What Comes Next? - Who Knows? Anet Won't Tell Us...

Chichimec.9364

"We’ll be back in the next week or so with details about the next WvW World Restructuring beta, which will feature the ability for guilds to team up in Alliances for WvW."
From Play the Weaponmaster Training Beta posted by The Guild Wars 2 Team on June 28, 2023

It's been eight days since that was posted so I do hope we'll be hearing something about this soon. 🤞

EDIT 1: It's now been 13 days since Anet said they'd be giving us those WR Beta details. A reasonable definition of a "week or so" is 7-13 days. So' unless they come in with a late post today, Anet has once again missed their own deadline. And this one was only for an announcement. Sigh... 😧

EDIT 2: It's now been 20 days since Anet said they'd be giving us the details on the next WR Beta in "a week or so". Today Anet dropped posts about the Festival of the Four Winds, about some balance changes, about some changes to BL chests and about new items in the Gem Store. The next WR Beta? Nope, not a peep about it. 😭

EDIT 3: It's now been more than three weeks since Anet made the statement quoted above. Today there was an important announcement about the new relics coming in the next expansion, but still  not a word about that next WvW beta. 😭😭

EDIT 4: It's now been five weeks since Anet made the above statement and they still have not said a word about the next WR beta. That beta was supposed to start in early to mid-Summer. Well, we are past early and now are at mid-Summer and there is no sign of the beta yet either. I've been asking Anet for weeks now to let us know what is going on with all this and they simply won't tell us anything.

Edited by Chichimec.9364
to update the sad story of Anet's latest WvW failure...
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

15 hours ago, Chichimec.9364 said:

It's been eight days since that was posted so I do hope we'll be hearing something about this soon. 🤞

Beware the 'or so' bit. 🙂 Actually not sure I would want details on a Friday as it leaves the weekend open for questions to build with zero chance of additional details over a weekend. You never want Forum Wars 2 impacting fun with reset and weekend time when people could be playing versus distracting themselves from work while on Forum Wars 2. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Justine.6351 said:

Friday does exist. Not that I expect this to age well.

Sigh, apparently Friday does not exist for Anet. Though The Grimm makes a good point about Friday not being the best day of the week for such an announcement.

2 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Beware the 'or so' bit. 🙂 Actually not sure I would want details on a Friday as it leaves the weekend open for questions to build with zero chance of additional details over a weekend. You never want Forum Wars 2 impacting fun with reset and weekend time when people could be playing versus distracting themselves from work while on Forum Wars 2. 

Sigh, I was hoping we'd hear something today just because I'm so curious about this next WvW beta. As usual though, you make a good point, this one about the possible problems of making big announcements on a Friday. Ah well, Monday or Tuesday are our next best shots at hearing something. After that, they'll have to go back and re-edit their original statement to "in the next two weeks or so".

6 hours ago, ilMasa.2546 said:

Rare footage of wvw devs working on WvW

roflmao - Thanks, you really nailed it!

Edited by Chichimec.9364
  • Confused 1

• Chichimec.9364 changed the title to What Comes Next? - 12 Days And Counting

Hmm, unless I missed it somewhere, Anet has not yet posted any details about the next World Restructuring Beta, details we were supposed to get "in a week or so" from June 28th. Just for the heck of it I googled "How long is a week or so?" This very reasonable answer came up on Reddit...

A week or so implies it's at least a week but not more than two. So it's between 7 to 13 days?

It's been 12 days since Anet posted the "in a week or so" comment so hopefully we'll get those details tomorrow.  🤞

Edited by Chichimec.9364
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

• Chichimec.9364 changed the title to What Comes Next? - Who Knows? Another Missed Date

It's Day 13 and three hours or so later than Anet usually makes their announcements. Unless they post something late today, it seems Anet will once again miss one of their own deadlines. A simple post explaining why the announcement of the details about the next WR Beta was delayed would have been nice. Once again though, Anet doesn't seem to be able to communicate with its players on the most basic level. Sigh...☹️

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• Chichimec.9364 changed the title to What Comes Next? - Who Knows? Anet Isn't Saying...

Sigh, it's now been 15 days since Anet said...

"We’ll be back in the next week or so with details about the next WvW World Restructuring beta, which will feature the ability for guilds to team up in Alliances for WvW."
From Play the Weaponmaster Training Beta posted by The Guild Wars 2 Team on June 28, 2023

I sure hope they get around to telling us those details sometime soon.  🙄

Edited by Chichimec.9364
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• Chichimec.9364 changed the title to What Comes Next? - Who Knows? Anet Ain't Saying...
  • Chichimec.9364 changed the title to What Comes Next? - Will Anet Ever Tell Us? Who Knows?

