So whats yall thoughts on Soto's Masteries?

11 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

I stopped the Flight Training mastery shy of Ley-Line Acclimation. I love zooming around the new zones on griffon way too much to take it. Disappointing, because it'd be nice to have Rising Spirits. Enhanced Updrafts are awesome. Enjoy Combat Launch. Fireball does more damage than I thought it would. I can't tell that Wall Spring did anything for me even though it's supposed to launch farther having trained the original Wall Launch.

Just finished Ley-Loom Operation on the Research mastery. Haven't used it yet, but maybe it'll still be useful for gliding, since I'm not taking Ley-Line Acclimation. Once again, feels bad to have to advance a mastery just to open chests.

Astral Ward seems like a waste of a line. Two mastery points to enable the resting mechanic? And the rest of the line is just more gates that I knocked down as soon as possible and felt no better for having done so.

i feel some of the achievements that give you masteries are bugged! i have seen some posts and others suffer from being unable to obtain some map completion or skyscale stuff from Searing Cauldron while being unable to complete the Shine Down foxes one or whatever...some foxes just DONT spawn the white areas / targets / rocks / chests...and i need to complete them

tl:dr :   mastery point rewarding achievements are bugged, QQ fix a lack of mastery points to finish masteries & unlocks

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

I stopped the Flight Training mastery shy of Ley-Line Acclimation. I love zooming around the new zones on griffon way too much to take it. Disappointing, because it'd be nice to have Rising Spirits. 

I haven't really noticed any significant change in my ability to get around after training Rising Spirits.

• Like 1

Masteries*

• Already had Lay line gliding with glider
  • Already could swap mounts mid air using the Key bind under options in game
  • 6million+ Xp and 20 Mastery points later and you earn the right to find a chest type in a Simon says combo to open it to get 7 unusual coins, Empyreal Fragments, 2 pieces of Unidentified gear and oh oh a random Medallion.
  • Complete meta event, oh now you have to fly around an area to gather your loot, because auto loot mastery does not work because chests are far away
  • Astral Mastery, lol, how much to make a set of armor, wait what, more than ascended piece, what wait, how many mattes...  Wait what, it is only Exotic... what?!

By the way, no one, did the Treasure Hunting Kit in PoF, why because they always spawn the other side of the map and the time you spent gathering them,  you could earned more doing anything else in the game.  Now for those 10 people that loved the Treasure Hunting Kit, there is an entire expansion called, Secrets of the Obscure where you can fly around an entire map and close rifts for some loot,  aka Treasure Hunting Kit.

All the other expansions the Mastery points allowed you access to somewhere others did not have access to.  Mastery points opened up additional content that others did not have access to.  Mastery points helped with opening up areas of the story or maps you could not do without them.   SoTO does nothing but give you access to nothing new.  Yes they have locked crafting behind a mastery now.   Yes the lay lines which were not annoying are now annoying because they will fly you backwards if accidently hit one.   The path you previously took on skyscale to get to the next island is the same, but now you glide on a lay line.

*Massive waste of time.

• Like 1

On 9/25/2023 at 3:54 PM, Gibson.4036 said:

I stopped the Flight Training mastery shy of Ley-Line Acclimation. I love zooming around the new zones on griffon way too much to take it. Disappointing, because it'd be nice to have Rising Spirits. Enhanced Updrafts are awesome. Enjoy Combat Launch. Fireball does more damage than I thought it would. I can't tell that Wall Spring did anything for me even though it's supposed to launch farther having trained the original Wall Launch.

Just finished Ley-Loom Operation on the Research mastery. Haven't used it yet, but maybe it'll still be useful for gliding, since I'm not taking Ley-Line Acclimation. Once again, feels bad to have to advance a mastery just to open chests.

Astral Ward seems like a waste of a line. Two mastery points to enable the resting mechanic? And the rest of the line is just more gates that I knocked down as soon as possible and felt no better for having done so.

Wall spring feels like that cuz its bugged. If you hold space while attaching to a wall it wont give you the faster charge up. if you just attach then space then it works...

I love being able to mount in combat once in a while. It saves me from some frustrating situations - which is nice. I loathe the fireball attack though. It lends itself too much to just fly by, shoot a fireball or two, and move on while getting credit for a kill or event. And siege turtles can annihilate entire packs of mounts. Not my favorite additions, to be sure.

On 8/26/2023 at 1:43 AM, Lugh.8470 said:

Maxed Flight Training and it is ok but sometimes layline travel is annoyance even if I dismount and glide it still forces traveling because of gliding.

I really wish that would make it so you had to press F or another key to latch onto the ley line. I loke the skill, but I have lost track of how many times I have been kidnapped and am half a zone away by the time I free myself. As said above dismounting just allows you to be kidnapped in your glider.

"Common let's go get the T3 rift. Hey where's Bob?"

"Oh he won't make it, his wing clipped a ley line and based on the screaming he is on his way to the next zone now."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2