Alacrity Mirage is a still a little scuffed

Mell.4873

I don't know if it was always this hard to play but providing Alacrity with Chronomancer is 10x easier.
I can effortlessly over cap Alacrity on Chronomancer with no boon duration. 

Now with Alacrity Mirage even if they did make somewhat easier since you don't need to Shatter and pick up your 3 mirrors it's just keeping your clones up is nigh impossible.
Even with 3 clones I need to shatter to get Vigor and then boost it with traited Signet of Inspiration. Again, it works but is so much management when I can just play Chronomancer for more Alacrity and not need to spam something like Jaunt to get 3 clones.

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Like 2
  • Confused 7

I still use a few ritualist pieces so i can make it easier. That or concentration sigils if i just feel like having more crit to proc bleeds with my clones.

As i've said before, now that Anet destroyed staxe (could have made a better job if the trait was competing with IH while giving us a mega ambush in pve) and neverj reverted staff nerfs.

We basically have a mega slow damage ramp up, are limited to condi builds and just 1 weapon to generate alac while other adps have more reliable and easier ways to generate alac, can even play power or condi while using basically wichever weapons they feel like using and that is still not enough for you know who to give us less of a pounding.

• Like 1

The abnormal thing here is chronomancer. Keeping quickness or alacrity on allies 100% of the time MUST require boon duration.

Chronomancer need to be reworked to have a proper healer capability while needing boon duration and a better mechanism to provide alacrity or quickness.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

14 minutes ago, Kulvar.1239 said:

The abnormal thing here is chronomancer. Keeping quickness or alacrity on allies 100% of the time MUST require boon duration.

Chronomancer need to be reworked to have a proper healer capability while needing boon duration and a better mechanism to provide alacrity or quickness.

You know what I don't really agree.

To get the 100% Alacrity or Quickness uptime you do need to know how to play Chronomancer. Using Continuum Split and Signet of Ether to reset Phantasms is the only way to overcap either boons at the start of a fight. Later on, you can rely on shattering.

• Confused 3

3 hours ago, dead.7638 said:

Alac mirage is working as intended, It’s a husk of its original form, time to move on.

Well Ranger Druid was an unplayable DPS for 8 years so I'm guessing it will take about that long for it be a decent Support.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/4/2023 at 4:21 PM, Mell.4873 said:

I don't know if it was always this hard to play but providing Alacrity with Chronomancer is 10x easier.
I can effortlessly over cap Alacrity on Chronomancer with no boon duration. 

Now with Alacrity Mirage even if they did make somewhat easier since you don't need to Shatter and pick up your 3 mirrors it's just keeping your clones up is nigh impossible.
Even with 3 clones I need to shatter to get Vigor and then boost it with traited Signet of Inspiration. Again, it works but is so much management when I can just play Chronomancer for more Alacrity and not need to spam something like Jaunt to get 3 clones.

Really not understanding what you're talking about.... I run Alac Mirage for Fractals and Strikes and have no issue maintaining 100% uptime on Alac while keeping my dps around where a boon support should be (More dps than Chrono on some fights).  Running Staff/Staff and full Rit (no Sig of Insp.).  Mirage also has the added benefit of maintaining 100% alac uptime outside of combat and between phases where Chrono requires a target.  Run deceptive evasion and you will have absolutely no issue maintaining 2 - 3 clones while in combat.  Only time mine usually die is when I shatter them and I'm usually right back to 3 right after they shatter. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Vyriis.6258 said:

Really not understanding what you're talking about.... I run Alac Mirage for Fractals and Strikes and have no issue maintaining 100% uptime on Alac while keeping my dps around where a boon support should be (More dps than Chrono on some fights).  Running Staff/Staff and full Rit (no Sig of Insp.).  Mirage also has the added benefit of maintaining 100% alac uptime outside of combat and between phases where Chrono requires a target.  Run deceptive evasion and you will have absolutely no issue maintaining 2 - 3 clones while in combat.  Only time mine usually die is when I shatter them and I'm usually right back to 3 right after they shatter. 

That might be the way to go. I was running full Vipers, so I had like no boon Duration, (like 20% with sigil + food)

I do want to return to Mirage since it allowed me to use Inspiration for Traited Signets which is not possible on Support Power Chronomancer since you need to run 2 mandatory traitlines otherwise you do no DPS. I will convert my Vipers over and see how I go. 

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Confused 2

On 8/12/2023 at 2:48 AM, LeoXander.2798 said:

100% uptime alac with regen boon and 0 boon duration on gear/food is very much possible. its not difficult. dont want to come off rude but you might need some more practice.

I can it's just way harder than Chronomancer. Before this I used to run no boon duration and I don't know why I tortured myself, I'm not up to 40%. Practice is one thing, but you have a very slow ramp up since you are forced to wait for 3 clones which for a Raid/Strike is not really cutting it and you will get called out for low Alacrity uptime.

There are a couple of combos but the most common set up is, Staff 2 and Jaunt + Jaunt then dodge. Compare this to Chronomancer which is just Greatsword 4.

