Completed 'A New Friend' but didn't receive the astral ward skyscale skin.

Someone can correct me if I am wrong but weren't we supposed to get a new skin for the skyscale if we already had the skyscale unlocked after completing this achievement?

I did the achievement and got a bouncy chest but nothing unlocked. I would like to note that I still have skyscale access so its not that bug but I don't know if its related at all.

Edited by Jungle Quack.1368
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Literally nothing in that post mentions the astral ward skyscale skin or ANY skyscale skin for that matter.

Edit: The only info I can find is that the collection is supposed to unlock an hour after you finish 'A new friend.' Seeing as it's been way over an hour this doesn't appear to work for me.

Edited by Jungle Quack.1368
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, judge freak.7804 said:

Known issue, 3rd bullet point.

It is under resolved issues, as someone who just completed the achievement and did not receive her skin I can confirm it is not resolved for everyone.

Adding my name to the people who completed the achievement and did not receive the skin.

Edited by Induriel.8135
  • Like 1

Just completed the New Friend achievement, chest popped up, clicked on it, chest disappeared and no consumable or anything.

No such skin in the Mount Skins panel, though there is one that looks identical to the icon in the achievement, but it simply says "Skyscale".

I left SotO and came back in, nothing. I re-logged, nothing. I restarted the game, nothing.

Disappointing...Can't say that this has been resolved I'm afraid.

• Like 3

There is no separate Astral Ward Skyscale Skin. The item in the achievement is the unlock item for the Skyscale (similar to the original unlock item in Living World Season 4), just named differently. It automatically unlocks the Skyscale Mount, with the basic (original) skin. If you already have it unlocked, this does nothing. After finishing the achievement, a new collection is available, which (when completed) rewards you with the new Kryptis Skyscale skin. To sum it up: no bugs here it seems...

• Thanks 2

I just went back and had re-read the achievement (carefully) and you are, indeed, correct.

What confused me was the fact that the reward was named "Astral Ward Skyscale Mount Unlock". I interpreted the "Astral Ward" component to mean that it was an entirely new skin for the mount.

My sincerest apologies to the devs, the community and all for the kerfuffle, I will be more careful in my reading and interpreting in the future.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Dolce Luce.6529 said:

There is no separate Astral Ward Skyscale Skin. The item in the achievement is the unlock item for the Skyscale (similar to the original unlock item in Living World Season 4), just named differently. It automatically unlocks the Skyscale Mount, with the basic (original) skin. If you already have it unlocked, this does nothing. After finishing the achievement, a new collection is available, which (when completed) rewards you with the new Kryptis Skyscale skin. To sum it up: no bugs here it seems...

There is a bug though because the new collection is not unlocking after the 1 hour wait time as the tool tip says.  I finished a new friend last night and a new look is still not unlocked as of this morning.

• Confused 1

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Cullen.8156 said:

I am still confused, I completed the “New friends”achievement and already owned the skyscale.   What was the point other than the thee extra buffs?  So does everyone opens the new collection?  If so, theis thing is more expensive than the original!

This is now where I am at. What was the point of me doing this? Why not just give those with skyscales from Season 4 content the A New Look achievement unlock automatically. I just wasted a ton of gold and resources and time doing this. Are new players who don't have season 4 skyscales but unlock via A New Friend also getting the A New Look unlock? If so, this is a big diss to older players. Need to provide them with something that stands out and signals the double effort.

49 minutes ago, Tiamat.8254 said:

You didn't read my message correctly. There is a quest after 'a new friend' called 'a new look' and this one does reward a skyscale skin.

You didn't read my post correctly. I confirmed your statement and added information for the OP that the "Astral Ward Skyscale" is not a skin.

• Confused 2