Inventions small rework for healers

Noah Salazar.5430

Experimental turrets -> Peak of Efficiency

Whenever you apply protection to a team, you grants 4s fury  

Bunker down -> Medical Emergency 

Using a heal skill casts Lesser Toss Elixir B (boons have -50% duration, stab 3s)

Boons are no longer random 

kitten turrets 🙂

Edited by Noah Salazar.5430
  • Haha 1

I can already see the combinations with your (Peak efficiency trait) 

Combine Peak efficiency, Anticorosion PlatingComeback Cure and Purity of Purpose and boom, now when you apply Protection you will, apply Fury, Convert a condition and apply regeneration which will also both trigger Energy Amplifier and Compounding Chemicals (x4), Now just make sure you play Holosmith and pick Hardlight Arena to pulse protection for up to 12 times which will also trigger Compounding Chemicals an additional (x2) times for each boon application. 

Sounds... preem. 

Edited by jason.1083

17 minutes ago, jason.1083 said:

I can already see the combinations with your (Peak efficiency trait) 

Combine Peak efficiency, Anticorosion PlatingComeback Cure and Purity of Purpose and boom, now when you apply Protection you will, apply Fury, Convert a condition and apply regeneration which will also both trigger Energy Amplifier and Compounding Chemicals (x4), Now just make sure you play Holosmith and pick Hardlight Arena to pulse protection for up to 12 times which will also trigger Compounding Chemicals an additional (x2) times for each boon application. 

Sounds... preem. 

like name suggest 😄

Bro, why you hating on Bunker Down. I love that trait.

Rarly used in end game, and it's only dmg wise trait in that tree

Maybe, just maybe a bit too much synergy though, because remember with Inventions you'll also do all those things when you use your healing skill with the protection it's gonna apply, and if you use shield with Over Shield trait you'll get 2 more skills that can do that. This definitely gonna raise complains about engi having too much trait synergy to the point where 90% of the stuff happening are gonna be background traits working. 

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying it's a bad idea, but maybe it needs a bit more thought put into it for balance purposes. 

Edited by jason.1083

17 minutes ago, jason.1083 said:

Maybe, just maybe a bit too much synergy though, because remember with Inventions you'll also do all those things when you use your healing skill with the protection it's gonna apply, and if you use shield with Over Shield trait you'll get 2 more skills that can do that. This definitely gonna raise complains about engi having too much trait synergy to the point where 90% of the stuff happening are gonna be background traits working. 

Not sure about it, you will gain only more fury, and some healing from  Compounding Chemicals (37hp), even if you trigger it 12 times, it's 444hp+ whats almost equal to 1 Shoothing Detonation

pvp/wvw wise you can decrest duration from 4s to 1-2s

For pve healer rotation i'm talking about is shield 4+sheld5+f1(scrapper)/f2(mechanist)

asuming you will use that 3, it's 12s (24s with 100% concetration) in cause it's too strong, you can make it 2-3s to make more room for alac dps that bring 50% fury

This is not how you fix turrets

Thay need complite redesing 😅

11 minutes ago, Noah Salazar.5430 said:

Not sure about it, you will gain only more fury, and some healing from  Compounding Chemicals (37hp), even if you trigger it 12 times, it's 444hp+ whats almost equal to 1 Shoothing Detonation

pvp/wvw wise you can decrest duration from 4s to 1-2s

For pve healer rotation i'm talking about is shield 4+sheld5+f1(scrapper)/f2(mechanist)

asuming you will use that 3, it's 12s (24s with 100% concetration) in cause it's too strong, you can make it 2-3s to make more room for alac dps that bring 50% fury

Well, ok maybe I'm just thinking of very particular situations where it might be a bit too much, and tbh Hardlight Arena already brings Fury so that would only ensure you overcap on Fury before the skill expires. (Which is the case anyway with high boon duration). 

About the healing though I know 37hp per boon application doesn't sound much but it stacks up, consider you get a max of 5 boons/sec from Hardlight Arena with your trait, that's 190hp/sec+Regen. 

Regardless overall it sounds ok, The Medical Energy doesn't seem bad either, although it would fit into Alchemy instead of Inventions. 

This is not how you fix elixir B. Engi can't have good throw elixirs because it would mean easily doubledipping for massive boons so their effect is always watered down to complement what you get from the selfish version already.

If we get another elixir trait (and imo it should rather replace / modify HGH), elixir throw effects need to have special affects only affecting allies, kind of the reverse of what FmW and stancesharing do. When throwing elxir B you only get the stab but others get more boons on top. Kind of an "overdosing" diminishing return for drinking too much or however you wanna lore that. Throw Elixir C could additionally provide resolution and resistance to allies for a short duration. Throw Elixir U could give quickness to allies (like it used to), throw elixir R could additionally cleanse conditions (like it used to). Throw Elixir S could give aegis or stability. You get the drift.

Elixirs in general are too niche and uninteresting and the ally effects compare very poorly with harbinger elixirs. They should be useful on their own and a worthwhile consideration for various situations rather than get powered entirely through a big chain of trait interactions.