PvP is very One Sided at the moment

Mell.4873

Original list is bad, Ranger is a clear outlier and most of those things don't "1 shot" in the literal or even "un-reactable" sense of the phrase.

New list is strange. Specifically leaving out Untamed? Two bullet points for Revs while you lump other classes' specs together in one? Core Guard?

• Like 1

On 8/28/2023 at 6:20 PM, bethekey.8314 said:

Original list is bad, Ranger is a clear outlier and most of those things don't "1 shot" in the literal or even "un-reactable" sense of the phrase.

New list is strange. Specifically leaving out Untamed? Two bullet points for Revs while you lump other classes' specs together in one? Core Guard?

This applies to both lists. I'm focusing on the tools those elites or classes have at there disposal. Untamed can be tanky while other times it can be a one-shot build. I mean I run a Carron Axe Ambush build. Even though I have alot of Vitality It is built to one shot players.

Same logic applies to Scrapper, they have skills/traits that can make them tanky but most people play it with berserker and one shot people but ultimately it doesn't count. 

When you see X do X. Core Guardian is always played as a Support so avoid wasting skill on it untill all the one-shot builds die. 

Edited by Mell.4873

On 8/25/2023 at 11:40 PM, Mell.4873 said:

These seem to be primary one-shot builds:

• Harbinger

You cc it and it cant nuke you. It must respect CC.

• Holosmith

You cc it and it cant nuke you. also, it can't handle immobilize well. 

• Soulbeast

A problem because of pig, how birds works with one wolf pack, and sword.

Dragonhunter

Trapper rune is gone so you have no excuse to get oneshot by this now unless you get snuck up on, which the DH has to do unstealthed, or you jump on a DH without assuming theyre standing on a trap flower. 

Three of these are counterplayable, one is a problem.

Only two of these are oneshot, and one of those two you can dodge. The other can delete you from stealth.

Even if you grant "there are at least four oneshot builds (there aren't), How's it onesided? There's some pretty tanky/block heavy builds out there too.

Here is a new List, These Classes you should never target in a team fight or duel under any circumstance unless you are a one-shot build yourself.

Avoid these Elites:

• Core Guardian
  • Herald
  • Vindicator (Rare but still tanky)
  • Elementalist (all of them)
  • Warrior (all of them)
  • Druid (Core Ranger sometimes)

This just looks like balance to me, Mell.

7 out of the 9 professions are "dont duel them", to you (assuming you still have a problem with harbinger). the remaining two are:

• Thief (which you will never duel in conquest. This can also high damage burst you.)
  • Mesmer (which now has shield on virtuoso and mirage, the former of which excels at wasting time 1v1 This can also high damage burst you.)

So.... sounds like the problem is something else maybe? 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

You cc it and it cant nuke you. It must respect CC.

You cc it and it cant nuke you. also, it can't handle immobilize well. 

A problem because of pig, how birds works with one wolf pack, and sword.

Trapper rune is gone so you have no excuse to get oneshot by this now unless you get snuck up on, which the DH has to do unstealthed, or you jump on a DH without assuming theyre standing on a trap flower. 

Three of these are counterplayable, one is a problem.

Only two of these are oneshot, and one of those two you can dodge. The other can delete you from stealth.

Even if you grant "there are at least four oneshot builds (there aren't), How's it onesided? There's some pretty tanky/block heavy builds out there too.

I agree with everything you said, I'm just letting people know what the most likely class is too one-shot them, a priority list of sorts.

1 hour ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

This just looks like balance to me, Mell.

7 out of the 9 professions are "dont duel them", to you (assuming you still have a problem with harbinger). the remaining two are:

• Thief (which you will never duel in conquest. This can also high damage burst you.)
  • Mesmer (which now has shield on virtuoso and mirage, the former of which excels at wasting time 1v1 This can also high damage burst you.)

So.... sounds like the problem is something else maybe? 

I don't include some classes especially Chronomancer's, Thief's or Willbender due to them having mobility so their potential comes from hit and run tactics. They can outright kill you too so they could be one-shoters too but if they don't, they flee.

I also agree this is balance 🙂

Edited by Mell.4873