It's the evening of Saturday,  July 15 when I am writing this. That makes 17 days since Anet announced that they would give us the details of the next WR beta in "a week or so". Monday, July 17 is the earliest they could give us those details now. That's pushing us toward "three weeks or so". Personally I can understand things not going according to plan and thus going off schedule. That's probably happened to everyone reading this. It just seems like ordinary common sense to let people know what's going on when something is delayed like that. Anet just chooses to sit there mute though. Sigh...  🙊🙊🙊   🙄

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Chichimec.9364 said:

It's the evening of Saturday,  July 15 when I am writing this. That makes 17 days since Anet announced that they would give us the details of the next WR beta in "a week or so". Monday, July 17 is the earliest they could give us those details now. That's pushing us toward "three weeks or so". Personally I can understand things not going according to plan and thus going off schedule. That's probably happened to everyone reading this. It just seems like ordinary common sense to let people know what's going on when something is delayed like that. Anet just chooses to sit there mute though. Sigh...  🙊🙊🙊   🙄

Hey! I admit, I think you owe me royalties, that second picture of the four matches my driver license. Just because you don't choose to shave on the day when you have wait in a DMV line to re-new your license and then get branded like that for a decade....Man, that's a bit harsh to do us like that. To do a friend like that.....now granted maybe if we had all had coffee before hand there would have been less mistakes involved, just sayin. But, hurts all the same. I see how you are.+

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, babana.7521 said:

Mysterious Sky People, obviously
from here: https://tinyurl.com/unj8dxms

This is what Anet posted on June 28th and that's what the question in this thread's title refers to. The next expansion is a different topic.

What Comes Next?

We’ll be back in the next week or so with details about the next WvW World Restructuring beta, which will feature the ability for guilds to team up in Alliances for WvW.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Wvw is dead since release. Anet is trolling you. Gw2 is a cashcow alias Skinwars. Theres no effort to focus on wvw. I lost the hope long ago for this casual game. Played GW1 back then and enjoyed GvG HoH and the team and random arenas till theres no morning. Theres no reason to call this game "Guild Wars". Rage end.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• Chichimec.9364 changed the title to What Comes Next? - Anet Talks About A Lot Of Stuff But Not About WvW...

Welp, Anet did a lot of talking today,  here , here , and even here. If you wanna know about the Four Winds Festival,  the latest balance changes, or the new stuff in the Black Lion chests and the Gem Store, those links have got you covered. Heck, there's even a video at that last link showing off the latest shiny new mount skins. If you want to know what's next for WvW though or would like to finally get the details on the next WR beta you are just out of luck. There's not a peep in any of Anet's new posts about WvW. So all that us poor WvW orphans and outcasts can do is keep waiting  for the overdue update that was supposed to come almost two weeks ago now. Sigh...  😭

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Chichimec.9364 said:

Welp, Anet did a lot of talking today,  here , here , and even here. If you wanna know about the Four Winds Festival,  the latest balance changes, or the new stuff in the Black Lion chests and the Gem Store, those links have got you covered. Heck, there's even a video at that last link showing off the latest shiny new mount skins. If you want to know what's next for WvW though or would like to finally get the details on the next WR beta you are just out of luck. There's not a peep in any of Anet's new posts about WvW. So all that us poor WvW orphans and outcasts can do is keep waiting  for the overdue update that was supposed to come almost two weeks ago now. Sigh...  😭

And after ten years people still wonder why wvw players get mad.

Then they sit there and tell us, "Well you all don't buy enough stuff, to let them make money off you, to support your mode!".

Then anet be like, "This is why we don't say anything until release so y'all don't keep bothering us about it!".

At this point we'll take a, "We'll circle back to y'all on that update.".

Who's motivated to buy stuff when your primary mode is ignored for so long. 😏

Edited by XenesisII.1540
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

And after ten years people still wonder why wvw players get mad.

Then they sit there and tell us, "Well you all don't buy enough stuff, to let them make money off you, to support your mode!".

Then anet be like, "This is why we don't say anything until release so y'all don't keep bothering us about it!".

At this point we'll take a, "We'll circle back to y'all on that update.".

Who's motivated to buy stuff when your primary mode is ignored for so long. 😏

Don't forget the "But you complain when they do add anything new", like we should be grateful for any kitten they drop. Making Red BL and ignoring almost all the beta feedback, wondering why people aren't happy about it was a good example.

They've successfully lowered standards so much that any content release is considered a godsend.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

To be fair, Anet is still trying to tackle the trainwreck they created for themselves by adding Relics to the next expansion.  You know, Relics, the thing we already have and grinded for in making legendary runes, but now they moved part of it to a new place so they could sell an expansion by claiming the game now has relics.  So, yeah, no surprise they can't get back to us on this yet.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Chichimec.9364 said:

Just to be clear - @XenesisII.1540@ArchonWing.9480 , and @Ubi.4136 that's a sad emoji I added to each of your posts, not a confused one. And I added it because sadly, I think you are all right.  :classic_sad:

To be fair a lot of the development choices are extremely confusing.

Personally I think they ought to use the confusion condition icon. Heck, just replace emojis with the boon and condition ones; that would be much more descriptive anyways. 25 stacks of might every post!

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3