Should Skyscale & Gryphon Be Interchangeable When You Have Both?

The reason I say this is because I have some gryphons skins I absolutely LOVE. But the Skyscale is just flat-out better for moving across the map.

It's 'Gryphon 2.0'.

So I propose that, any account that has both the Gryphon & the Skyscale unlocked for use, can get skyscale flight using either one. Barring gryphon races, of course; Those are still gryphon-only.

Because who's going to use the gryphon to get around when the skyscale does it better? Which means who's going to use gryphon skins when the skyscale has better movement?

So why not let us either:

1. Use gryphon skins on the skyscale. Or
  2. Let us apply skyscale movement to the gryphon.

Again; this is only applicable if the user has both mounts unlocked.

Edited by Akisohida.8963
Typos
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

I wouldn't mind having the option to apply griffon skins to the skyscale but I wouldn't want my griffon to move like the skyscale. I've had both for years and I use both regularly because they have different strengths. (The analogy I've seen other players use is the griffon is a fighter jet and the skyscale is a helicopter.) The skyscale is better for low altitude take-offs, precise landings and when you want to stop and look around but the griffon is faster (even with the skyscales dodge roll factored in) and the dive and swoop mechanic is something the skyscale can't replicate.

I do use the skyscale a lot but the griffon is almost always my default mount, because if I don't have time to think about which one I want and which button that is I probably want to get away quickly and it's ideal for that.

• Like 1

short answer: No.

Long answer: You don't use your griffon very well, it seems. I personally have the griffon, skyscale, roller beetle, raptor, skimmer, and jackal all bound to different keys and I use them all constantly. There are many situations where the griffon is better than the skyscale, basically anywhere you are high up, and I routinely use the skyscale to get altitude, switch to griffon in midair, and then dive to actually travel. I see absolutely no reason why the griffon should just be a cosmetic alternative to the skyscale when it does several things better than the skyscale. Player misuse is not a good justification. 

THey not only work very differently, but use rigs which are likely incompatible with each other's skins.

Having two mounts fulfilling different objectives is a good thing and the griffon is the far superior one here for getting across the map. It's considerably fast and because the maps are in mid dair, you can swoop, pull up and circle over them. The skyscale is a bit more accurate and slower, but the griffon is vastly superior across distance.