Please don't take my Vampirism Bonus away!

Taking a page from the player who posted about golem summons (thanks for the idea), I don't post much on the forums, but this was important enough to me to at least try.

Reading about the change to Relics, and how they're designed to be active as opposed to passive, I'm worried about the bonus of this rune (namely the restoration of health on kill) making it into Relic form.

I am an Open World only player. I have a bunch of issues with my fingers/hands/wrists/arms that I have a lot of trouble playing such an active game but I loved GW1 so much I was determined to make it work. I had come up with a number of effective builds before, only to see most of them become unusable for me when the balance patches decimated a lot of healing traits. It had gotten so bad that I actually quit the game for a couple of months because I couldn't compensate. Luckily, someone suggested Vampirism runes and they've been amazing ever since. They enabled me to play the game again, which I do every day.

I own all the expansions and have purchased gems many times. I have Aurora, Vision, the Prismatic, 6 legendary runes (not touching that topic!), and 2 legendary sigils. I may not be a high end player, but I've spent quite a bit of time playing the game.

Vampirism runes are generally harmless. They're not going to help with Bounties, or Raids, or Fractals. They won't screw up any DPS benchmarks. But they do enable me to play. If they still exist once SotO hits, chances are I'll be spending money on gems for gold for mats to create all 3 weights of Open World armor. If they're removed, I probably will have no choice but to be done with the game unless something takes their place. I don't intend that to be a threat, or a tantrum, just that before them the game had become too difficult to play (even with the Jade Bot Vit bonus, and the Armor and Health bonus, and life steal food),  and it's important enough to me to at least try to make a case.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

I believe I know exactly where you're coming from, OP, and can certainly empathize with your concerns about the upcoming changes. About a year and a half ago I suffered 2 strokes that heavily impacted my left side, with less severe issues on the right. Playing this action-combat MMO became problematic at best. I tried more MMO mice than I care to remember, and even after becoming fairly happy with one, that did nothing for the loss of the ability to strafe.

I've spent a great deal of time creating & testing spec and equipment loadouts that would allow me to continue, and of the 3 characters I play the most, each build is very much tied to a rune set bonus that may end up changed or outright removed. Though mine aren't Vampirism (I do, however, completely understand that choice), their loss would/will be devastating. Like you, I too may make the choice to move on.

Best of luck to both of us, and all others sailing on our particular journey :classic_cool:

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Duglaive.5236 said:

I believe I know exactly where you're coming from, OP, and can certainly empathize with your concerns about the upcoming changes. About a year and a half ago I suffered 2 strokes that heavily impacted my left side, with less severe issues on the right. Playing this action-combat MMO became problematic at best. I tried more MMO mice than I care to remember, and even after becoming fairly happy with one, that did nothing for the loss of the ability to strafe.

I've spent a great deal of time creating & testing spec and equipment loadouts that would allow me to continue, and of the 3 characters I play the most, each build is very much tied to a rune set bonus that may end up changed or outright removed. Though mine aren't Vampirism (I do, however, completely understand that choice), their loss would/will be devastating. Like you, I too may make the choice to move on.

Best of luck to both of us, and all others sailing on our particular journey :classic_cool:

I appreciate you sharing your story, and I'm sorry for what happened to you. I am hoping we both see better days ahead!

Would you mind sharing your rune set bonus(es)? I'm both interested from a crafting approach and maybe if this thread makes any difference, it can help you as well/instead.

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

After the expac launches, if vampirism relics are negatively impacted, please come to the profession forum for your class and speak up. Lots of people very happy to help out without judgement.

I appreciate that. I've spent much time with many people tinkering for my specific ailments (forget most anything using the right hand, including (especially) that thumb), but I'll certainly give it a try if worst comes to worst, though I'm hoping quite obviously I won't need to stop by. 🙂

• Confused 1

40 minutes ago, handicappergeneral.4316 said:

I appreciate you sharing your story, and I'm sorry for what happened to you. I am hoping we both see better days ahead!

Would you mind sharing your rune set bonus(es)? I'm both interested from a crafting approach and maybe if this thread makes any difference, it can help you as well/instead.

Though there are actually 4 I'm at least somewhat concerned with, there is one, Tormenting, whose loss will likely be very difficult to recover from on one build. And will literally gut and destroy the other build I use this rune set on. While it is not the sustain monster it once was, coupled with the right traits and skills it's still very strong. I'll even admit on my axe Mirage build that rune set carries me; with my disability I couldn't even play the spec otherwise.

Edited by Duglaive.5236
a little added clarity

Sorry to hear about both your troubles with real life issues, I just wanted to say that you could always consider contacting a wonder group called Special Effect based in the UK they could help with setting up a system for you that could help with your difficulties you have mentioned.

https://www.specialeffect.org.uk/

All the best in your journey through Tyria.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jhule.7230 said:

Sorry to hear about both your troubles with real life issues, I just wanted to say that you could always consider contacting a wonder group called Special Effect based in the UK they could help with setting up a system for you that could help with your difficulties you have mentioned.

https://www.specialeffect.org.uk/

All the best in your journey through Tyria.

Thanks Jhule. I'm outside the UK, but it seems from my brief visit to their site that they may have recommendations for other regions. I'll certainly open a line with them.

Again, thanks :classic_smile:

• Like 1

Just now, Duglaive.5236 said:

Thanks Jhule. I'm outside the UK, but it seems from my brief visit to their site that they may have recommendations for other regions. I'll certainly open a line with them.

Again, thanks :classic_smile:

You're more than welcome.

• Like 1