bad ideas to jump into. 🙂 Plus we have many others that may have also less than normal marbles that will create engaging challenges to engage in. Need targets, pull an enemy tag! Want to hold while outnumbered? 🙂 Target rich environments for the win! Plus, express leather nodes! Mind you I still feel bad when splat dies, though I will blame Archon even if I curse my toon. In the end, we all have to ask, did we have fun win or lose, but is is better to do that when winning.

• Thanks 1

On 8/17/2023 at 6:51 PM, Chichimec.9364 said:

At the moment we're actually fighting each other, I think. I'm on SoR.  😁
Who knows what might happen in the future though? 🤩

Welp, this sheds some light on delayed announcements.

Hopefully the hand off went well, but hand offs are never given the time they need to do it right. But as it's been said, now there is an opportunity. And opportunities allow for positive options. Time will tell.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1