Please restore 25% movement speed to Superior Rune of the Firework or make 25% movement speed a Relic instead which would be vastly better for the game.

Neo K.9145

There are several classes/specs with zero access to a 25% movement speed buff so the only way these classes had access to that for years was the incredibly sub-par Traveller runes. When the Firework rune was added to the game in 2019 it was a massive improvement. +175 total power, and a really great 6th bonus in might/fury/vigor every 20 seconds. Now with the relic update the 25% movement speed has been removed and replaced with 10% boon duration. Leaving the only PvE option for 25% movement speed as the traveler runes again. There is the Surging rune but that is only available in WvW and HoT accounts, so very inaccessible to PvE players and totally to those who don't own HoT.

Looking at other relics having things like faster revive speed, 25% movement speed should just be made into a relic. This way anyone who wants to use that is giving up their relic slot for the movement speed but not nerfing their character to use subpar runes to get it.

If you are truly unwilling to make it a relic than please restore it to Rune of the Firework so we have a 25% movement speed rune with decent stats and ideally finally bring Rune of the Lynx from PvP to PvE so there is a condi version as well. But seriously, there are only two runes in the entire pve/wvw game with 25% so just remove it from those and make it a relic. 

Another option would be to simply give every class/spec a way to get 25% speed buff via signet or trait but that's a lot more work than adding one more relic or modifying and adding another rune.

I may have missed some here but these are the classes/specs with no access to 25% movement speed other than runes. Some like Engineer have access to it as a core trait but if builds don't use that traitline so they won't get it without a rune.

• Core Guardian
  • Firebrand
  • Core Revenant
  • Renegade
  • Vindicator
  • Core Mesmer
  • Mirage
  • Virtuoso
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Superior Rune of Surging still has the 25% movement speed as its 6th bonus. It just lost the 4 second Shocking Aura with this update. Switch to these and you're good to play around with a different relic.

Edit: nvm, I missed the part where you mentioned HoT exclusive lol
At least this is here for people who own HoT.

Edited by Toraseishin.1932
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Toraseishin.1932 said:

Superior Rune of Surging still has the 25% movement speed as its 6th bonus. It just lost the 4 second Shocking Aura with this update. Switch to these and you're good to play around with a different relic.

Edit: nvm, I missed the part where you mentioned HoT exclusive lol
At least this is here for people who own HoT.

Yeah it's an option but only for HoT owners and both ways of getting it are not easy. WvW requires a ton of time to earn all the testimonies as it's 450 for 6 runes so if you're not a WvW player that takes a really long time. Ley Line Crystals in PvE are one of the easier HoT currencies but it's still 1500 for one set of runes and 12 gold on top of that whereas firework runes were around 6g off the TP for a set before the update.

So even for those who own HoT it's still a horrible option in comparison. The price of Traveller runes is already going up because of this change.

But in my opinion 25% movement speed should just be removed from the runes and made a relic. If relics can have things like revive allies 20% faster than it makes more sense for the 25% movement speed to be a relic than left on just two runes in the entire game outside of pvp and only one easily accessible one.

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Neo K.9145 said:

Yeah it's an option but only for HoT owners and both ways of getting it are not easy. WvW requires a ton of time to earn all the testimonies as it's 450 for 6 runes so if you're not a WvW player that takes a really long time. Ley Line Crystals in PvE are one of the easier HoT currencies but it's still 1500 for one set of runes and 12 gold on top of that whereas firework runes were around 6g off the TP for a set before the update.

So even for those who own HoT it's still a horrible option in comparison. The price of Traveller runes is already going up because of this change.

But in my opinion 25% movement speed should just be removed from the runes and made a relic. If relics can have things like revive allies 20% faster than it makes more sense for the 25% movement speed to be a relic than left on just two runes in the entire game outside of pvp and only one easily accessible one.

The issue with making 25% movement speed a relic is that all current relics are conditional - as in: their effects are activated upon use of a skill type, state or action. This also allows them to have unique visual effects (as some runes like Surging used to have). 25% movement speed on the other hand, is a passive constant like every other stat bonus in runes.

So it would make more sense to me to just add it back to Rune of the Fireworks as its 6th bonus, or just add a new Core rune with movement speed to differentiate it from Rune of Surging. As with all runes, we choose them based on our builds and play-styles, and every choice comes with trade-offs. Those of us who want 25% movement speed would just prioritize it over another stat like power or ferocity.

