Why does Dragon Trigger suck so bad in WvW?

Lonewolf Kai.3682

reduced power damage in wvw, and the tankier gear sets people run, that further coupled with protection, weakness and other mitigation as well as sustain.

most power builds hitting into that will hit for fluff.

anyway, 16k crits can be reduced to 4k or below. 2k crits can be reduced to 400 or below. just to give you an idea. people can sit in your dragonslash force and honeybadga dun care. you'll die 10 times over way before they do.

Edited by eXruina.4956
stayin' positive 🌈🦄
  • Like 2
  • Confused 4

Don't rely on DT for big damage initially.  Use berserker GM trait in str that ups your strike damage to up 21%  (the buff stays up for a while).  Your next DT (as well as all of your other skills) get the damage boost.

Wars are not allowed to frontload a crap ton of damage.  That's reserved for every other class (adrenaline mechanics sucks).  The only reason BS is sorta making a comeback is because of the numerous amounts of aegis and reflects it can put up (to deal with all the front-loaded crap from every other class while we try and build up ammo/adrenaline to actually fight back). 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

Warrior is not supposed to one hit things like others do xD

If you check here https://youtu.be/OYE0XSnE4Fw ,is a small compillation so you can see what damage dragon slash does in WvW PvE.

It's impossible that everybody is in tank gear all the time.

While others just go around and 1-2 shot things we are doomed to use triple more skill than other professions to go anywhere...I never did more than 6k dragon slash in berserker gear.

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, Dorsai.1458 said:

Don't rely on DT for big damage initially.  Use berserker GM trait in str that ups your strike damage to up 21%  (the buff stays up for a while).  Your next DT (as well as all of your other skills) get the damage boost.

Wars are not allowed to frontload a crap ton of damage.  That's reserved for every other class (adrenaline mechanics sucks).  The only reason BS is sorta making a comeback is because of the numerous amounts of aegis and reflects it can put up (to deal with all the front-loaded crap from every other class while we try and build up ammo/adrenaline to actually fight back). 

I'll give Str traits a try again.  I had switched to Arms for the gm trait that gives 100% crit chance on burst usage to try and cheese the Ferocity. what sort of setup are people using for the extra aegis and reflects?

2 hours ago, Gerebos.1065 said:

Warrior is not supposed to one hit things like others do xD

If you check here https://youtu.be/OYE0XSnE4Fw ,is a small compillation so you can see what damage dragon slash does in WvW PvE.

It's impossible that everybody is in tank gear all the time.

While others just go around and 1-2 shot things we are doomed to use triple more skill than other professions to go anywhere...I never did more than 6k dragon slash in berserker gear.

And the amount of time it takes to charge up a full 10 and get that much damage is a stupid design.  Cal should be ashamed.  6k should be like 1-3 charge, not a full 10.  And you're lucky if you can even still hit with it by the time you charge up to 10.  DT3 should be like 1500 range at the LEAST.

Can you elaborate on setting up for stun?  I'm currently using BS GM 2 (Unyielding Dragon) for a stun effect, but is there more to it than just using that?

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Lonewolf Kai.3682 said:

I'll give Str traits a try again.  I had switched to Arms for the gm trait that gives 100% crit chance on burst usage to try and cheese the Ferocity. what sort of setup are people using for the extra aegis and reflects?

And the amount of time it takes to charge up a full 10 and get that much damage is a stupid design.  Cal should be ashamed.  6k should be like 1-3 charge, not a full 10.  And you're lucky if you can even still hit with it by the time you charge up to 10.  DT3 should be like 1500 range at the LEAST.

Can you elaborate on setting up for stun?  I'm currently using BS GM 2 (Unyielding Dragon) for a stun effect, but is there more to it than just using that?

Most people running BS seem to be running the STR/DEF variant.  I forget what the trait in Def is called ...but it provides reflect on aegis.  Your pistol 2 and blade 4 (and I believe the BS heal) all provide it.  With tac reload ...you can see where this is going.  

Well DT was never meant to do alot of dmg in PvP. Besides this for a Warrior 6k dmg is pretty massive dmg Compared to every other Power Burst Skill a Warrior got (aside Arcing Slice every Skill is able to do 4-5k dmg only). 

