Astral Amor Same Price or Maybe even more Expensive than Actual Legendary Armor [Merged]

1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I don't know how you got this number, but -as far as I understand what wiki says- that value is pretty much a minimum of what you get, not the average. The minimum for rifts is 9 (pre-event min. 3 + boss min. 6), unless you have rift mastery then that minimum changes to 13. Max is 20. Average of 9-20 or 13-20 sure isn't 10. And that doesn't even touch the weekly chests you get for clearing 5 rifts per map in -pretty sure- 5 different maps per week (which summs up to 30 additional chests with t1-3 essences), because that way the minimum/average also increases.

I used 10 as I was trying to pull from memory.  I would not include the weekly chests in the calculation of how many mats you would get as that would be misleading.  They would have to be listed separately or you'd have to do only 30 rifts a week which would then in itself be acting like a timegate.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

5 minutes ago, Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

just for starters:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guild-wars-2-secrets-of-the-obscure-launches-today/

in earlier blogs they referred to these as "higher tiers of rifts"

Then by all means link the blogs that state that the higher tiers of rifts doesn't just refer to going to tier 3.  What you linked doesn't back up your claim.

• Confused 4

9 hours ago, enigmatic.3576 said:

A new map will do nothing to increase the amount of rift mats you can obtain over time. 

No, but the new rift level thats getting added probably will

The new map will not add new sources of map specific currency.

You currently need 18 metas worth of map specific currency.   There are somewhere around 10 times that many days to do that meta before you even have the chance to see exactly what you need from zone 3. 

How has something that requires a group of people in the OW ever gotten easier over time in this game? 

Literally every piece of open world has gotten easier over time in this game.   HoT meta events are doable with 12-15 people now.  We had 18 for the echowald meta a few days ago.    

Legendaries are designed to take a significant time investment. 

Edited by Barraind.7324
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, enigmatic.3576 said:

Then by all means link the blogs that state that the higher tiers of rifts doesn't just refer to going to tier 3.  What you linked doesn't back up your claim.

My claim was: they will be adding higher tiers of rifts, which will most likely drop more of essences we have right now.

In case you failed to notice there is one declaration of a fact in there, and one speculation.

The source provided supports the factual bit (higher tier rift content - the copy pasted row from the table from the link specifically was called "Rift hunting").

Speculative part is only logical - there would be no point adding higher rifts destinied for groups if they didn't reward more than the on launch 3 tiers of rifts.

As for older blogs "not just referring to Tier 3" - because those blogs stated that there will be more rift tiers in subsequent quarterly releases, so it cannot be about tier 3 which shipped on release.

6 minutes ago, Barraind.7324 said:

You currently need 18 metas worth of map specific currency.   There are somewhere around 10 times that many days to do that meta before you even have the chance to see exactly what you need from zone 3. 

Does that estimation take into consideration hero choice chest giving the ready thingies that are otherwise 500 of map currency?

Edited by Lord Trejgon.2809
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, enigmatic.3576 said:

I used 10 as I was trying to pull from memory.  I would not include the weekly chests in the calculation of how many mats you would get as that would be misleading.  They would have to be listed separately or you'd have to do only 30 rifts a week which would then in itself be acting like a timegate.

So you just made a low, uninformed estimate and tried building your point on that? Ok then. 
Including weekly chests would make it misleading? How? Didn't you literally write: "The timegates only become relevant for those players who play long enough during the week to reach them." which directly points at you attempting to build an argument from the standpoint of people being unable to reach any caps of other methods? You argue "for" people with limited time, but when it's pointed out first batch of weekly rifts actually brings you higher loot (which does mean "minimums/averages" are even higher), you call this... "misleading"? By what logic, other than just trying to downplay the values in any way you can?

Either you explain to other people that timegates/caps are irrelevant because a lot of players won't reach them anyways, at which point these bonus chests DO make a tangible difference in the values those players get
or
you argue that those chests don't make much of a difference when people farm those events a lot, at which point it absolutely is meaningful that the essense acquisition isn't timegated/capped.

Somehow you're trying to argue in this thread that caps wouldn't matter, but at the same time bonus weekly chests aren't meaningful. I don't see how you're trying to go with both of these arguments at the same time.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

Does that estimation take into consideration hero choice chest giving the ready thingies that are otherwise 500 of map currency?

