Resolution keeps resetting on game startup.

21 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Odd.  My graphics settings were all reset too right after the patch.  Only happened the one time though.

After it happened, I shut down the game, went into %appdata%/Guild Wars 2 and deleted the Local.dat file, then restarted the game.

Unfortunately that didn't work. Resolution resets each time. The only difference is that it's 1920 x 1440 now.

Edited by Lustre Of Havoc.9173
Left out information

DX9 was removed in July, so if that's when it started, it may be a bug with DX11. You can try manually setting your resolution by editing %appdata%\GFXSettings.Gw2-64.exe.xml (look for resolution), but I doubt it'd work.

Does windowed fullscreen have this problem? Full screen under DX11 is actually windowed full screen with a simulated resolution (when not native) and cursor lock.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Healix.5819 said:

You can try manually setting your resolution by editing %appdata%\GFXSettings.Gw2-64.exe.xml (look for resolution), but I doubt it'd work.

I've tried to manually edit that file before and nothing happens.  I think it's created/rewritten from data held in Local.dat when the game starts because you can delete Local.dat only and graphics settings get reset still.  Or at least something is checking it to prevent user input.

Edited by Chaba.5410

1 hour ago, Chaba.5410 said:

I've tried to manually edit that file before and nothing happens.  I think it's created/rewritten from data held in Local.dat when the game starts because you can delete Local.dat only and graphics settings get reset still.  Or at least something is checking it to prevent user input.

GFXSettings acts as override for Local.dat. If you change it and GW2 doesn't use what you set, then GW2 thinks it's an invalid resolution and will select the nearest match. If you set the resolution you want in-game and exit, it should show that resolution in GFXSettings. If it doesn't, you know GW2 isn't saving it either.

• 5 months later...