Buff Guard Hammer damage

Guy.9207

I'm going to keep this simple:

Buff Guard Hammer damage.

That's it. Buff it to ridiculous amount of numbers even. Anet said it themselves that Hammer for Guard is meant to be slow and heavy, and I think it would be funny if you can use Mighty Blow and land something like 20k. I wanna feel like I hit someone with a truck when I use Hammer.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

It's too slow and lacks the mobility to hit anyone in pvp or wvw unless they're totally not paying attention.  Damage isn't the main problem.  Mobility and range are.  Increasing the damage won't help if you're not even hitting anyone and end up doing 0 damage.
I would like to see Mighty Blow teleport without having to hit with Banish first.  I'd like Ring of Warding to have a bigger radius. (300+)

• Like 2

On 7/10/2023 at 11:44 PM, DeathPanel.8362 said:

It's too slow and lacks the mobility to hit anyone in pvp or wvw unless they're totally not paying attention.  Damage isn't the main problem.  Mobility and range are.  Increasing the damage won't help if you're not even hitting anyone and end up doing 0 damage.
I would like to see Mighty Blow teleport without having to hit with Banish first.  I'd like Ring of Warding to have a bigger radius. (300+)

i like ports on mighty blow as well. it also frees up an utility spot. 

• Confused 3

I think the real big issue with hammer is it lacks the PvE cc to be the "cc weapon". Enemies with breakbars tend to be stationary, so you're left with 232 cc on banish and some immob.  You're never going to give up longbow or sword/focus over 232 cc when you can just swap out a utility or press bane signet.

Rather than buffing the damage too much, maybe wards should tick on defiant enemies in PvE. That way you're left with a high utility weapon that does low but acceptable dps. This might buff staff 5, longbow 5, or dragon's maw too much, but there could be ways around it.

Maybe in pve:

- hammer 5 could be unique in ticking on stationary enemies.

- it could instead be changed to a reverse sanctuary.

- all wards could hit stationary enemies once, with hammer 5 doing 300 instead of 150 cc.

- other wards could have their durations lowered, but that sounds like a more drastic change.

Edited by Ostro.7359
  • Like 1

On 7/11/2023 at 6:21 PM, Balsa.3951 said:

i like ports on mighty blow as well. it also frees up an utility spot. 

Maybe that's fine for pve but in pvp, hardly anyone uses the port. They should have just incorporated the port mechanic in Mightly Blow - Hit the person you have targeted, press Mighty Blow again to port where the target is. If Hammer#2 gets off of cd then you port as you are channeling Mighty Blow. 

This would fix QoL issues with hammer while also giving Hammer the buff it needs.

45 minutes ago, Saiyan.1704 said:

Maybe that's fine for pve but in pvp, hardly anyone uses the port. They should have just incorporated the port mechanic in Mightly Blow - Hit the person you have targeted, press Mighty Blow again to port where the target is. If Hammer#2 gets off of cd then you port as you are channeling Mighty Blow. 

This would fix QoL issues with hammer while also giving Hammer the buff it needs.

i meant what u said. totally agree

• Confused 1

The nerf to CC skills in PvP gamemodes a couple years ago is what really killed hammer. Banish has such a long windup, only to knock your enemy away from you (?????) and does no damage. The teleport it added to hammer 2 is beyond pointless, as you'll still always need to run JI with a hammer build.