Toggle-able sword changes, like you can with untamed hammer in the expansion

Matoro.9708

As I understand it, core rangers will be able to actually pick and choose which hammer skills (unleashed or not) will be used on their bar when the expansion comes out.

The old files are still there. If old sword gameplay is 'worse', why not give some of us the option to pick and choose that version, in the same way as hammer? I don't think that hurts anyone. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

The reality is that sometimes patches change things and not every change is going to be one you like, and what you're asking ANet to do here is give you access to a previous patch because it's the version you prefer lol

Edited by Mic.1897
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Matoro.9708 said:

The old files are still there. If old sword gameplay is 'worse', why not give some of us the option to pick and choose that version, in the same way as hammer? I don't think that hurts anyone. 

Why give us the option?

Hammer works that way due to how the weapon works on Untamed. It has 2 sets of non-auto skills, and they wanted rangers to have access to them. Not bringing an old patch back, using the other set of skills currently in the game. What possible reason would they bring this back for?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, RainbowTurtle.3542 said:

Hammer works that way due to how the weapon works on Untamed. It has 2 sets of non-auto skills, and they wanted rangers to have access to them. Not bringing an old patch back, using the other set of skills currently in the game. What possible reason would they bring this back for?

Where does that information come from? Did I miss something, or did they write about it only on Twitter again?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RainbowTurtle.3542 said:

This information came from the beta event for the Weaponmaster Training mastery.

I just assumed we would only get the non-unleashed form for core and other specialization and thus I didn't bother testing Ranger's hammer. If that makes it to the live game, I'm glad to have assumed wrong.

1 hour ago, eXruina.4956 said:

wait.. does this mean i'll get to use 2012 warrior?

Keep the dream going. At least the dream (not the Sylvari one) gives us Warriors what we want.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, RainbowTurtle.3542 said:

Why give us the option?

Because I asked nicely? Lol

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, Matoro.9708 said:

As I understand it, core rangers will be able to actually pick and choose which hammer skills (unleashed or not) will be used on their bar when the expansion comes out.

This actually would make a LOT more sense for Weapon Master training then unlocking all the various weapon combinations.  Even if balancing issues were found they wouldn't be nearly as unpredictable as disassociating the spec weapon from the spec itself.

As some can be subtle, like Greatsword.  You could toggle either the kick or the throw after #4 block, and neither option would cause any issues whatsoever as it is pure sidegrade.  

Sword would be same way, as only thing to cause any sort of issue would be reverting the AA chain back to original sticky form--that seems a metric ton harder than a simple toggle.  Having things like Hornet Sting, Monarch Leap, and Serpent Strike (the real one) back are just sidegrades, there was no uproar about them before and wouldn't be now.

This also removes the issue where Hammer was never designed to have static selections and only does now as a deadline compromise.  It's soulbeast all over again, but intead of being an excuse not to properly fix pets its an excuse to sell an expansion.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 7/12/2023 at 6:34 PM, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

This actually would make a LOT more sense for Weapon Master training then unlocking all the various weapon combinations.  Even if balancing issues were found they wouldn't be nearly as unpredictable as disassociating the spec weapon from the spec itself.

As some can be subtle, like Greatsword.  You could toggle either the kick or the throw after #4 block, and neither option would cause any issues whatsoever as it is pure sidegrade.  

Sword would be same way, as only thing to cause any sort of issue would be reverting the AA chain back to original sticky form--that seems a metric ton harder than a simple toggle.  Having things like Hornet Sting, Monarch Leap, and Serpent Strike (the real one) back are just sidegrades, there was no uproar about them before and wouldn't be now.

This also removes the issue where Hammer was never designed to have static selections and only does now as a deadline compromise.  It's soulbeast all over again, but intead of being an excuse not to properly fix pets its an excuse to sell an expansion.  

how do I heart react twice?

• Haha 1