OG Skyscale Collection member

SouthPaw.9705

Concratz.

...But the PoF collection stays the same way it is now. There are no changes at all for it.

Anet only added a alternate collection for the skyscale and most of its masterys in SotO.

If you finish both collections in both addons, your skyscale got stronger in their wall launch and in air rescue they got extra buffs.

Edited by Keymaster.7362
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Keymaster.7362 said:

Concratz.

...But the PoF collection stays the same way it is now. There are no changes at all for it.

Anet only added a alternate collection for the skyscale and most of its masterys in SotO.

If you finish both collections in both addons, your skyscale got stronger in their wall launch and in air rescue they got extra buffs.

If you finish one collection, and both sets of Masteries, your Skyscale has extra benefits.

Edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

39 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

If you finish one collection, and both sets of Masteries, your Skyscale has extra benefits.

You can only unlock the PoF mastery with the PoF collection and the SotO mastery only with the SotO collection.

So you have to finish both collections to unlock both masterys and get your benefits.

Edited by Keymaster.7362
  • Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/22/2023 at 4:24 AM, Keymaster.7362 said:

You can only unlock the PoF mastery with the PoF collection and the SotO mastery only with the SotO collection.

So you have to finish both collections to unlock both masterys and get your benefits.

That is not precisely correct - the new mastery set is unlocked before the soto collection, and soto collection requires you to max out the new mastery to complete it.

So if you did old collection, you do not need to finish new collection to have benefits of both mastery tracks being unlocked.

1 hour ago, Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

That is not precisely correct - the new mastery set is unlocked before the soto collection, and soto collection requires you to max out the new mastery to complete it.

So if you did old collection, you do not need to finish new collection to have benefits of both mastery tracks being unlocked.

To be fair, I wrote this before the official release of SotO, and thanks to ArenaNets lackluster Information sharing, we all only could speculate. And I assumed it would be the same case as with the mounts and glider from EoD.

But I never mentioned the skin collection, I spoke about the egg hunt and hatching collection to earn your own skyscsle. And even if I couldn't find some official confirmation on the wiki, I did hear from some players that with the PoF collection you can skill PoF and SotO masterys but with the SotO Mastery you can't unlock the PoF ones.

Edited by Keymaster.7362
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Keymaster.7362 said:

To be fair, I wrote this before the official release of SotO, and thanks to ArenaNets lackluster Information sharing, we all only could speculate. And I assumed it would be the same case as with the mounts and glider from EoD.

But I never mentioned the skin collection, I spoke about the egg hunt and hatching collection to earn your own skyscsle. And even if I couldn't find some official confirmation on the wiki, I did hear from some players that with the PoF collection you can skill PoF and SotO masterys but with the SotO Mastery you can't unlock the PoF ones.

you are correct, I didn't notice the timestamps, and thread was marked for me as unread and I was sure I have marked it as a whole as read shortly after soto launch 🤔

I was also not referencing the skin collection, I was refering the "new friend" collection that gets unlocked after training first grade on new mastery, and as one of steps requires finishing the mastery, that awards "astral ward skyscale unlock". Skin collection unlocks some time after you finish this one. SotO skyscale mastery get's unlocked when you get through first couple story beats that leads you into skywatch archipelago.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

you are correct, I didn't notice the timestamps, and thread was marked for me as unread and I was sure I have marked it as a whole as read shortly after soto launch 🤔

I was also not referencing the skin collection, I was refering the "new friend" collection that gets unlocked after training first grade on new mastery, and as one of steps requires finishing the mastery, that awards "astral ward skyscale unlock". Skin collection unlocks some time after you finish this one. SotO skyscale mastery get's unlocked when you get through first couple story beats that leads you into skywatch archipelago.

Ah, ok. Thank you for the clarification. Since I had my skyscale for years, I wasn't really able to see that it works exactly that way for new players.

But even if so, SotO only players still have to finish this collection to use their skyscales in the open world and at the end of the day that's the most important part for the most players.

That is the first time in the history of GW2 that you can level your masteries before truely unlocking your mount.

Edited by Keymaster.7362
  • Confused 1