The chests give either the 1 purchasable item or the equivalent in map currency (or a rare weapon), right?

Ive been shoving my choice chests into the bank until i decide what to do with any of it. 

Edited by Barraind.7324
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, Barraind.7324 said:

No, but the new rift level thats getting added probably will

Source?

38 minutes ago, Barraind.7324 said:

What does this have to do with what I said?  Please look back on what I was replying to.

39 minutes ago, Barraind.7324 said:

Literally every piece of open world has gotten easier over time in this game.   HoT meta events are doable with 12-15 people now.  We had 18 for the echowald meta a few days ago.    

How much easier have PoF metas gotten?  How often is Serpent's Ire done?  How easy has it been to do expansion event chains?  How about events on LS maps that don't have infusion drops?  Can I go to Lake Doric and do the group events as easily as I could when that content was current?  You are completely wrong that open world content has only gotten easier to do.

• Confused 4

41 minutes ago, Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

My claim was: they will be adding higher tiers of rifts, which will most likely drop more of essences we have right now.

In case you failed to notice there is one declaration of a fact in there, and one speculation.

The source provided supports the factual bit (higher tier rift content - the copy pasted row from the table from the link specifically was called "Rift hunting").

Speculative part is only logical - there would be no point adding higher rifts destinied for groups if they didn't reward more than the on launch 3 tiers of rifts.

As for older blogs "not just referring to Tier 3" - because those blogs stated that there will be more rift tiers in subsequent quarterly releases, so it cannot be about tier 3 which shipped on release.

You claimed that we would be getting more rift tiers beyond T3 but provided no source that backs that up.  I should not have to go back and search through older blogs just to verify something that you claimed which could very well be wrong or a misinterpretation.  A misinterpretation that could very well just be referring to the existing masteries that we already got.

• Confused 4

41 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

So you just made a low, uninformed estimate and tried building your point on that? Ok then. 
Including weekly chests would make it misleading? How? Didn't you literally write: "The timegates only become relevant for those players who play long enough during the week to reach them." which directly points at you attempting to build an argument from the standpoint of people being unable to reach any caps of other methods? You argue "for" people with limited time, but when it's pointed out first batch of weekly rifts actually brings you higher loot (which does mean "minimums/averages" are even higher), you call this... "misleading"? By what logic, other than just trying to downplay the values in any way you can?

Either you explain to other people that timegates/caps are irrelevant because a lot of players won't reach them anyways, at which point these bonus chests DO make a tangible difference in the values those players get
or
you argue that those chests don't make much of a difference when people farm those events a lot, at which point it absolutely is meaningful that the essense acquisition isn't timegated/capped.

Somehow you're trying to argue in this thread that caps wouldn't matter, but at the same time bonus weekly chests aren't meaningful. I don't see how you're trying to go with both of these arguments at the same time.

It is misleading.  As you're inflating a per hour metric with something that you only obtain for the first hour.   Many years ago someone made the claim that Drytop could get you 60+ gold per hour.  A large chunk of that were daily recipes that you crafted using the materials.  Would you honestly make the claim to someone that they would earn 60G/hour?  Probably not because that would be misleading.  You would track that separately instead.

• Confused 4

6 minutes ago, enigmatic.3576 said:

It is misleading.  As you're inflating a per hour metric with something that you only obtain for the first hour.   Many years ago someone made the claim that Drytop could get you 60+ gold per hour.  A large chunk of that were daily recipes that you crafted using the materials.  Would you honestly make the claim to someone that they would earn 60G/hour?  Probably not because that would be misleading.  You would track that separately instead.

Did you read and understand this part of my post?

or

Because it doesn't seem like it. Also considering you didn't know the values in your initial post, chances are you also didn't (or still don't) know the values of the chests. Make sure you know what you're talking about before you try discussing it.
It's not "inflating" anything, it's simply a reward that the game provides the players who don't care about any timegates or caps because they wouldn't reach them anyways. Addres this directly or stop repeating "misleading", because it's not misleading.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

Please stay within the context of what I was discussing.  What you listed below has nothing to do with group content nor account bound materials tied to them that are needed for legendaries.

