The Solo-Q crisis

gerberlyfe.9736

3 hours ago, NotoriousNaru.6241 said:

lmao you are being incredibly bad faith. You were upset in map chat and were told both our accs are in the top 10(no one is being boosted) and then come to the forums to lie. Both accs showing the lb with normal winrates. These issues are all population related. The one thing I agree with you is that duo q should not exist. The skill gap is too big between tourny level players and average ranked qs, and the population is too low having 2 on one team will result in very one sided games. Personally i stream and get sniped with alts all the time who are duo'd i much prefer solo only ranked even at the cost of coordination / team building because the population cannot take it. Maybe theyll revisit that, but to lie and say maw(my duo) and I are cheesing you when both are in the top 10 is insanely bad faith.

No, I was not told both accounts are top 10, or rather if I was then I didn't hear it and that was never my understanding. The entire point is that the account was made last week, your partner himself messaged me and told me this. And because you ran him through placement matches, he could get Knight or Baron and knock someone else off the leaderboard. And no, it's not really a population issue. If a top 10 player partners with a fresh account, their MMR will be averaged and therefore face Gold/Silver even in a high population situation.

I don't necessarily blame you for abusing poor game design, and you are certainly talented, but you make an incredibly weak case for the ethics of your behavior. You are clearly running other people for titles. Whether there is money changing hands is not something I can prove, but there is unquestionably VALUE being exchanged at the cost of other players, which degrades the experience for everyone else but you and your partner.

Top players should not be able to offer access to top Leaderboard slots to less talented players.

Edited by gkoogz.3089
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, NotoriousNaru.6241 said:

lmao you are being incredibly bad faith. You were upset in map chat and were told both our accs are in the top 10(no one is being boosted) and then come to the forums to lie. Both accs showing the lb with normal winrates. These issues are all population related. The one thing I agree with you is that duo q should not exist. The skill gap is too big between tourny level players and average ranked qs, and the population is too low having 2 on one team will result in very one sided games. Personally i stream and get sniped with alts all the time who are duo'd i much prefer solo only ranked even at the cost of coordination / team building because the population cannot take it. Maybe theyll revisit that, but to lie and say maw(my duo) and I are cheesing you when both are in the top 10 is insanely bad faith.

Dang, even the cartel sick of duoq now

Was it worth it? 🧑‍🤝‍🧑😆👉🚪

• Like 2

On 8/14/2023 at 7:53 PM, NotoriousNaru.6241 said:

So basically:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKnX5wci404

Yeah, good luck with that. Not all of us were born yesterday.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

Some serious "Leopard ate my face" material lmao!

Fr; apparently we're "in bad faith" now, but back before duoq was added back and we were doing our best impression of the Punisher meme, these same exact people were gaslighting us and calling us friendless nobodies.

Now they've got buyer's remorse and they want sympathy. 😂

What an absolute farce. Honestly. Anet's only ever listened to people like that. If they really wanted duoq gone; it would be gone, and without question, but they don't and it's obvious they don't.

• Thanks 1

On 8/18/2023 at 6:01 AM, arazoth.7290 said:

Petition to the Forum team to consider adding a 😴 reaction

Watching 'top players' duoq is only slightly more exciting than watching paint dry because the paint won't invent colorful slurs and insane rationalizations to justify its drying.

ty tho I haven't been using the dislike button enough recently