(Soulbeast) Is there a single PVE build not using Axe Off-hand?

Elena.8734

Maybe i'm just uninformed, but anywhere i check for a build for Soulbeast, every build seems to be a variation of:
Sic'em->One Wolf Pack -> Gain Quickness by wathever way you want -> Whirlwind Defense -> Do stuff while waiting  those skills to come out of CD to align them again

Is it me or this weapon is just over dominant over all others  and there's a bunch of weapons that you just never see in PVE builds? I do really like the fantasy of Soulbeast of sharing buff with you pet, doubling them by merging  and suddenly feel powerful, to be able to use your pet spells (and to get rid of the stupid Pet AI on command, Ahem!). But! I really don't like the fantasy around the axe and it feels central if you want to play any meta DPS build to do Endgame group content with feeling like you drag down the group.

Do one of you know of a build at least approaching those DPS benchmark done without using an axe at all, neither main hand or off-hand?

For power builds this is the only offhand weapon focused on power damage on all skills. Not using axe also means you lose the bonus of honed axe(beastmastery trait) during sicem thus you also lower your damage. One possible alternative would be warhorn which also brings multi hit for Owp, decent damage, does not lock you in place and has some cc

Edited by aymnad.9023
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

After the dust settles from the inevitable balance trainwreck we'll get from opening all weapons up to everyone in SotO, it would be nice to get an offhand ranged power damage weapon that does some cleave. Would be a good companion to mainhand axe... which would make that weapon more relevant after what happened with sword.

• Like 1

I think Torch can be pretty good when going condi SB,  adds fire stacks along the bleeding and poison you do, Ambidexterity trait is for both dagger and a torch, works well together with traps and gives a fire combo field to boost. Not sure about the overall DPS though.