8 hours ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

There are tons of examples for open world resources or unique resuources becoming easier to acquire over time:

- dungeon tokens and skins 

- season materials, both season 3 as well as season 4

- leather farm after leather spiked

- easier/faster access to unbound/volatile magic

- more/faster/easier access to mystic clovers

- more longterm supply into the game (Antique Summoning Stones)

and more.

Some of the resources which where unique to specific tasks where spread out to other areas of the game.

The overall amount of materials required seems fine when compared to timegated materials. This is not something you are supposed to acquire in 1 week (even if it might be possible for hardcore farmers).

Anyone with limited game time should not be surprised that something designed around content which some players play 6-10 hours per day (or more) might seem grindy to them. 

The alternative would have been artificial timegates, and we know how players looooove those.

• Confused 4

1 minute ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Did you read and understand this part of my post?

Beacause it doesn't seem like it. Also considering you didn't know the values in your initial post, chances are you also didn't (or still don't) know the values of the chests. Make sure you know what you're talking about before you try discussing it.

Did you read and understand what I said in my post?  Make sure you know what you're talking about before you try discussing it.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, enigmatic.3576 said:

Did you read and understand what I said in my post?  Make sure you know what you're talking about before you try discussing it.

Yeah, go check the actual values and address what I wrote because baselessly repeating "misleading" isn't that.
It's not "inflating" anything, it's simply a reward that the game provides the players who don't care about any timegates or caps because they wouldn't reach them anyways. Addres this directly or stop repeating "misleading", because it's not misleading.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Yeah, go check the actual values and address what I wrote because baselessly repeating "misleading" isn't that.

Yeah go read my post where I was referring to you including weekly time-gated quantities in a per hour metric is misleading.   If a Dragonfall awards 20G/hr on average but there's a bonus 20G per week for completion, would you make the claim that Dragonfall awards 40G per hour?

Edited by enigmatic.3576
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, enigmatic.3576 said:

Yeah go read my post where I was referring to you including weekly time-gated quantities in a per hour metric is misleading. 

or

Stop dodging, the metric is in no way misleading, it's a direct increase of loot for the cases you attempted to argue for since the start and so it's a direct increase for minimum/average value which you badly lowballed right from the start of your "argument".

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

Just now, Sobx.1758 said:

or

Stop dodging, the metric is in no way misleading, it's a direct increase of loot for the cases you attempted to argue for since the start.

You're dodging when I'm saying that including a weekly time-gated quantity in a per hour quantity metric is misleading.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

You're dodging when I'm saying that including a weekly time-gated quantity in a per hour quantity metric is misleading.

The post you've just quoted explains exactly why this is not misleading and you have yet to address it in any way. I'm not the one dodging here, but good luck with that. 🤷‍♂️

Now you can keep repeating what I type back to me while you clearly keep avoiding addressing what I wrote as if that somehow is supposed to help make your point. Too bad(?) it just does the opposite.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

Just now, Sobx.1758 said:

The post you've just quoted explains exactly why this is not misleading and you have yet to address it in any way. I'm not the one dodging here, but good luck with that. 🤷‍♂️

So if Dragonfall awards players 20G per hour on average but a weekly achievement gives a bonus of 10G, does this means that the meta now rewards 30G per hour?  You don't include weekly time-gated quantities in a per hour metric as it is misleading and the number will vary from person to person depending on the number of runs that they did that week.

• Confused 3

So if Dragonfall awards players 20G per hour on average but a weekly achievement gives a bonus of 10G, does this means that the meta now rewards 30G per hour?  You don't include weekly time-gated quantities in a per hour metric as it is misleading and the number will vary from person to person depending on the number of runs that they did that week.

Stop making bad straman arguments at directly respond to what I wrote since what I wrote already directly addresses the point you're somehow trying to make here again:

or

Stop dodging, the metric is in no way misleading, it's a direct increase of loot for the cases you attempted to argue for since the start and so it's a direct increase for minimum/average value which you badly lowballed right from the start of your "argument".

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Stop making bad straman arguments at directly respond to what I wrote:

or

It's not a strawman because you don't like it.  This is what started this chain:

And that doesn't even touch the weekly chests you get for clearing 5 rifts per map in -pretty sure- 5 different maps per week (which summs up to 30 additional chests with t1-3 essences), because that way the minimum/average also increases.