Edited by Toraseishin.1932
typo

32 minutes ago, Toraseishin.1932 said:

The issue with making 25% movement speed a relic is that all current relics are conditional - as in: their effects are activated upon use of a skill type, state or action. This also allows them to have unique visual effects (as some runes like Surging used to have). 25% movement speed on the other hand, is a passive constant like every other stat bonus in runes.

So it would make more sense to me to just add it back to Rune of the Fireworks as its 6th bonus, or just add a new Core rune with movement speed to differentiate it from Rune of Surging. As with all runes, we choose them based on our builds and play-styles, and every choice comes with trade-offs. Those of us who want 25% movement speed would just prioritize it over another stat like power or ferocity.

That is a good point though I would consider https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Relic_of_the_Warrior Relic of the Warrior to essentially be a passive relic. Now yes it technically is activated on weapon swap but there is not any requirement to make it happen you just have that passive effect. So I would argue that 25% movement speed is the same as that.

I do believe that making it a relic makes the most sense but if they truly are against that then yes, restoring it to fireworks and ideally adding rune of the lynx to PvE/WvW would be the best alternative solution.

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Neo K.9145 said:

That is a good point though I would consider https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Relic_of_the_Warrior Relic of the Warrior to essentially be a passive relic. Now yes it technically is activated on weapon swap but there is not any requirement to make it happen you just have that passive effect. So I would argue that 25% movement speed is the same as that.

I see what you mean. Relic of Dwayna (20% more regeneration effect) and Mercy (revive allies faster) would also fall under that passive effect. However, none of those are flat stats, and still would only show up under the condition that you weapon swap/apply regen/revive an ally.
25% movement speed is, again, a constant passive stat boost like power or ferocity. It's always there (unless you're inflicted with a slow condition) and doesn't require you to do anything to get it.
Also worth mentioning again: Adding 25% movement speed as a relic would likely result in removing it from existing runes for the sake of balance (so people don't stack up to 50% passive movement speed), and taking that relic would then prevent you from playing around with other unique build options that the relic system opens up. Let's face it - a passive stat as a relic would be incredibly boring compared to the existing conditional relics like Relic of the Wizard's Tower 😉

So yea - hopefully they add more rune options with movement speed for more build diversity and play-style accommodation. Seems like we're going to be stuck in this transitional period for a bit while they work through these oversights and form a clearer vision for the relic system. Good idea, but rocky execution thus far >< lol

7 minutes ago, Toraseishin.1932 said:

I see what you mean. Relic of Dwayna (20% more regeneration effect) and Mercy (revive allies faster) would also fall under that passive effect. However, none of those are flat stats, and still would only show up under the condition that you weapon swap/apply regen/revive an ally.
25% movement speed is, again, a constant passive stat boost like power or ferocity. It's always there (unless you're inflicted with a slow condition) and doesn't require you to do anything to get it.
Also worth mentioning again: Adding 25% movement speed as a relic would likely result in removing it from existing runes for the sake of balance (so people don't stack up to 50% passive movement speed), and taking that relic would then prevent you from playing around with other unique build options that the relic system opens up. Let's face it - a passive stat as a relic would be incredibly boring compared to the existing conditional relics like Relic of the Wizard's Tower 😉

So yea - hopefully they add more rune options with movement speed for more build diversity and play-style accommodation. Seems like we're going to be stuck in this transitional period for a bit while they work through these oversights and form a clearer vision for the relic system. Good idea, but rocky execution thus far >< lol

Very rocky execution indeed and even some of the interesting relics since bing linked to elite skill makes them not work well with classes with long elites or elites you don't want to be spamming.

If they did add it as a relic then of course I'd assume it would be removed from the remaining two(three with pvp) runes. I don't think it would stack though as I'm pretty sure there is a hard limit of 33% max movement speed as the only way past is other unique ways. For example 25% movement speed +33% swiftness is not 58% it's 33% as swiftness is just a buff over the default 100. Lots of great data on this at the wiki https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Movement_Speed

Personally I'd be the happiest if they put it into a relic or better yet just give every single class/spec access to it either through a signet or trait.

But I'd also be just fine if it's returned to Firework rune as the 6th bonus and ideally bring rune of the pack over from PvP so there is a condi variant. 

• Confused 1

• 4 weeks later...