Mirage Cloak animation removed on stamina bar :(

LeoXander.2798

We lost our mirage cloak animation on our stamina bar when we receive it!!!

I am guessing this is because they (somewhat) copied the regular dodge mechanic and pasted it to mirage cloak. i wanna see the animation when i pick up a mirage mirror on the floor else i wont be able to notified that well that i have it. I want to see it because i NEED to time my ambushes and calculate the delays between ambushes because i dont want to use 2 ambushes in a row, hencing rendering the first one wasted. It is hard to explain why i need to see the animation on the stamina bar.  for example, im using crystal sands inside the hitbox of the boss and i walk up to it. i cannot clearly see wether i got the cloak or not. another example, when im playing staff mirage and i shatter f4, there are multiple mirage mirrors and i want to see if i pick one up to not overstack multiple ones. its not super clear to see if i obtained it or not among all the things going on in fight. there is 0 reason to remove that animation.

P.S: the animation also looked beautiful. was one of mirage's class identity features.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

Ahem...

Spagetti code 

I assume... 

For reference - Virtuoso still doesn't have its own symbol on an elite skill targeting thing, so given how eager "the team" is with fixing such things, i'm not sure it'll happen soon. I hope i'm wrong though, I miss the animation too.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

On 7/12/2023 at 3:23 AM, Geronmy.3298 said:

I for sure miss it too. It is one of those things that although are not essential for the class to be playable, it just doesn't feel the same without it.

Please give us our shiny purpy screen back!

It's the polish of the game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blude.6812 said:

Funny how I can actually roll out of harms way now. Not bait! And not going to be bothered with a vid to show you.

Funny how I just logged on to my Mirage - giving you the benefit of the doubt - and no, one does not roll out of harm's way.

Is it fun in some odd way to make such posts? 'Cuz I gotta say, I don't get it.

• Like 2

On 7/19/2023 at 10:46 PM, Duglaive.5236 said:

Funny how I just logged on to my Mirage - giving you the benefit of the doubt - and no, one does not roll out of harm's way.

Is it fun in some odd way to make such posts? 'Cuz I gotta say, I don't get it.

I am truly sorry that you are unable to replicate what I can do with my build. BUT calling me out as troll and posts as bait just because you are unable to replicate what I can do is uncalled for, insulting as well as immature.   Moving on.

Edited by Blude.6812
  • Confused 3

4 hours ago, Blude.6812 said:

I am truly sorry that you are unable to replicate what I can do with my build. BUT calling me out as troll and posts as bait just because you are unable to replicate what I can do is uncalled for, insulting as well as immature.   Moving on.

You know, I can easily turn that around and say that making unsubstantiated claims (and note, you would appear to be the only player making such a claim in or out of game) with a flat out refusal to back them up with any evidence would seem immature, insulting to your fellow players, and simply uncalled for.

With that in mind, perhaps give a second thought to making that video; or at the very least posting that build of yours that is allowing you to do what no other Mirage can.

The ball really is in your court.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Duglaive.5236 said:

You know, I can easily turn that around and say that making unsubstantiated claims (and note, you would appear to be the only player making such a claim in or out of game) with a flat out refusal to back them up with any evidence would seem immature, insulting to your fellow players, and simply uncalled for.

With that in mind, perhaps give a second thought to making that video; or at the very least posting that build of yours that is allowing you to do what no other Mirage can.

The ball really is in your court.

You can just check out the bug threads where we are reporting Mirage's dodge breaking (mostly on core content) and  having to change maps/spec to fix it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Geronmy.3298 said:

You can just check out the bug threads where we are reporting Mirage's dodge breaking (mostly on core content) and  having to change maps/spec to fix it.

Thanks for the info. Though I'd note that it seems to be rather limited in how widespread it is, and as you can see from the responses to this thread, only one poster has experienced this. And there isn't even a mention of said bug anywhere else in this subforum until now. It certainly wasn't presented as a bug. My Mirage certainly isn't experiencing this bug. And again, no mention of it in the Mesmer forums; why would I have gone looking in the bug forums - and all the way back to page 4?

Not that it doesn't need fixing, but that I should have just gone on over to the bug threads when a "new normal" was presented? Yeah, no. Again, thanks for the info, however.

• Like 1