Ranger(soulbeast) can be play as sustain class at wvw with shouts? what do you think?

kaltseto.9564

i play a soulbeast ranger healer and i give regenaration to allies ~750per sec life for many time with the commands.

at the past, arenanet decided to change the shouts of ranger to commands(first slap). 

after that, if you put rune of the trooper into your armor....absolutely ranger can not cleance with the commands the allies from condies(second slap).

in my opinion they must   change the commands back to shouts.

also put at commands(shouts) big time of alacrity on use at allies.

also put cleances on warhorn for allies.

also reduse the cooldown from 35sec to 15sec of the Spiritual Reprieve.

also put some superspeed with shouts at allies

maybe some stab with shouts at allies?

maybe a warhorn to mainhand?

For me Soulbeast shouter with big regen and alactrity , will be great sustain for the team.

sorry for bad english

Edited by kaltseto.9564
  • Like 3

• kaltseto.9564 changed the title to Ranger(soulbeast) can be play as sustain class at wvw with shouts? what do you think?
50 minutes ago, kaltseto.9564 said:

i play a soulbeast ranger healer and i give regenaration to allies ~750per sec life for many time with the commands.

at the past, arenanet decided to change the shouts of ranger to commands(first slap). 

after that, if you put rune of the trooper into your armor....absolutely ranger can not cleance with the commands the allies from condies(second slap).

in my opinion they must   change the commands back to shouts.

also put at commands(shouts) big time of alacrity on use at allies.

also put cleances on warhorn.

also reduse the cooldown from 35sec to 15sec of the Spiritual Reprieve.

also put some superspeed at shouts

maybe some stab at shouts?

maybe a warhorn to mainhand?

For me Soulbeast shouter with big regen and alactrity , will be great sustain for the team.

sorry for bad english

edited your post to make it readable for people who aren't on light theme

Also this sounds like it would be better suited for the ranger fourms rather than the wvw forums?

As far as answering your post, I'm not really sure of the ranger lore but it sounds similar to how thief traps were changed to preperations when broken support for traps (rune of the trapper) was added to the game so rather than nerfing/removing the rune they removed traps from thief. There is probably a good reason why they can't be shouts still but I'm no ranger expert there.

Currently anet doesn't want to design boons to be accessible by the core specs of most classes so alacrity on commands will probably not happen either

Superspeed is very strong and while rangers aren't insanely mobile they have a lot of range, so giving them gap closers in the form of improved combat mobility is probably too good, especially on short cooldown skills like shouts

I could see the stab argument but isn't there a shout for rangers that gives stab already? or dolyak stance.

And changing existing weapons is probably unlikely but I wish you luck with those requests, cleanse is decently good to have

For spiritual repireve I think that would also be too strong, because its a 1.74 coeff heal, maybe asking for the resistance to be longer could be an option though, like 5s instead of 3s

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Rather than that, why not just use stances? You can support a party of 5 using the trait Leader of the Pack and their effects are pretty strong.

• Bear stance removes conditions and heals, this alone is worth more than rune of the trooper and old shouts.
  • Dolyak stance gives stab, is a stunbreak and reduces incoming damage
  • Griffon Stance Lets you dodge more
  • Moa stance gives boons and increases duration of boons on you and allies
  • Vulture stance gives might and inflicts poison
  • One Wolf Pack increases dps which can be great during coordinated bursts.
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Venport.3925 said:

Superspeed is very strong and while rangers aren't insanely mobile they have a lot of range, so giving them gap closers in the form of improved combat mobility is probably too good, especially on short cooldown skills like shouts

Rangers are incredibly mobile, especially on Soulbeast. Some of the pet merges give you access to multiple leaps plus what they already have on Sword and Greatsword.

3 hours ago, Venport.3925 said:

I could see the stab argument but isn't there a shout for rangers that gives stab already? or dolyak stance.

That would be on Dolyak Stance only, the shout is "Protect Me!" which rather unsurprisingly gives protection. Although the elite "Strength of the Pack!" does give stability but only to the Ranger.

Agree with your other points, I think the original design of Soulbeast was not too supportive so as not to step on Druid toes. I have heard (this is only third-hand mind) that they didn't give Spiritual Reprieve i.e. a supportive pet archetype to the Moa line because of this as it would be too good at supplying heals when merged.