• Thanks 1

On 8/13/2023 at 10:15 AM, Mell.4873 said:

I can it's just way harder than Chronomancer. Before this I used to run no boon duration and I don't know why I tortured myself, I'm not up to 40%. Practice is one thing, but you have a very slow ramp up since you are forced to wait for 3 clones which for a Raid/Strike is not really cutting it and you will get called out for low Alacrity uptime.

There are a couple of combos but the most common set up is, Staff 2 and Jaunt + Jaunt then dodge. Compare this to Chronomancer which is just Greatsword 4.

Just dodge immediately. With only 1 clone from the dodge, you still have a base of Alac uptime, and then you can bring your clone count to 3 for maximized Alac output.

52 minutes ago, Kulvar.1239 said:

Just dodge immediately. With only 1 clone from the dodge, you still have a base of Alac uptime, and then you can bring your clone count to 3 for maximized Alac output.

That would not produce 100% uptime unless you have some boon duration (40%). Back when you would use Mirage mirrors you could get 3 clones then use F4. That was a good opener but that is no longer possible. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

That would not produce 100% uptime unless you have some boon duration (40%).

You're supposed to have boon duration as a support (dps or heal).

On Mirage, it's so you can stack Alacrity for the downtimes when clones are unavailable.

Edited by Kulvar.1239
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Kulvar.1239 said:

You're supposed to have boon duration as a support (dps or heal).

On Mirage, it's so you can stack Alacrity for the downtimes when clones are unavailable.

The whole previous conversation you replied to was about not running boon duration.....

5 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

The whole previous conversation you replied to was about not running boon duration.....

Only work on bosses like MO. Have you considered playing with other classes that improve Endurance regeneration of the team? (FB, Vindi, Tempest, ...)

Edited by Kulvar.1239

15 hours ago, Kulvar.1239 said:

Only work on bosses like MO. Have you considered playing with other classes that improve Endurance regeneration of the team? (FB, Vindi, Tempest, ...)

Again I don't know where we are going with the conversation since I do run Boon duration on Mirage. I run around 40% with traited Signet of Inspiration aswell. 

12 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

Again I don't know where we are going with the conversation since I do run Boon duration on Mirage. I run around 40% with traited Signet of Inspiration aswell. 

You don't know because you switch between "no BD alac mirage" and "I have BD"

you literally can cap alacrity without any boon duration food or gear. you just need regeneration.

for opener do something like in the video here:

i do 3-2-crystal sands-jaunt-use mirage mirror from sands-f2-heal (im waiting a bit for heal till i get 2 clones from 3rd skill) and then start doing my stuff

note: you can start this by using ambush first as well to provide alacrity immediately to the group, or do the thing in the video. instead of using the mirage mirror from sands, jaunt somewhere else and use your own ambush

Edited by LeoXander.2798

4 hours ago, LeoXander.2798 said:

you literally can cap alacrity without any boon duration food or gear. you just need regeneration.

for opener do something like in the video here:

i do 3-2-crystal sands-jaunt-use mirage mirror from sands-f2-heal (im waiting a bit for heal till i get 2 clones from 3rd skill) and then start doing my stuff

note: you can start this by using ambush first as well to provide alacrity immediately to the group, or do the thing in the video. instead of using the mirage mirror from sands, jaunt somewhere else and use your own ambush

@Kulvar.1239 Is right, outside of a golem this is pretty hard especially since you need to apply all the Alacrity on a very short window for most fights.

Like I have been saying back when we could use F4 and eat mirrors for more Ambushes, so it was possible to open with a lot of Alacrity before you split for a mechanic. Now you need to run Boon Duration with Ritualist gear otherwise you will not be able to pre-stack enough Alacrity. Hense why I'm saying Chronomancer is 10x easier since you have Continuum Split.

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Like 2

On 8/18/2023 at 1:23 AM, Kulvar.1239 said:

Try doing it on something that's not a golem.

Things like Adina, Sabir, Jormag Voice, Old Lion Court, Harvest Temple.

it is still fine for almost all fights. i said almost cuz some fights are power heavy like qadim 1, ht, kc but they should still be fine. even for the intermission phases of OLC is fine cuz u can stack up alacrity. it might not be 100% but it will for sure be 90% in olc.

as i said, you simply have to practice to play better. its just the truth im afraid. the video i posted helps. you really dont need boon duration in the end. but if you wanna feel comfy theres no harm in adding some minor boon duration. you DEFINITELY dont need full ritualist AT ALL.

Edited by LeoXander.2798
  • Confused 1

@Mell.4873 fractals are a bit weird for miralac because the fights have phases and are fast so you dont really ramp up your damage as miralac as it is very slow compared to other alac providers. but it is still very much possible to give full alacrity without any boon duration, just receive regen for it.

yes F4 was nice but again, you are very much capable of providing great alacrity.

i am well aware of how mirage provides alacrity. it is not push a button and provide big chunk of alacrity in an aoe around you like other alacrity providers. it is just mirage's design that you dont give much alacrity with one ambush but you can continually ambush. the disadvantageous part is that you kind of want to have a big hp enemy to increase the duration with the help of the clones.

• Like 1