New weapon mastery combinations

Teknomancer.4895

I had to try an Axe/Shield Virt just for a laugh, and it delivered. I didn't try to optimize anything or do much with it, I just wanted to see what it was like. It was funny but because I wasn't trying to make it work the DPS was pretty bad. I don't know if it could be made into a viable thing or not, I just tried it for the lulz.

Has anyone come across any new and interesting combinations that might actually be viable? 🙃

What was your build?

I don't see a benefit Virtuoso can have with Axe. It just seems to give up most of what makes Virtuoso good and doesn't have the synergies with the axe clones.

Virtuoso doesn't have clones for Axe 3. It just seems to have slow blade generation, short range clumsy attacks.

I think Mirage with Shield and Chrono with Dagger are the best Weapon Mastery options for Mesmer.

Dagger Mirage seems workable for PVP/WVW but the daze won't be as useful in PVE and it just doesn't really seem to add anything else useful for a Mirage... Unless you just really want to use Shield but don't want to be in melee.

Once I'm home I'm going to be trying a Sword+Focus/Dagger+Shield Chronomancer. Sword+Focus is obvious as commonly used and I plan to stick to that (and I enjoy it). I never really liked Greatsword on Mesmer, so having Dagger as a ranged option and Shield for defenses is great. Dive in with Sword+Focus, do damage, jump out with Dagger+Shield and keep pressure while playing it safe. Will probably use more Illusion utilities than I normally do though, for extra clone generation.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dalent.9358 said:

Once I'm home I'm going to be trying a Sword+Focus/Dagger+Shield Chronomancer. Sword+Focus is obvious as commonly used and I plan to stick to that (and I enjoy it). I never really liked Greatsword on Mesmer, so having Dagger as a ranged option and Shield for defenses is great. Dive in with Sword+Focus, do damage, jump out with Dagger+Shield and keep pressure while playing it safe. Will probably use more Illusion utilities than I normally do though, for extra clone generation.

So will you be swapping out the Domination traitline for Illusion?

It sounds fun but like it will be a massive drop in DPS.

I had respecced my Chronomancer to a Virtuoso back in early June. But yesterday after unlocking the weapon mastery I respecced back to Chrono but I'm trying a full ranged capable version with Dagger and Greatsword.  Sword on Mesmer just feels clunky and I love that I can generate a clone with the dagger while using one of my damaging attacks.

Edited by Roadkizzle.2157

1 hour ago, Roadkizzle.2157 said:

What was your build?

I don't see a benefit Virtuoso can have with Axe.

It was basically just a generic variation on a power build. I didn't mess around with gear or anything, just changed a couple of weapon-specific traits since those weren't in use. I wasn't trying to make it work, I was just trying to see if it would look as absurd in actual use as I thought it would.

Since we have the possibility to make all sorts of weird stuff, might as well start eliminating the sillier options right away, no? 😆

After I get through a bit more of the new content with a build I know, I'll probably give some actual theorycrafting a go.

1 hour ago, Roadkizzle.2157 said:

So will you be swapping out the Domination traitline for Illusion?

It sounds fun but like it will be a massive drop in DPS.

I had respecced my Chronomancer to a Virtuoso back in early June. But yesterday after unlocking the weapon mastery I respecced back to Chrono but I'm trying a full ranged capable version with Dagger and Greatsword.  Sword on Mesmer just feels clunky and I love that I can generate a clone with the dagger while using one of my damaging attacks.

I'll still be taking the Domination line, just not the Bountiful Blades trait. I am expecting a DPS loss overall though, yes.

5 hours ago, Uete.3805 said:

I'm having a lot of fun with GS + Dagger/Sword on power boon Chrono. Can give perma alac or quickness by changing just one trait and is full ranged damaged. 10/10 would recommend.

Sounds fun! Mind sharing the build? 🙂

53 minutes ago, Jonas.2079 said:

I'm not this person but I'll guess the exact same build every single Chrono has used since the June update. Domination 1,2,1 Dueling 1,3,1, Chronomancer 2,3,x

One Greatsword and a Dagger/Sword.

All gear a mix of Berserker and Assassin. Nothing else needed.

It is the one Chronomancer build to rule them all.

19 hours ago, Jonas.2079 said:

Exactly as Roadkizzle says:

19 hours ago, Roadkizzle.2157 said:

I'm not this person but I'll guess the exact same build every single Chrono has used since the June update. Domination 1,2,1 Dueling 1,3,1, Chronomancer 2,3,x

One Greatsword and a Dagger/Sword.

All gear a mix of Berserker and Assassin. Nothing else needed.

It is the one Chronomancer build to rule them all.

I'll just add a couple things:

+ Make sure you have 75% crit chance so that you get to 100% with Fury. A good option is to use a Sigil of Accuracy (alongside a sigil of Force) on each weapon set.

+ Use runes of the Scholar + Relic of the Thief

+ For utilites go with Signet of the Ether, Well of Action, Well of Calamity, Phantasmal Disenchanter and Well of Gravity.

+ Build 3 clones initally with your sword phantasm, dagger 2 and GS 2 and shatter them with Continuum Split

+ Use your GS4 and all utilities and elite within that time and then use all your available phantasms twice thanks to Signet of the Ether

You will puke quickness and alacrity while making your dps friends blush

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Uete.3805 said:

Exactly as Roadkizzle says:

I'll just add a couple things:

+ Make sure you have 75% crit chance so that you get to 100% with Fury. A good option is to use a Sigil of Accuracy (alongside a sigil of Force) on each weapon set.

+ Use runes of the Scholar + Relic of the Thief

+ For utilites go with Signet of the Ether, Well of Action, Well of Calamity, Phantasmal Disenchanter and Well of Gravity.

+ Build 3 clones initally with your sword phantasm, dagger 2 and GS 2 and shatter them with Continuum Split

+ Use your GS4 and all utilities and elite within that time and then use all your available phantasms twice thanks to Signet of the Ether

You will puke quickness and alacrity while making your dps friends blush

So do you use full Assassins equipment?

I'm trying to figure out how you get 75% Crit Chance using Runes of the Scholar.

Those Runes seem so much less useful now that the 6th bonus doesn't include the damage boost.

And they really don't seem worth the high cost they are on the Trading Post.

Do you have any idea how much the build would change using more Berserkers gear and using the Runes of Infiltration or Ranger to get the Precision needed?

I will say I think Well of Senility is also viable to use in place of Well of Action. You trade Might generation for CC and Breakbar damage but the skills damage is the same.

On 8/25/2023 at 4:11 PM, Roadkizzle.2157 said:

So do you use full Assassins equipment?

I'm trying to figure out how you get 75% Crit Chance using Runes of the Scholar.

You are totally right, I made the build so long ago I forgot I used the Runes of the Eagle for the extra precision. With those you can go full berserker with sigil of Accuracy to get to 75%. My bad! (Changed it in the original to avoid further confusion, although that's quite mesmer-inspired)