8. Into the Obscure story step stuck [Merged]

I'm currently stuck at the story step 8. Into the Obscure where I need to use the motivation to enhance the Heart to locate a higher-tier target. I didn't receive the motivation item from Second Hunter Kamilla. 

I have reset this story step before. I think resetting the story step may have bugged the story for me. I reset this story step before because I had another issue where I couldn't progress even if I tried to go, scan, and kill the Tier 2 rifts. 

I have submitted a support ticket also for this.

• Like 5

pretty much same happened here, I got the item, went and killed T2, item disappeared, no progress, smh

wish they'd just make it so Kamilla would give you the item again
also ticket here

EDIT: you can buy the uncommon motivation on the trading post, then use it while in amnytas and do a T2 while the buff is active

Edited by Caluber.4109
  • Like 4

Just noticed, You can also buy the motivation from the TP.
Current price 7gold. Whereas probably it is overpriced for sure. 
You can either buy it or wait support to fix it 🙂
Let the price rise... Like Joko!

Edited by Riikuu.8234
type2
  • Like 1

I've also submitted a ticket for this (9041087) but I wanted to post here for visibility.  Here is what is blocking progress.

I am on chapter 8 of SotO, and it instructed me to use a "Motivation" to start hunting tier 2 rifts. I consumed the motivation, and defeated a tier two rift, and then disconnected from the game. When I logged back on, the story step was rewound to "Complete a tier 2 rift" but the motivation in my inventory was gone. I can't get another one when talking to second Hunter Kamilla. I tried starting this chapter of the story over again, but when I reached the point where I'm supposed to be given the Motivation - the game just told me that I collected this item already and can't get another one.   Now my story step is stuck on "Use a motivation to hunt higher tier rifts" but I can't be given another motivation so I can't progress the story step.  I tried completing a tier 2 rift that someone else had started, but this did not count and the step still just says, "Use a motivation to hunt higher tier rifts".  I'm unable to progress in the story - please help.

• Like 3

After I used the initial one and losing out on it because the map reset, I cannot get a new T2 rift from it. Thought this is a bug that it's a one time use (not sure if its infinte uses?) but if you restart the story for 8. Into the Obscure, you will be unable to get the item from there on out. So it feels like I'm just softlocked out from progressing through the story.

More to this, if you consume it to activate a T2 rift, it gets yeeted from your inventory and it's worse if the map is going to  close on you.

Note: I DO NOT have the Mastery for this and it is FRUSTRATING that I have to go down that mastery line just to craft a new one.

Edited by oCynder.5136
  • Like 1

Was given a gizmo to get a tier 2 rift, went and drew one out, then the map closed. Gizmo is gone. Tried restarting the story again, but can't get another gizmo. Can't get a tier 2 rift. Stuck on the story step. Someone else on the map also had no gizmo and couldn't get the tier 2 rift. 

Tried for 45 min to find a tier 2 rift, but can't find one. No idea where they come from or where this gizmo comes from. Still stuck. Trying to redo the story step before Mabon's Fate and hoping it will reset. 

Edited by Monchichi.9301
added info
  • Sad 1

I just ran into this problem too except I lost my gizmo after helping someone else with theirs.  I didn't think it would soft-lock me for not using mine before.  I just defeated another T2 and as expected, didn't change anything.  Hopefully they will fix this.

• Confused 1

The reset made it worse. I am now stuck on the Use the motivation to enhance the Heart step and have no motivation. She didn't give me anything.

I can see she has recipes, but the one for the gizmo I need I can't even buy. 

Edited by Monchichi.9301
added info
  • Haha 1

Support is telling me I have to make a box;. They said that's what other people stuck on this step are having to do. 

Which means I have to do the Astral masteries to be able to buy the recipe. And I've no idea what it costs to make a box. The only recipes I can buy from the NPC use a mystic clover. 

This is horrible. The map literally closed on me right after the meta and I'm completely borked. 

Why does a story step require an item that needs mastery to craft if things don't go perfectly? This is horrible.