You're including a weekly time-gated quantity of rift materials in a calculation of how many rift materials someone would get per rift.  This is misleading.  The number will very between someone that does 30 rifts, someone that does 60 rifts, someone that does 90 rifts, and so on during that week.  That is how math works.  This is why I'm saying that that quantity would need to be tracked separately.  

Also please don't make up me stating that caps don't matter.  I've never said that.

Anyway, I'm done going back and forth on this.  It's fairly evident that you're not seeing what I'm speaking about and I don't feel like dragging this out for pages which I have seen you do in other threads.  Just agree to disagree.

EDIT #1:

Just to add another thing I realized that I should mention, even though I should have to be preemptive just in case, I was never disagreeing with players not earning more over time by doing the weeklies.  This should be evident my statements saying that those mats should be tracked separately but I wouldn't put it past some people to ignore than hence this edit.

As for the quantity per rift, the 10 was an estimate to give an idea on how much time one for just one material could take.  People often overlook the time element in hours something takes.  I did the weekly rifts yesterday and it took 70 minutes for our group to go through them which was about 3 min each.  A lot of time spent on travel time between rifts.  At 3 min and 15 T1 rift mats, that comes out to 70 hours and would be 52.5 hours at 20 rift mats.  The actual number will vary between that depending on your group's efficiency and travel time between rifts.  

EDIT #2:

The reason why I'm ignoring what you keep reposting over and over is because those are made up arguments that you said came from me.  I know better than to delve into tangents when people unintentionally, or intentionally, twist or make up what someone says. This is especially the case when it comes from those who are on the forum all the time and always insert themselves into everything.  It's only leads to a road of annoyance which I'd rather not go down.

I briefly touch on those two however.  I never said that time-gates/caps were irrelevant as this was made up by you.  Perhaps you just confused me with someone else or assumed that because I disagreed with you about whatever then I must also disagree you about that.  Linken was the one who kept bringing up timegating over and over so perhaps that is what caused the confusion over my post(s) or at least what I hope is confusion.

I never said that those weekly chests didn't make a difference as that was also made up by you.  I specifically stated that they should be tracked separately from the per run or per hour metric.  That is very different from saying that the don't make a difference.

Edited by enigmatic.3576
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, enigmatic.3576 said:

How much easier have PoF metas gotten?  How often is Serpent's Ire done? 

Significantly.  Serpents Ire got nerfed hard with IBS waystations.   Its not done very often because its a tedious meta that rewards 60s and no unique rewards.  MOST Pof metas are garbage in that regard, the exception being pinata, which is 1 minute worth of investment (grab a couple coins, wait, repeat, repeat, 10 second boss mob) for a chance at an infusion. 

People do HoT metas because you can get guaranteed stat-and-slot selectable exotics (the best way to gear out most affixes pre-legendary), infusions, currency used for a number of things (including raid legendary armor, specialization weapons, and cosmetics), and significantly better bag and generic currency rewards.   People will do SoTO  metas and events because they drop unique things (and you need to do a lot of content for mastery completion anyway). 

Edited by Barraind.7324
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

It's not a strawman because you don't like it.  This is what started this chain:

I agree, it is NOT "a strawman because I don't like it", it IS a strawman because you avoid addressing what I wrote and make up different scenarios to put in that place instead.

You're including a weekly time-gated quantity of rift materials in a calculation of how many rift materials someone would get per rift.  This is misleading.  The number will very between someone that does 30 rifts, someone that does 60 rifts, someone that does 90 rifts, and so on during that week.  That is how math works.  This is why I'm saying that that quantity would need to be tracked separately.  

Also please don't make up me stating that caps don't matter.  I've never said that.

Anyway, I'm done going back and forth on this.  It's fairly evident that you're not seeing what I'm speaking about and I don't feel like dragging this out for pages which I have seen you do in other threads.  Just agree to disagree.

Again, it's not misleading since you were "building" your argument starting from false, lowballed numbers of the loot AND tried to dismiss the relevance of lack of timegate/cap "because people would need to first reach that cap for it to count". Meaning that you did NOT consider that from the perspective of some heavy farmers and with that simple fact, the initial weekly boost of loot IS tangible and substantial.
Which is also what was specifically pointed out here and what you refused to address over and over aaaand over again:

or

So no, it is not inflated, it uses the setting of specific players YOU decided to discuss here. Now you're changing take, but at that point... I guess you understand your earlier claim about timegates being irrelevant is wrong. Seems like an easy estimate that you're not addressing it, because you want to be able to swap your argued perspective in every other post, whenever you need. So you're not arguing any actual situation, you're choosing to argue both while nitpicking negatives when the positives outweight them anyways. Either the players play less, at which point weekly clears ARE relevant, tangible and clearly change the averages OR the players play a lot and have the upside of not caring about any cap. Let me know which part of the whole post is unclear. Otherwise you're simply refusing to address it because you know you have nothing to respond to it and we're done I guess.