Most of the time you use DT to CC the enemy to use Pistol 5 or Dragonblade 4 or Axe skills to do dmg. But yea in PvE its just the Main dmg source for Sure^^

Edited by Myror.7521

7 hours ago, Lonewolf Kai.3682 said:

I currently run with Vallun's build see here: https://youtu.be/fTw9IZL5qlg

I tried every possible and impossible builds for BS but nothing is at least 50-50 all around. There's always a visible flaw where you get wrecked completely.

Before anyone would say" but yes this is the way everything must have a counter" I totally agree on that but I am not agree with the fact that warrior can be countered by more than half of the professions and builds while the warrior can barely  counter a few and there are universal builds of certain professions which are still viable overall.

I resumed BS to PvE only in WvW Berserker with Condi or Celestial gear and in small scale wvw spellbreaker.

Now all my hopes are in the new expansion and the Staff(Spear) but at what rate the game changes it's classes I don't have any high hopes because things are changed quicker than how others change their underwear...except for a few dev fan professions....

• Like 1

@Gerebos.1065 for the most part Warrior used to Counter other classes with CC and Burst skills as dmg Combo. Sadly First one got smashed into nothingness dmg wise and Second one is actually complete overnerfed in terms of Power dmg (Aside Arcing slice of course). This ends up in warr eather using Bladesworn with its shouts and its heal plus tactical reload to simply out heal classes or Condi Berserker on full Defence traitlines abusing condition dmg

If you don't know what i mean .... this Builds are rn the common used Warr Builds that could Deal with the Meta:

Defence_Bladesworn

Tactics_Bladesworn

Conditions_Berserker

Besides this 3 there is also some CC spam Spellbraker Builds around... but they are mostly easy to outkite and relie on holding the enemy in a long CC Chain plus a teammate to plus you cause your normaly dealing nearly no dmg on it:

Defence_Spellbraker

How ever there are also real Skill based  Builds (with Skill based i mean you actually need to time your burst skills, healing, CCs right to get benefit Out off it) are actually too Bad to see real Play but here are the examples for them:

Defence_Core_Axe

Defence_Greatsword_Spellbraker

Defence_Core_Great/Hammer

Edited by Myror.7521
  • Like 1

a) You know a stat is overpowered when a class is getting just as much benefit from running the "hybrid" (cele) stat.

b) You know a "power" class sucks when it has to completely invest in damage modifiers and you can build 100% power on it and do just about the same damage.

I like how people are arguing that basic hits like Guardian or Ranger sword-2 skills should do more damage because DT "technically has a 1-second cooldown" or DT is better because you can technically trait it with a fking Grandmaster to stun (only for a max of 2.5s mind) if the stars align and you manage to actually build/channel/notgetstunned/hit someone with it. Lord, I wish these people wore shirts in real life. It'd make it so much easier to just know who's opinions I could just ignore.

Just play Rev or Guardian. They're "just magical Warriors" at this point, and are actually getting supported imo.

Edited by FShoppe.6572
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, FShoppe.6572 said:

a) You know a stat is overpowered when a class is getting just as much benefit from running the "hybrid" (cele) stat.

b) You know a "power" class sucks when it has to completely invest in damage modifiers and you can build 100% power on it and do just about the same damage.

I like how people are arguing that basic hits like Guardian or Ranger sword-2 skills should do more damage because DT "technically has a 1-second cooldown" or DT is better because you can technically trait it with a fking Grandmaster to stun (only for a max of 2.5s mind) if the stars align and you manage to actually build/channel/notgetstunned/hit someone with it. Lord, I wish these people wore shirts in real life. It'd make it so much easier to just know who's opinions I could just ignore.

Just play Rev or Guardian. They're "just magical Warriors" at this point, and are actually getting supported imo.

Finally, another person who actually knows what they're talking about.

I just made a post talking about problem b) and was beginning to think I was the only person who could see the issue. The problem with Bladesworn's damage output is that many of its skills are super inconsistent (Sword 2 & 3, Pistol 5, Gun Saber 2 & 5 all struggle to connect when fighting anyone half decent who isn't stationary). Your main burst in Dragon Trigger is quite predictable to any skilled player. And then combine all that with the fact that your opponents will have access to any random selection of Protection, Aegis, Blind, Blocks, Projectile Blocks, Stealth, Evades, and Teleports and you wonder why the damage output is low. Edit: Don't forget distortion and Invuln, almost forgot about those.

Edited by SleepyBat.9034
  • Like 1