I'm not making up anything about you saying things about timegates (which in this context is the same as CAPping the currency acquisition), I quoted it exactly here: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/136164-astral-amor-same-price-or-maybe-even-more-expensive-than-actual-legendary-armor-merged/page/5/#comment-1979226 and I don't see the reason to keep copy pasting that quote every single time I mention it, so I use a shorter form for convenience.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, Barraind.7324 said:

Significantly.  Serpents Ire got nerfed hard with IBS waystations.   Its not done very often because its a tedious meta that rewards 60s and no unique rewards.  MOST Pof metas are garbage in that regard, the exception being pinata, which is 1 minute worth of investment (grab a couple coins, wait, repeat, repeat, 10 second boss mob) for a chance at an infusion. 

People do HoT metas because you can get guaranteed stat-and-slot selectable exotics (the best way to gear out most affixes pre-legendary), infusions, currency used for a number of things (including raid legendary armor, specialization weapons, and cosmetics), and significantly better bag and generic currency rewards.   People will do SoTO  metas and events because they drop unique things (and you need to do a lot of content for mastery completion anyway). 

So if a player today wants to do Serpent's Ire, they'll have a significantly easier time trying to do it than they would have when PoF was released?  Something being nerfed means little if nobody is doing it hardly at all.  This is what I was using as a basis when it came to something not being easier over time.  People have complained about nobody really doing the event chains on HoT maps (not the boss metas with exception of VB).  Yes they do get done but nowhere near how they were at launch hence they did not get easier over time.  Other maps are no different.  Yes the lack of rewards is one of the contributing factors and that's no different for SotO maps. 

• Confused 4

4 hours ago, Barraind.7324 said:

The chests give either the 1 purchasable item or the equivalent in map currency (or a rare weapon), right?

Ive been shoving my choice chests into the bank until i decide what to do with any of it. 

1 purchasable, but unsure if map currency is equivalent, never looked at the amount tbh - saw the thing I remembered needed for leg armor, and have stuck to that so far 🙂

3 hours ago, enigmatic.3576 said:

You claimed that we would be getting more rift tiers beyond T3 but provided no source that backs that up.  I should not have to go back and search through older blogs just to verify something that you claimed which could very well be wrong or a misinterpretation.  A misinterpretation that could very well just be referring to the existing masteries that we already got.

The source I provided was sufficient. But regardless I will humour you on this one:

In a future update, you’ll be able to progress to even deadlier hunts designed for larger groups of players.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/first-contact-the-kryptis-and-rift-hunting/

players will be seeking out and fully opening baby rifts across the game world, killing everything that emerges, and defeating the kryptis boss, thereby looting its essence and using it to build gear. The studio says that initially, rifts will open in “several explorable zones” across Tyria, Cantha, and the Crystal Desert, as well as the new expansion zones. While the team is planning more challenging rifts “in a future update,” the rifts do scale to the player group, with the implication being they can be tackled solo.

https://massivelyop.com/2023/08/01/guild-wars-2-teases-secrets-of-the-obscures-new-kryptis-enemies-and-rift-hunting-mechanics/

+ the roadmap, specifically stating which quarterly update will get what kind of "higher tier rifts" that I have already provided.

At this point I have proven beyond any reasonable doubt that AN is planning to release "higher tiers" of nascent rift content with quarterly updates, aimed at groups, and most likely providing more essences thant the 3 tiers of the rifts we have currently.

People have complained about nobody really doing the event chains on HoT maps (not the boss metas with exception of VB).  Yes they do get done but nowhere near how they were at launch hence they did not get easier over time. 

Interest in running event chains in HoT map did not die out due to "lack of rewards" but because AN have detached them from their original meta events due to complaints that full rewards from HoT Meta events required you to invest approx 2h of your time in advance to run all those chains to their conclusion.